Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The preview link works really well, but it would be helpful if the background colour could be set to a custom colour. The default is white, but it would be handy if you could specify black (or any colour) instead. My reason is that when displaying a mobile screen on various mobile devices for testing, i often get small white stripes at the top and bottom due to variations of screen resolution. If i could set the background colour to black, then the gaps at the top and bottom wouldn't be an issues as the black would blend into a…

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Em values allows me to set relative values for font sizes and line spacing in a way that the line spacing is always relative and proportional to the font size. This is a great time saver.

Please take a look at Typecast, you can set it in px and/or em. Amazingly flexible.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. support for Google Maps

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Just like in Illustrator, have the ability to combine two end points so that you can create a shape based on previously created lines as opposed to making a new shape entirely.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display in image assets option the used file. In addition, display is it a link or embedded.

This would also be a good location for the feature request:
    Reload asset images automatically's manual reload button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In Photoshop, you can use the dotted rectangular feature to select a part of an image and cut it out, copy it, etc. I'd like to do the same with XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can we have a keyboard shortcut for align to pixel grid please - it's time consuming to do this all the time.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. While clicking through prototypes via de share link, it takes a lot of time for it to load pages. This is simply a no-go whilst presenting a prototype to customers.

Because every screen is loaded individually, when clicking on a button it takes several seconds to only load a "rollover". This a bit awkward when sitting around the table with clients who expect a clickable website.

Because online sharing is the only way to keep it clickable I have now no choice but to use Sketch instead.

Thinking out loud, I would suggest doing the following:
    - improving the server…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. As a designer in design mode, when applying "Update All Symbols," I wish to keep some update-overrides. But they can be hard to find. A find-and-replace feature, like in modern spell checkers, would help me to find and confirm, or skip, some of my other symbol overrides.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. OS X's Quick Look doesn't work, I can't look content

(macOS Finder spacebar / space shortcut)

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please expand the dat that the property inspector shows to include color codes, transparency percentage and the option to select (maybe even edit) this straight from the inspector screen instead of having to open every individual color box if you're specifying colors for a design.

Kind of goes hand in hand with earlier requested "blue print" modes to make it easier to share designs with developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Workspace for designing the screens.
    Viewer mode (a second "page" of screens).

Screens are split like an Excel "freeze' screen.

Use case:
    Working on mobile app
    Reviewing UI material in page based layout, not Symbols!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'd like to have Adobe XD available as a Cask to be installed using Homebrew.

It´s a common onboarding task to install (and update) a lot of software for a new team member and I use brew-cask for this. Most of the needed apps & packages are available through either brew or cask but not Adobe XD yet.

Thanks!

Useful links:
    https://caskroom.github.io/
    https://github.com/caskroom/homebrew-cask/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm a frontend developer and we export SVG's to use them inline in our HTML.

When you export an SVG (non-minified) you will see that all your paths/polygons etc. have id's attached to them. To avoid having multiple ID's it would be great if you can turn this off.

I noticed that the minified export does this however it would be great if you can also do this for non-minified versions, since sometimes we still have to edit the SVG a bit, or add custom classes/id's when manipulating elements within the SVG.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Actually, it would be nice to have access to all the prototypes through the CC mobile app.

Now, when I'm on smartphone you have to go to the assets.adobe.com and find them there. But assets.adobe.com is not user friendly on mobile.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be of great value to be able to have error handeling this would create a more realistic prototype and scenarios for user testing.

Example 1:
    If you add a text field and set it to an email field it should trigger an error when a user doesn't fill it in correct.

Example 2:
    If you add a text field and set it to a mandatory field it should trigger an error when a user skips the field or presses a submit button.

At this moment there are no application I know of that have this feature and if…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Maybe by holding the command key while moving one of the groups.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi Team
    Can you please
    Deep link prototype URL to Show-comment, Show-bottom-navigation even in fullscreen,

it could be combinations of any of these
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&navigation
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscree&comments
    www.xd.com/xyz?comments

It hard to know that there is some comments on prototype or at least a "comment icon" with some number on it to get idea there are comments.

Thanks for implementing fullscreen
    www.xd.com/xyz?fullscreen

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We need the usual suite of typography shortcuts such as CMD + SHIFT + C for centre, CMD + SHIFT + L for left etc

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to see an ON/OFF switch to test for color conflicts with regard to 508 compliance.

This is valuable to me because I design for a large company and we need to make sure that everything tests fine against 508 compliance, which includes color conflicts for color blindness and deficiencies.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we still don’t have the tools built right into XD (and so I’m leaving this open), we do have at least one plugin to help with color blindness checking. Please do check out the plugins section of XD to see if one will work for you!