Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Version : 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.2.61

Click the share button in the top right corner and select "Share again".

The "Update link" and "New link" buttons look exactly the same. Several times I have come to press the wrong button. In 100% of the cases, I want to update the existing link. I would therefore argue that it makes sense to emphasize this as a primary action.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In our development, the programmer needs to use the RGB value to label the color, but in this update,the version removed the RGB color information, we have to need for an additional conversion to get the results.

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When sharing with a less tech-savvy client, they see the arrows and automatically go to click through like a PDF reader. It would be good to have a way to either change the order of the pages for that view (you can't always guarantee that the order the artboards are built in will be the order they appear in the user journey) or the ability to hide them in the share settings.

hide/turn off "slide" feature on prototype

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to copy wires along with assets. For example, if I have a home button that will always link to the same page, it would be helpful if I didn't have to wire the button each time. This would also be helpful when duplicating artboards so the links stay intact. For example, if I need to show a dropdown menu, I would do this by duplicating the artboard and adding a wire to the dropdown menu. In this case, I would want all the existing wires to stay the same.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now paste wires with the objects in the May 2017 release of Adobe XD! Simply switch to prototype mode, and the objects will paste with their wires. You can copy and paste artboards with the wires between them intact, even to other files.

To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

5. The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.

287 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be amazing if we could set spacing and padding relationships between elements and then build those relationships into a style that can be universally adjusted.

To explain, here's a scenario:

Let's say we have a wrapper container. Inside of it we have an 400px high image that aligns to the top and spans full width across. Below is a left aligned headline that sits exactly 40px below the image. Left aligned below and 20px below the last line of the headline is a block of body copy. 40px below the last line of body copy is a button.…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Line break in comments

Ideally 'shift' + 'enter' would be the shortut key for that line break

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. While all Links are visible (Cmd+A)

Having an error highlight on a Page(s) if it's not linked to another Page.

Example: It would be a nice way to know if you've forgotten to relink Page A to Page C if you've needed to delete Page B.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Actually, the app stores just the last prototype. Please keep all prototypes on device, in a simple list, always available and organizable.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. University of the Arts, London is a large client of Adobe we use Serialised Enterprise Licensing meaning we cannot install or use XD, which actually was working pre 2015.3.

Anyways, feature request is to support this licensing mode which is used across UAL as it is preventing us from using your product and we'd very much like to teach it.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I´m designing for several screens at once and would like to be able to create separate links for the different screens. Eg one for desktop, one for tablet and one for phone. So that I easily can work on all the screens at once and don't have to change files.

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now change the position of the border along the stroke for closed paths in the December release of Adobe XD! Check it out, and let us know what you think. If you’d like to see additional improvements to this feature, please feel free to file it as a separate ticket.

-Elaine

14. 281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently the XD mobile app requires you to log in with a CC account.

If the phone is attached via USB, it would be nice if you can view the selected artboards in XD w/o being forced to signing in first.

This will help for teams that share various testing devices so that they dont need to constantly sign in/out of each device they use.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

Hi! We’ve just released a delayed login experience, where you can now use the live preview functionality without signing in with a CC account!

16. Currently, it's just pasted as a raster image...

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To be able to use XD as a useful tool for content architecting/wireframing (before design, before prototype) - a library of generic common web and mobile web elements would be very useful (in an easily accessible panel - NOT by copying and pasting from a template file).

For example:
    - Image/Logo (resizable) placeholder
    - Horizontal and Vertical Nav placeholder
    - Icon library (like hamburger, search, map point, etc)
    - Text block (resizable) placeholder
    - Scrollbar (horizontal, vertical) placeholder

etc

Think Balsamiq, or OmniGraffle wireframe tools for example.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on this! With the introduction of plugins, we now have a wide variety of plugins that will meet this need. You might want to try out the Quick Mockup plugin, which was just released. Check it out, and feel free to file a new ticket if you’re looking for more!

18. In V1, it's clear that support for AI and PS files will be minimal. But please support SVG files. As of now, SVG files don't even appear and if they do, only parts of them are seen.

With SVG support, I can export all my AI artwork to SVG and import that into XD without losing any styles. This will be a great temporary fix while you work on supporting AI files. Please make this happen for V1.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a UI Kit for Mac OS X interface controls. I often do extensive prototyping of Mac application interfaces, and there needs to be a better tool than things like Keynote.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Elaine, where in UserVoice should we put this request, if not here? The implementation of hide and show objects needs to be very much improved. It really needs to be like Illustrator where you can hide one object at a time but also unhide all of them. To unhide 10 hidden objects in XD, you currently have to click 10 times in the "layers" palette. When these items are near all adjacent to each other on the artboard, but all mixed up in the layers palette it is extremely frustrating. Especially when in AI it just requires one simple keystroke…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)