Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. As has been noted for this to be a good web app it will need to fully embrace css and render it accurately.

However some display capabilities would inevitably require special markup, complex css constructs, javascript etc... in development that would be beyond the scope of this program if this is to remain a pure design app.

Therefore it would be useful to tag objects or artboards to display in strict mode - exactly according to css properties - or to display in lets say design mode to allow freeform placement of objects which would require additional markup in development…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The ability to name artboards and assets with some criteria (for example, a forward slash: "ARTBOARD1/IMAGE2/iOS/BACKGROUND") which would automatically generate nested folders upon export.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Color Theme Tool (like InDesign) - maybe tied to the creative cloud.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be great if you could just drag multiple images into XD and place them one by one onto shapes (like in indesign)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After drawing a line for a line graph with the pen tool I realised that my points weren't easily spaced. It would be great to be able to fix this issue by selecting all of the points and distributing them evenly using the alignment tools at the top right.

Writing this I realise that maybe I should just turn on the grid tool and space them evenly first time but this may come in handy for other situations too?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Many app pages open up the same page (such as "Terms of Conditions"), which only contains one return/cancel button to link back to a specific single page.

Currently the only way to deal with this issue is to make an inefficient duplicate of the ToC artboard for every artboard that links to it, and have this specific duplicate's return/cancel button redirect to its corresponding artboard.

This could be solved with an option for "2-way" links that can be linked to a specific button on the destination page. Clicking "cancel/return" on the ToC page would then redirect you depending on the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would love to see snapping with the vector tool the way they’ve implemented in Figma (figma.com). Love the ability to snap-align points on a path, especially with the temporary rulers that flash during intersection.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Percentage calculated border sweep around shape

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to add some of illustrator keyboard short cuts : ie, using the X to toggle between the color and stroke of an object

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'm working on a MAC BookPro with high density display. When I redesign existing apps, I take screenshots of small parts of my screen and paste them in XD. Then I recreate the components, icons... using the vector tools.
    When I work with a HD screen, I paste the screenshots and they are scaled 200% (because the OS captures twice more pixels). But it's not relevant in XD, I have to scale it down 50% to get accurate dimensions. I'd prefer XD to detect the screen density and scale it down if needed.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. While drawing a shape, you should be able to hold the spacebar to adjust its position. I use this shortcut all the time in Photoshop and Sketch.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It may be helpful to see which text objects are point versus area at a glance in the layers panel.

Just a thought.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Like Sketch's "Around selection" option

Create a custom size artboard

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied artboard, or when clicking with the Artboard tool to add new artboards.

Original request:
    (please vote for https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13623243-resize-spacing-between-objects if you're interested in this Repeat-Grid-like dragging idea)
    Apply REPEAT GRID padding adjustment feature to change the padding around a selected group of Art Boards -- Just like REPEAT GRID pink padding adjusters, it would be great to change the spacing of a group of art boards the user has selected, and/or the ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied art board

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently I can only select colors using Hue. If I want to adjust the brightness of a color I need to use the numeric input. It would be nice to allow users to adjust Hue, Saturation, and Brightness visually, similar to the way Photoshop works.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It is helpfull to preview prototype in real time in browser. In Exactly the same option works very well in Sketch, where you are able to see real time prototype changes not only in mobile app but you are able to share in web your stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drag any object from the canvas to create a thumbnail image for web preview. See GIF

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When I select rectangle tool in photoshop and click in the canvas (or in AI) it shows me a box for width, height and radius etc.

It would be great in XD especially when creating form elements and buttons.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)