Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make symbol from multiple existing copies of the same elements

It would be helpful if we could make a new symbol from multiples of the same object - for instance, you've got a button or icon that is exactly the same, but you've got 10 of them in use already. It would be great if you could 'symbol-ize' one of them and have it work on all instances.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add LDPI and TVDPI to asset export tool

Although you cover the most common Android densities, sometimes you need to cover these resolutions for certain devices, for compatibility and testing purposes. It would be great if you would add a 0,75x (LDPI) and 1,33x (TVDPI) to your android asset export options.

Photoshop and Sketch have a similar tool in which it lets you manually set your export sizes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove automatic highlighting from "HEX" box in color picker after a color is chosen from saved swatches

Right now, when you open up the color picker, the "HEX" box is highlighted. I get it, it's so you can manually type a value or copy the existing value easily.

However, once you have selected a new color from a saved swatch, I think the automatic highlighting of the hex should be removed. That way, you could close the color menu by pressing "V" and returning to the regular "move" tool. Right now, I constantly type "V" to try and close the picker, but I end up typing "V"s in the hex box instead.

Honestly, if there was an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Horizontal-only-scale drag handle on short elements like text fields

This small but frustrating issue has been such a common recurring problem for me. See attached. I know if I made the field much taller, the horizonal drag/scale handle would appear, but text fields are always short, I'm always tweaking the length, and it seems like there's room to fit the handle. Why not have it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Drag objects to other XD files

I would like the ability to drag between different XD files without having to copy and paste.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Windows] Add F5 hotkey support for desktop preview

From Visual Studio to other known editors, it has been common feature that when pressing F5, the application will launch.

Why not add same key (F5) support to Adobe XD as well, that when pressing that key, the desktop preview will launch.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Trusted user testing group

I would like to have a way to invite trusted people to user test my prototypes; in fact, I would like to entrust this to a group of verified AdobeXD users. Instead of always trying to hunt down ways to user test on another platform and then get participants. I would like to turn to a set of UXers and ask for feedback. This could relate getting Adobe Points for being a tester and for providing feedback.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Indicate which artboard is currently active on mobile device in XD window

When users have their mobile device tethered to their machine via USB and are viewing a prototype on that device, as the user traverses through screens it would be helpful to indicate on the computer on the XD canvas which dartboard is currently being shown on the mobile device.

This would be to help track screen flow as you click through a complex prototype.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow multi-selection of an object in a symbol and an object outside of a symbol

I can't select those two objects (Attachment / Red dots). The reason I want to select them is because I want to align them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Do not change layers view on deselect

I find it highly irritating that the Layer-Mode always collapses/closes the Artboard if you click outside of it.

Some people are used to click outside the artboard to deselect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Duplicate locked layers (Cmd + D)

Make it possible to duplicate locked layers please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically lock shape aspects if you create an shape holding shift

This is a simple yet time saving feature. If you create a new shape holding down the shift-key the little "Lock Aspect" lock-icon should be locked.

Because in most of the time Users create shapes with shift to resize the width and hight at the sam time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create Symbol toolbar button for quick access

It would be a great time saver to click on a layer and than on a "Create Symbol" button, instead of having to right-click or to switch to the "Symbol-mode"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export artboard (as PDF) with 'extra space' added to the artboard edge

When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Placing multiple images like in indesign

It would be great if you could just drag multiple images into XD and place them one by one onto shapes (like in indesign)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Maintain scale when dragging symbol from panel

v 0.6.2.7

-when placing a symbol, the scale is not always correct, so I drag and drop from the symbols menu/bar, and sometimes the scale is ~70%.

So when I release, and "place" the symbol, it grows, and isn't placed correctly, requiring me to re-select, and then re-place the symbol. Not a huge problem, but feels like an inconsistent experience, buggy, and was probably just an oversight.

Symbols should always come off the menu bar @ 100% scale, so I only have to select and place it once.

https://youtu.be/qXRQ8-WtlOM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable trackpad/magicmouse touch movement

I just started using Adobe XD instead of other UX system and I like it a lot but there were hundreds of times when I almost broke my mouse because of this nasty, frustrating mouse gestures turned on. There should be no such thing as option to move the screen only by the touch gestures in SUCH precise app. No other Adobe app has this feature turned on and it's absolutely ok to move the screen only when holding the space bar (Hand). It's natural. By doing it your way (mouse/trackpad gestures) you can easily reposition the elements by few…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Snap to 100% zoom when using trackpad pinch (or don't allow zoom past 100% at all with Cmd or Alt)

I use a lot of zooming in/zooming out while working with XD, it will be cool if I can keep the button cmd or alt pressed and the zoom will block at 100%.

So if I'm at 60% and pinch zoom with "alt" or "cmd" pressed, the max zoom will get to 100% and not over). Same thing when I'm on 200% (working on some details) and want to zoom out.

Trackpad user will benefit from that, so easy to zoom in/out with a trackpad but sometimes I need 5 or 6 pinches to find the perfect 100%

Thank you…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dragging and Dropping Outside Items into Repeat Grids Instead of Cutting and Pasting

After creating a repeat grid, if you have elements outside the grid that you want to add to the grid, it cannot be simply dropped into the Repeat Grid 'Group". You have to cut it and double click into the grid to paste it in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base