Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. we need an "undo" function please. honest to god, cannot believe this is not a function in this app...

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

As multiple people have mentioned, undo is one of those critical features that we’ve had in the product since the first day. On Windows, you can right-click on the canvas to get the context menu and undo, or you can Ctrl+Z.

Hope that helps.

-Elaine

2. Ability to save symbols so that they could be used on any project would be very useful. As of now, symbols added can only be used on that particular project only.

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    https://letsxd.com/whats-new
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

3. Would be great if we could add multiples symbols at once rather than adding one by one. Maybe let grouped items be imported to the symbols section altogether.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. just like in Illustrator, Set grid, turn it on, any move using mouse or kbd keys will always snap the move to the created grid. very impt for UX design work.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The start experience on first run does not have a button that allows us to open existing XD files. Every other Adobe product allows this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When an object is very small on screen -- either due to zooming out, or just because it's small -- XD hides some resize handles to prevent them from jumbling all together.

On Mac, handles don't disappear until they're really overlapping. At 100% zoom, you can make a square as small as 16x16 and still see all eight handles (and it'll still give you four handles all the way down to 8x8).

On Windows however, you can only go down to 64x64 before handles start vanishing. And it'll drop from 4 handles to 1 at any size below 32x32.

This…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Each container should have a padding and margin delimiter and whenever you are dragging an element into a contanier, the container should limit the new child element so that you don't excede the padding limits, because in HTML it won't

Additionally, it would be also good to have a margin delimiter between elements:

if you drag one box with a padding of 10 px, then those 10 px should always be the delimiter for the next box in either direction.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When handing off designs to developers it would be great to allow them to view the XD file for font size etc. without actually paying or having an app installed.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As a designer, Boolean operations are a must have. I can't create nice clean curves/shapes for icons without boolean operations.

Coming from Figma and Sketch, this is very frustrating not having this. Most of the best icon designers aren't using the Pen tool for icon design.

Thank you!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable certain objects for Export

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think this already existed in macOS version. The idea is you can style (color, fontsize, etc.) a certain word or character in a line for sentence (one text group). This is, for me, one of the most useful features in design.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be nice if there was a way to have multiple versions of a design living in one document. Right now we'll have a v1 wireframe and will be reviewing features for v2. I typically lock that version and then create a new file called v2 and start making changes. Would be nice if they could be linked somehow verses multiple file versions.

1,283 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In this week’s release, we introduced document history for cloud documents, which enables you to review previous saved versions of your document within a window, and label and preserve these versions in perpetuity. If you have suggestions for improvements on this experience, please do file them as separate tickets!

14. To not re-create symbols in a new document.
    Still a good idea to add the ability to insert different text on different screens in one symbol.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like the ability to assign names to saved colors in my document's color palette library (the color picker "favorites" list).

This makes it easier to identify the correct color to use when my palette contains multiple similar colors.

This may also be useful for future features like making document-wide color changes (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085-global-style-color-edits).

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Version 0.6.16.7 Beta
    2. Synchronize font from Typekit
    3. Sync'd font should be available in Xd
    4. Sync'd font is unavailable in Xd until after app relaunch

other search terms: load fonts without restart, reload installed fonts automatically

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now access a fully featured top menu for Windows 10 in today’s release of XD! If you don’t see the update immediately, go to the Creative Cloud Desktop app, select the Update tab, the …, and “Check for updates.”

17. When I try to copy a section of text within a text box, if I right click on the selection there are no options but if I use the keyboard shortcut cmd + c it will copy it to the clipboard for me to paste on to another art board.

Is this by design or is it a bug? If it is by design can right click options on selected text be added please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shortcut too add a new Symbole

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice to see (where you select the font-familie) what font-families you already used in your project.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 14 15