Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Because we are often working with multiple dev teams on a single project it would be great to be able to select a specific path of actions and share them as a link. Example: share just the contact flow or the shopping cart flow.

The benefit of being able to see all screens and link to them is great. Being able to see and share a subset as well would be awesome. We could focus on just sharing that specific interaction and the team it is being sent to wouldn't have to go through everything just to see the UX…

632 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi All,

WIth August release of Adobe XD, we have now added the ability to define ‘Multiple Flows’ on your canvas, switch between them in Share mode, and also choose to publish or share out links from your flows!

You can also choose to share out just a single artboard on your canvas, by setting it as ‘Home’ artboard and not having any connection wires to/from it.

Check out this video and blog post to learn more!

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TbbMeM650g
    Creating & Sharing Multiple Flows in Adobe XD: https://letsxd.com/guides/creating-sharing-multiple-flows

I highly encourage you to install the latest version of Adobe XD, and give this feature a try!

We would love to hear your feedback and improve upon it.

• Comments section is very valuable, but people have been missing that during handoffs and discussions. Its not clear that tapping the icon is will open up the comments panel. A first time learning curve.
    • Also replies are not easily discovered. It might make sense to collapse when we have a lot of comments/ replies in a thread, but to start with can we have everything opened up. Or a switch to full collapse/ open
    • It also not evident if new comments are placed. I do get a notification but would need to go to each screen to hunt for the…
    19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. Import Illustrator file with options to select layers and/or artboards.

This would increase ease of use and workflow, so a user is not always switching between apps.

1,070 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce that with version 13 you can natively open Illustrator files in XD. Layers, artboards, effects, symbols and artwork are preserved, editable and at the best visual fidelity.

To open an Illustrator file in XD, do one of the following:
    - In XD, select File > Open. Navigate to the required folder, select an .ai file, and open in XD. You can also use the Cmd+O (Mac), or Ctrl+O (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
    - Drag the Ai file over the XD icon (on Mac only).
    - Right-click the Illustrator file and select Open with > XD from the sub menu.

Here’s a list of what’s supported and not supported at this time: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/open-illustrator-files-in-xd.html

We’re also working on adding the same transfer fidelity for copy & paste from Ai workflow, so keep an eye on our next releases.

Thanks for voting this feature and let us know…

1. Version 0.6.16.7 Beta
    2. Synchronize font from Typekit
    3. Sync'd font should be available in Xd
    4. Sync'd font is unavailable in Xd until after app relaunch

other search terms: load fonts without restart, reload installed fonts automatically

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be a good way to organize elements if we have the layer panel. Locking and unlocking elements is just a click away.

883 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be very helpful to have symbols in order to have reusable elements that can be updated in one place and have those edits instantly take effect in all instances/artboards in the design.

832 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to say you can now use symbols in the November release of Adobe XD!

Thanks to everyone who voted on this — it honestly does make a difference in making this happen sooner.

There are lots of ways we could expand on this initial set of symbol features. Please let us know your opinion by upvoting follow-up suggestions like these:

And as always, feel free to file new suggestions if you have other ideas that aren’t posted in UserVoice yet!

5. Auto save take away the worry of saving and losing data.

722 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With XD versions 8 and 9 we’ve gradually released Auto-Recovery. This is a feature that restores files automatically in the event of an application or system crash. Auto-Recovery is enabled by default and available for both Windows 10 and Mac users.

How it works:
    - While editing an XD file, Auto-Recovery runs in the background and stores the edits in a backup file at every 5 seconds. Every time you save the file, the backup is cleaned up from your disk, so there’s no impact on storage.
    - In the event of an application or system crash, the backup file is used to restore the last unsaved edits to the original files.
    - At next XD launch, the recovered file is available as a recent file in the Start screen or the “File” menu option.
    - Recovered files can be identified by the “*” character added at the…

6. Support for scrolling artboards in design mode as well as in the Preview window.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like to share my full document to my team in order to communicate all specifications I added. This would help them giving a bit more context to the prototype and also be able to see all the different states of a pattern to build.
    Maybe save as a PDF file or also online?

787 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released the Design Specs feature in our November release as a Beta. You can now publish a Design Spec, which will show your developer an overview of the flow and allow them to introspect measurements and styles. We’re working on additional functionality based on this foundation, so I’m closing this feature as completed in order to get new suggestions as to what specific additions you’d like to see to the Design Specs feature.

Please also note that we now have a new feature area called “Design Specs” in UserVoice, so please file new feature requests there! As a reminder, please file one suggestion per UserVoice submission so that we can better aggregate!

-Elaine

8. Allow the user to add a password to shared prototypes.

772 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. With the latest update of adobe XD you can copy & paste the interaction from one element to another but considering we usually have same elements across multiple screens with minor variations like active & hover states etc ( for example a bottom navigation bar in mobile app) it is still a tedious task to copy & paste interaction across all those multiple screen so i suggest that we should be able to select multiple elements ( say 4 buttons at navigation bar on screen 1 ) and copy interaction, then select the 4 items on screen 2 and paste…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi. I'd like to be able to select all artboards used or not used in a prototype.

I would use this in a couple of ways:

1. I want to clean up my artboard layout, so that "current" artboards are in one area and older or reference artboards are off to the side. The current ones are the ones linked up in the prototype. I'd like to select all artboards that aren't in the prototype—don't link from or to the home board through any path—and then move those all with one gesture to another area of the workspace, leaving only the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tappable carousel images are a common feature in mobile apps. These require the ability to swipe left, swipe right, and tap the same object. Please add this facility while introducing advanced interaction features in XD. Having a single interaction per object is a great deterrent in real-world user testing.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 758 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would love to be able to work with my design team at the same time on the same file on different computers and instantly see changes made by someone else in realtime.
    Currently, we use Google Drawings to create wireframes because it allows us all to work in the same file at the same time and to instantly see changes made.

synchronous collaboration
    Google Docs

657 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m pleased to announce that we’ve introduced Coediting in its early form in XD 24. You can get more info on this beta feature on letsxd.com. If you have feedback for us, please do file them as separate tickets here on UserVoice!

14. In order to make global typography changes, it would ber very useful to have paragraph styles as part of the feature set. Bonus: export CSS from these paragraphy styles.

745 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Style Guide - Rollover Highlighting

With the release of v. 0.8.22, when you rollover a style in the "Character Styles" listing, it should highlight all elements in the project that use that style. Inversely, if I click on an object that uses that style, it should highlight the style.

The current implementation means we have repeat entries if two usages share the same stylings, but could deviate in the future, because the use case is different.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As you share your prototype it would be great if I could leave a comment anywhere in the prototype, say on a specific button or image, etc.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With today’s update of XD, you can now pin comments to an artboard. From a shared prototype:

1) Click on the comment icon (top right) to open the comments pane.
    2) Sign in with and Adobe ID, or as a guest.
    3) Type in your comment.
    4) Click on the “Pin to Artboard” link.
    5) Move your pin to the correct location on the artboard.
    6) Drop the pin.

17. For any given vector pieces, to be able to copy from XD and cut to illustrator. We can do it in the other way for now, but it would be great if it could work the other way too.

To rework an icon for example, or trick an object with more advanced tools like in illustrator. Why ? It's faster than to export to svg and export it back again. It would also allow to keep your objects scaled the same way.

624 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is now available in the March release! If you don’t see an update, select the … icon in the Creative Cloud desktop app and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have further feedback on this feature, please feel free to file a new ticket!

18. Would like the ability to be able to select a object/path behind another with a cmd+double click (?) as per indesign, or be able to 'select by path only' like illustrator

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)