Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 178 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.

2. Allow component instance overrides to be inherited by all states

Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

895 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  206 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep elements properties between states (propagate text)

It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show differences between versions

When multiple users working on the same file, it will be great if we can see which part is changed or modified.

It is nice to see other people working on the work area realtime but when someone leave the file and come back, it should show them which part has been modified since they leave. Maybe a special highlight or a mark on changed art board.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow 3D Transformations in States

Please allow to use different 3d Transformations between the States so you can use 3d Transform as a hover effect or something else.

Currently the 3D Transform Options adapt to all States when you change it on the component.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need a way to duplicate master component

It would be great to have a way to duplicate a master component - create a copy within assets panel. If I have a component that has several states and I need to make a dark mode version of that component, I would like to just duplicate that component and make my changes instead of having to recreate it from scratch as a master component.

295 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create new master component from existing component

◆ Overview
    After releasing "State" feature, it's been able to prepare complex interactions like "hover." Following feature may help to reduce required time preparing a new component with similar behaviors/instructions.

◆ Actual
    New component with state settings every time when a similar behavior is expected in different look and feel.
    (Currently, preparing another XD file is believed to be the only solution to avoid this by selecting "Make it as local component" after loading it from another XD file.")

◆ Expected
    By select "Use it as a new Master Component" is to make a new Master component instead of copying…

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. To be able to edit layers on top of a locked one

If I have overlapping layers and I want to edit one of them, I usually lock the ones I do not want edited/ to move. Using Illustrator, I can draw a rectangle and set it as my artboard background and work freely without it going anywhere. I can't seem to do this in Adobe XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow negative values for Stack elements distance

We should be able to set negative distance for Stack groups. Would allow to have elements partially hidden under another.

It's possible to do this with Repeat Grid - set negative distance between grid elements. Not sure why you didn't allow us to do the same with Stack.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Force a path into a shape so you can edit it like a shape.

It would be be nice if there was a right-click option like "force path to shape." Paths do not have the edit options that shapes do.

For example, when I take a rectangle and change the edges or add new corners, XD automatically changes this to a "path." I've done this both intentionally and accidentally.

If I want to change this shape back to a rectangle so that I can edit the border radius, I have to redraw and restyle that shape from scratch. It would be really cool if Xd could identify the closest shape and force into that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stacks should be able to grow up and to the left

The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Color Agnostic Character Styles

I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

204 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Component override lost when copying between files

Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All -

Can you please detail out what’s your current workflow today in XD that lands you into that situation?

In other words, are the documents that you’re pasting into linked to the source document? are they “Saved As” versions of the source documents.

This extra info will help us identify what the issue is.

Thanks,
    Sherif

14. Make shortcut hotkeys for text align (left, center, right)

There should be keyboard hotkey shortcuts to quickly edit the text alignment.

SHIFT+ OPTION + L (Used to pull up my CC Library.. not as important.)
    SHIFT+ OPTION + R (Used to reload my plugins... not as important )
    SHIFT+ OPTION + C (NOT IN USE... maybe use this shortcut and have the 3 options cycle each time you hit it, left, center, right.)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rearrange Component States in Property Inspector

I'd love to be able to rearrange the component state order in the property inspector (the panel on the right in Design mode & Prototype mode). I would also love to be able to resize the section for component states. Currently it maxes out at 4 before you need to scroll.

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Component variants (parent-child, inheritance)

While Adobe XD Team has certainly done an amazing work toward design systems creation in the tool, it still lack a bit of power.

Actually, it's quite tedious to create, maintain and use a design system in XD. Especially when working with multiple variants of a component.

Let's say I need too work on an app design and I want create my buttons in my design system : primary, secondary, alert, w/icon, large, small...

With the current XD, I only have 2 solutions and both have are really time consuming to maintain :

1. I need to create a separate component…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Warn user if component that they are trying to paste is outdated

Currently when working with multiple documents, if you have overwrites on a component. And you modify that component, and then paste the component or artboard into a file that has an outdated version of that component.

It will paste the components but reset the overwrites and set the component back to it's default state. It doesn't inform the user about why it just resetted all their content. Which can be extremely annoying to the user, as this seems very weird. (Which is why there are also several support tickets of people running into this issue).

After talking with support, I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow fractional pixels / turn off pixel snapping

The current feature of switching on/off snapping by holding "Cmd" in Mac or "Ctrl" in Windows doesn't work properly. Additionally, we couldn't align shapes or objects with one another as there isn't feature to turn on/off the snap to pixel grid for the entire document.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that the Cmd/Ctrl keyboard shortcut you’ve mentioned below is actually used for turning off snapping to other objects and to the layout or square grid. I’ll merge this with another request.

19. Update a Library with a single click

It would be great if libraries could be updated with a single click rather than the multiple click, pop-up window, sometimes blue bar on the bottom too, senseless process currently in place.

Updating assets in a document using a shared library could also do with "some" thought.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Component Dependencies

When working with linked components, there are often times when individual components will 'mysteriously' not allow operations like delete, make local, etc.
    This is usually because the selected component is a sub-component another compound components.
    The process of finding out which other components in the library depend on the selected components is difficult even for the designer who created the components. It's nearly impossible for collaborators.

If a function like "Show Dependencies" were added to the right-click context menu of components that fall into this category, it would be much easier to manage.

I envision this feature as filtering the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base