Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Everyone uses icons. They're everywhere so you spend a lot of time using them during design. Usually you need some external project opened with those icons and copy-paste them etc.

Would be good to have some kind of built-in way to use imported icons (or any asset actually)

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

As of know you can copy and paste items from Illustrator and from browsers. You can also import SVG from Sketch and from Finder. Could you change the title for this item to Font Icon support? If that is the case. Thanks.

2. Would love to be able to print out my screens. I know I can export assets and then print, but a one step print function would be awesome.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think most of us in the industry already use AI and/or PS as our primary design tool. It would have been awesome if XD was a tool that focused on simply adding interactivity to artwork that was imported from AI or PS. AI and PS already have all the editing capabilities... why do you want to add them again in XD. It seems like the goal was to create an answer to Sketch, rather than enabling existing Adobe users to rapidly create interactive prototypes. Adobe's core strength is in AI and PS... and you could have hit it out…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The current implementation of "masking" is missing a key feature... clipping masks.

I've attached a file to help give a better understanding of what I'm referring to. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show all & zoom to selected object is a pretty powerful way to navigate among your artboards. Also very useful when trying to work on the details of a particular selected object.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can now zoom to selected object. Check out the September release of Adobe XD.

Tom (Adobe XD)

6. In addition to left, right and centre aligned text I would love to see a (center) justify text align option. At the moment importing center justified text from AI does not perform as expected. I feel that is because that type of alignment is not supported by the XD software.

Basically I would like the same text alignment options as Illustrator (the advanced alignment options included!)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have center justification for text areas already!

If you’re interested in full justification, please upvote this story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16278061

If you’re interested in upper case, please upvote the text transform story: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13717794

If there’s a specific issue with text copy and paste from Illustrator, please do file it as a specific issue.

Thanks!

-Elaine

7. It'd be amazing to be able to embed a shared prototype so clients, users can interact with it.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dear Adobe XD.
    It is a very big part of working in international Web design that the design tool support all font's.
    It means that I also need the name in original langues.
    Photoshop, ondesign and illustrator can do it but i can't find any way in XD

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. this feature is not very important but sometimes I'm getting confused with files. Indesign and XD have very similar icon/thumb color. How about changing it to something different? eg yellow – there is no yellow app in CC

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rectangles and ellipses can be marked as "cropping". Such cropping containers will apply a cropping mask on anything put inside it. This should be a reversible behavior.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The shared preview mode (link) is not 1:1 size matching the artboard resolution (f.e. like invision), but in smaller size and cannot be adjusted, so client cannot see the original scale and details of larger (long) websites... Maybe it's not a bug, but a missing feature, but I would not mind if you just copy invision in this:))

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. since there is no layers tab, it is crucial to have a feature that allows the user to arrange objects to:

• bring to front
    • bring forward
    • send backward
    • send to back

I'm aware that these are in the menu under Object, but please make them more accessible in the UI, if I have to go into the menu every time to arrange objects it will slow down the user's work flow!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our June 2016 release, you will be able to use the context menu (right click) to arrange your item. For now, you can use the menu under Object as mentioned, or shortcuts (CMD + ] to Bring Forward, or CMD + [ to send Backward).

13. Back, forward and home buttons in online share modus, outside of the design area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. This is straight taken from my Sketch workflow. In Sketch, when you copy an artboard, the pastable asset is a raster version of your artboard. This allows to quickly paste a work in progress to a Trello card or Slack channel/conversation. This also negates having to export an asset for nothing, saving time and reducing project clutter in general.

As of now,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I was in the middle of designing, and then realised that I needed to increase the length of a previous artboard and add in more data. Now to do that I first need to move all the artboards below it further down. But to that, I have to individually select each artboard to create a group - and then move them. This in my case meant selecting 20 artboards one by one. Doing this is a big pain, and often one wrong click lost all the selections. :( :( :(

An easier way would have been to have drag-select action…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the option to morph an element to another from a step to the next during transitions.
    For example a button in Step 1 can be linked in the prototype to a input field in Step 2. Then during the transition, AdobeXD should morph the button element to the input field.
    Both elements can be made with SVG assets, and morphed with the Gsock SVG Morph animation library.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I attached an image explaining the idea. In short - cut our design time by 50%. When adding content to content blocks you almost always need to do the tedious task of selecting everything beneath and moving it to create space for the changes. I want to eliminate this task by using Dynamic content spacers. Just hover over a border and connect that border to another - lock it and type in your prefered px / point or % - your preference and voila. Every time you make changes the design just moves magically with all the content :)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to paste master elements in place to avoid them not being aligned from page to page

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As mentioned in the comments, you can copy (CMD + C) from one artboard, select another artboard by clicking on its title and paste (CMD + V). It should paste it on the same place as the original, on the new artboard.

19. Since preview 2 (apr edition) prototypes are taking a fair bit longer to load.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As a user, I want to be able to go back one screen if I am viewing my prototype in preview mode so that I don't get stuck on a screen that I haven't prototyped yet.

Sometimes, I just want to test that all of the buttons on a screen take the user to the screens they are supposed to, but I may want to continuously go back to the previous screen because I may want to test a new path.

Perhaps a keyboard command would be great. You could also make it go back if you click 3 times…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added new features recently to our shared prototype viewer that I think you’ll like. Now, when you view your shared prototype, you should be able to use the navigation buttons (as well as the left/right arrow keys) to be able to shuffle through your artboards in order, even if you have interactions defined. Check it out and let us know what you think!

-Elaine