Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. It would be great to be able to choose the page to view online directly.

When you want to quickly show a certain page in your mockup, or start anywhere else than your designated Home, it can be tedious to click through the prototype as not all the paths are there.
    Using the previous/next buttons can be confusing as it depends on how you have spread out the artboards.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In the upper left of the navigation, there’s an icon with four squares in it. This will show a grid overview of all of the artboards in the document, which shoudl allow you to quickly jump to an artboard. Once you have the artboard open, you can copy the URL to then jump directly there. Hope that helps!

2. What is it with Adobe's hatred of sound? They keep coming out with apps that make it easier to assemble web sites yet ALWAYS exclude sound. There are a lot of creative projects I'd like to work on with Adobe but they require sound files. From a web site where you click and drag loops to mix the audio live, to a kid's virtual zoo where you click on an animal to hear the sound it makes, to a site made for visually-impared people who have to navigate by sound, to a site about how orchestras work where you can…

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be really nice if you can make the nudge (Shift + Arrow) work with the same size as the grid by default or add some tool to change it. I think this way we can work even faster.

For example: for an 8px grid, make the nudge 8px instead of the default 10px; for a 4px grid, nudge 4 px and so on.

Additionally, another mode could be added to make the nudge twice the size of the grid. For a 4px grid, nudge 8px.

It's the same principle as nudg.it for Sketch, but without the hassle of…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With XD 23 release, when square grid is on, nudging will align the elements to grid and move them in grid size increments.

Furthermore, now you can resize elements in grid increments by using Cmd+Shift (Alt+Shift on Win) and arrow keys.

Happy designing!

4. Add angular gradients -- gradients that sweep around like the hands of a clock.

(This is NOT the same as radial gradients, which are shaped like concentric circles).

Angular gradients are useful for creating progress spinners, color wheels, etc. With high contrast gradients you can also create "starburst"-style background patterns.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Relative positioning in a group will allow us to create custom UI components.
    Attributes such as alignment, distribute, padding and margin between two or more objects will allow flexibility to resize a group without re-arranging internal objects.

Unlike responsive behaviour, this feature does not care about artboard size, but treat a group as a mini-artboard.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In September, we released the Responsive Resize feature, which gives you both the flexibility to resize automatically as well as define the relationship between objects using constraints. For more details: https://theblog.adobe.com/september-2018-release-of-adobe-xd-responsive-resize-timed-transitions-and-more/?scid=8df38ebb-9534-4044-9f0c-e4ffd86c6fbe&mv=social&mv2=owned_social If you’d like to see refinements, please do feel free to file a new ticket here on UserVoice!

6. For better flow and clarity for the clients, to have artboards names visible at the top of every screen in the public views.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be nice to see (where you select the font-familie) what font-families you already used in your project.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to turn artboard-based grids on and off using a checkbox in the artboard's property inspector.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rather than fixed zoom amounts, a Zoom tool (in the toolbar - z to select it) would be a great addition - allowing marquee style zooming

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

Hi everyone,

just wanted to let you know, that we have just shipped the zoom tool in the July update of XD.

In addition to zooming with Alt+Mouse Scroll or Pinch-to-zoom on trackpad, you can now access the actual marquee zoom tool in the toolbar via the loupe icon (Z shortcut) or the temporary zoom like in PS and AI via SPACE+CMD, that allows you to do panning and zooming together when navigating the canvas.

Hope you enjoy it.

Read more about the July update.
    http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/july-update-of-adobe-experience-design-cc-preview/

Cheers,

Tom (Adobe XD)

10. We often send clients JPGs to show them the design, would be good to be able to export individual/all artboards (like in illustrator).

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that JPG export is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

11. Windows needs blur effects, that Mac got in May release.

I believe that Mac got blur effects before Windows, because Mac has blur integrated in the system...We would love to see blur in windows version. (I know that Windows has blur behind Action Center, and all other nice stuff but it isn't used as much as in Mac OS and iOS.) Tell me if i am wrong.

This is the only reason I do my designs of old Photoshop, using Blur effects with Clipping Masks. And it is so slow and terrible experience.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. XD could really use a Round to Pixel command. Yes, I'm pulling this straight from Sketch, but it's awfully useful. The command simply rounds every anchor point to the nearest whole-pixel value, eliminating fractional pixels.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature has been added in our November update (version 0.6.2): choose Object > Align to Pixel Grid to tweak the X/Y/W/H so the object(s) are crisply aligned with the pixel grid. You can use this command with a multiple selection or with groups selected to align multiple objects at once.

Note: aligning to pixel grid does not always mean the X/Y/W/H won’t have fractions. For center-stroked shapes (lines and Pen tool, mostly), sometimes the X/Y need to end in .5 to keep the stroke crisply aligned on-pixel.

I see some people in the discussion thread here are asking for snap to pixel “by default.” Adobe XD should already do that, with very few exceptions (see https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010/suggestions/16962847-resizing-multiple-selection-or-group-loses-pixel-alignment). If you’re encountering other situations where objects you created in XD are not pixel aligned by default, please file a new bug here in UserVoice.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback and…

13. Share link Again button placement feels like it should switch place with Update link..

BECAUSE:
    I usually send out links to the team/clients, and when I want to update the Link (Share Again) then right after clicking the buttons change to "Update Link" or "Create New Link" The one beneath the mouse cursor is Create New, and that really is a mess since its really easy to missclick that button. I generally always just want to Update my prototype since the link is already out there.. Not have a chance to missclick the New link and have to send a…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I think it's quite obvious.

Would be good to have blur option

Also:
    - Bluring everything below some element is quite popular (like iOS menus)
    - Blur should stay solid on edges of element (quite often it fades there)

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. (NOTE: You can rotate symbols currently by entering a rotation value in the Properties panel. This request is for dragging on canvas to rotate, like you can with other objets that have resize handles).

Can you, please, add handles to be able to rotate symbol with mouse cursor. Like it is now done for all the other elements in XD.

Because for me it is faster to duplicate symbol and rotate two of them and then to remove the duplicate, rather than use special input field on the properties panel.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to select multiple text items, shapes, lines, etc. and be able to group edit their color, typeface, type size, corners, opacity, etc. Right now, I have to double click each and every type to change anything, which is a pain. Also (related) I need a way to axxess the type menu, shape menu, etc. without having to double click on anything.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, with the March release XD now supports the ability to Cmd+Shift+Click (or Ctrl+Shift+Click on Win) to select items across multiple groups and edit them together.

17. The ability to create polygons, such as Triangles (most important), Pentagons, Stars, Hexagons.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to announce that the polygon tool is now available with the XD 19 release. You can create a variety of shapes from triangles, pentagons to polygons with any number of sides, change corner radius or auto-animate the shapes in your prototypes. We also have plans to add the star shape in an upcoming update.

You can learn more about the polygon tool and our May release here: https://theblog.adobe.com/xd-may-2019-update-create-design-systems

Enjoy and let us know your feedback!

Best,
    Dan

18. I just noticed that sometimes its hard to find artboards, text, layers if you have a large prototype pages in your project. I think it would be nice to have a search function like the photoshop layers that has the ability to search through layers,styles,text,layer names and more. Maybe some "solo"(after effects feature) feature as well to show only the page that you are working on.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing this one as we’ve delivered search and filtering options for layers panel a while ago.

If you’re experiencing any issues with the current feature, please let us know in a comment or in a separate request.

Best,
    Dan

19. I would like to transition from Sketch to XD, but with so many clients files created in Sketch, I would need an easy way to open the Sketch files in XD and save them as native XD files.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Happy to announce that we’ve just released this feature!

You can bring a Sketch file into XD by simply opening it with the CMD-O command or by selecting “Open” from the “File” menu. It automatically converts into an XD file with your artboards, layers, symbols, and effects ready to use.

You can find more details about March release here:
    https://theblog.adobe.com/march-2018-update-adobe-xd/

We’re continuing to improve this feature, so expect even more in the upcoming releases. In the meantime, check what’s currently supported here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/open-sketch-files-in-xd.html

Let us know your feedback.

Cheers,
    Dan

20. to be able to shear, 3D rotate etc would be useful. This would reflect css 3D transforms.
    Example use would be creating isometric mockups.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)