Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. There should be a way to see the name of an asset on the Canvas. Currently there is no way to know the name of any asset (or in the case of colors and text styles, if an asset has even been applied) with out locating the asset in the panel and selecting "highlight all on canvas". This is very inefficient. A simple tooltip hover or shortcut (like alt to display measurments) would simplify the process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Idea is how we can use artboard like navigation bar again and again. Example navbar-artboard can be set to render Artboard A and B top and on A side it is fixed when B side it is not. But If you make changes to navbar itself, example the menu items then the both changes will be mirrored to artboards A and B.

Another change is how we can prototype changes to wanted artboard. Lets say we have 3 artboards: MainWindow, Navbar and Popup. I can set into Navbar to mirror on MainWindow then I can prototype Popup to Navbar to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Uma das minhas funções preferidas no photoshop é poder selecionar camadas de usando CTRL + Click. Assim eu posso trabalhar de forma mais livre ao arrastar objetos pelo palco. Gostaria dessa função disponível no XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t heard back in about three months, I’m closing this as inactive. Please feel free to file this again if you’re still having problems!

Como nós não ouvimos falar em cerca de três meses, estou fechando isso como inativo. Por favor, sinta-se livre para arquivar isso novamente se você ainda estiver tendo problemas!

Esta mensagem foi traduzida por máquina.

4. It is easy forgotten which graphics is a symbol and which is not. I ran into a large rework by revising a graphic size which was a symbol used across multiple screen sizes. UX should warn me that I am about to edit a symbol similar how Adobe Illustrator does. Moreover, I should be able so see how many instances of a symbol and where one is being used.

Searching for a symbol can be another improvement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. With some practice one can create navigation icons in XD, but it takes practice and a good amount of time if you want anything slightly better than a wire-frame level. I would love to see the ability to change the color of imported vector shapes. In other words, if import some vector mobile icons (simple shapes), I'd love the ability to change their color all at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable the ability to pan the project while using the color picker

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like the feature that I believe all/most have... when I have an artboard selected I want to be able to hit command + 0 and it zooms in full screen on just the single artboard selected!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Guides :-)
    • Color Tags for Layers
    • UI Dark Theme or the option to select a color theme
    • Selection of Highlight Color on Layers
    10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! In the future, please file a single ticket per request so that we can more easily aggregate with other feedback we receive! All of these requests are already in the database and just need your upvote:

9. This crap-let is missing so many Basic features fu adobe,
    thanks for the greed-ware.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Rulers
    • Text case formatting

- Rounded end caps for strokes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Some feature that I think need to add in XD ASAP
    1. Border Gradient
    2. Dash line
    3. Rounded corner (in stock)
    4. Masking - ( Mask with shape is really painful so it should be something like sketch or photoshop)
    5. Corner radius (shape edit mode) rather than access by the property.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you add a single idea per ticket instead of all of them in one place. The good news is, all of your ideas are already in the database and just need your upvote.

You can already edit the corner radius on the

11. It would be great to convert point text to paragraph text like in PS.

Bonus: Paragraph text should behave similarly like in InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Requests Better Text Control
    - quick keys to increase/decrease font size, leading, & kerning - without selecting those fields

• ability to transform text to uppercase, etc...

• providing tools similar to CSS rules would make sense

• create ordered & under ordered list

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dashed lines more control over stroke and dash

Plug ins like Sketch so more flexibility for adding common elements such as buttons users details. A content generator so don't have to use lorem ipsum.

Also a spell checker as no designer can spell (ok most)

Grids - for the love of Grid add them in

More options for Text including CAPS and Lowercase etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. Most of your suggestions are already in the database, and here are some you can upvote:

Thanks!

14. Me encantan, buen gusto! [Translation: I love them, good taste!]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Guidelines (for alignment horizontally and vertically) -> for making designs based on bootstrap framework columns
    • Text super- and subscript -> for prices in a webshop ,00 often is shown in super- or subscript.
    • Text strikethrough -> often used for old prices in webshops
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think everything listed here is covered by other feature requests already, so I’ll close this. Please upvote these items instead:

- Guidelines: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160453-guides
    - Superscript/subscript: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14844018-superscript-subscript
    - Strikethrough: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/15113031-strikethrough-crossed-out-text

In the future, please help us by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion and upvoting existing requests where possible. Thanks!

15. There's a new feature that allows you to position the border placed on an object (e.g inside, center, outside). If I'm not mistaken, you can not do this with CSS so I don't think it should be a design option in XD. I want XD to be slim and laser focused on what can be done with our frontend tools (HTML, CSS). I'm not saying remove this specific feature. I'm just concerned that if it keeps up we'll have a beast on our hands like illustrator or photoshop. I like how XD is very specific to the front end designer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your concern! We are definitely dedicated toward having a product that is laser-focused on the needs of UX and UI designers and are very concerned with ensuring that feature bloat doesn’t happen.

That being said, many of our users are doing development for multiple platforms, including native application design, and we heard from our customers that they would like to have stroke position control for design flexibility, as flat assets generally look best when they’re pixel aligned instead of off-pixel, which happens occasionally when you’re center-aligned. We do export well-formed SVG that does, of course, conform to web standards.

I’m closing this request as more a concern with the way we’re approaching the product and not a desire for a specific feature. Thank you for your feedback!

16. XD Potentially good, but it lacks a lot.
    Many tools and functions, many useful already present in Photoshop and illustrator.

Which:
    - CSS copy - (present in Ai Ps)

• Photo mask - (iD Ai Ps)
      Indesign has a very immediate and fast mask system for images.
      At the moment it is present in XD but you have to go to the menu, create a shape etc.
      It is not present in the right tastro.

• Text formatting

• Animations / Interaction
      Animation and interaction system XD is ridiculous. Look at Principle or other similar ones.

• Fast export of PNG or SVG (Ps…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, this is about seven or eight different feature requests, which makes it very difficult to aggregate with others. It makes it very difficult for your feedback to bubble to the top, and we want to make sure you’re heard.

Most of these are already feature requests in our database. I’ve looked up a few for you:

17. I guess if you guys provide the option of gif/photo zoom pan/video compatible options would be good with few animation options like flips and so, i felt XD is very good for the people who want to present the client ideas in better way and presentable. this few requests gets live in software would be more good. and one more major requirement is the tab options as each documents opens up in different window. or else should be a option where in a single document only we can present all three platform compatible option like desktop/mobile/tab.

will be waiting for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you only have one feature request per ticket. However, all of these suggestions are already in the database, just waiting for your upvote.

You can search for the ones in your comment in the features database. Thanks!

-Elaine