Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. Allow user to tag or put animation order on symbols or text to determine which animation comes first and which comes last.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm trying to figure out how to make apps/sites more user friendly for non-tech-savvy folk or first timers to an app/site.

Each object (buttons, pics, arrows, etc..) could have a set of options to get user's attention before they even touch the screen. This would be very useful for drawing their attention to actions they need to take/choose from.

For example,
    ..continuously grow and shrink ("breathe"), move or change between colors
    ..fade in when appear on screen
    ..slide in when appear on screen
    ..spin in on appear
    ...fade, slide or spin in after a few seconds on screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this with timed transitions! Select your entire home artboard in prototype mode, and then select the “Time” transition. Then select your transition type and select your next artboard. For more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-prototypes.html#Usetimedtransitions

Also, CC Evangelist Howard Pinsky has created this resource for you, which will explain how timed transitions work: https://letsxd.com/videos/prototyping

Hope that helps!

4. Having the option to select an object and seeing what type of font or color is being used for that specific object instead of sampling.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Beyond Symbols, there is a need to have reusable Components. Where Symbols are a reusable group of elements, a Component is a reusable group of mini artboards that could be placed into a larger layout.

Having Components:

1) Opens up the possibility of showing on-page interactions without having to duplicate entire artboards of content.

The dream is to have each element only once in an entire project because making a single edit when you have duplicate content is a nightmare. A use case example would be needing to show all the states of a small newsfeed widget with tabs for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! This is in line with what we want to do. All three of these behaviors are actually already captured in UserVoice and are waiting for your upvote!

6. Draw vector art with pen tool on iPhone while I wait on ox? XD or Draw for 2019??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Required Layer effects like inner shadow, Bevel emboss, glow, mode changes like overlay, luminosity etc, image desaturation, brushes, Ruler missiong in Adobe XD

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Transform Tool:

A huge amount of friction can be removed from the conceptual design phase with a transform tool that can scale a group of selected elements and scale all attributes proportionately, including text sizes, line spacing, stroke width etc.

It's very common in early stages of design to have groups of items go back and forth in size, arrangement etc.

We also get many cases where clients add elements later in the process, necessitating resizing of other elements on the screen.

Having to change line spacing, text size, space after paragraph, stroke width on every one individually is a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would be nice, if we can change the font for the whole document. Something like Sketch Typeface.

Check the below link

https://vimeo.com/305601486/a1388ac3a9

(Start Time: 14:07 - End Time: 14:13)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This has happened to me a few times, when a file is shared between two designers, occasionally the font will load differently, even though we have the exact same font. Typically what happens is the line height of the font shows up differently. So if I open the file - everything fits fine in a text box, if she opens the same file with the same font, the 2nd line may is missing.

There was a rare case where if I open the file the line heights are 20 pxs off in the line height field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The possibility to extrude
    Currently, I can add and move more handle points by double-clicking on a shape. I would like to extend this feature to surface extrusion. Attached Video for better understanding.

Example:
    In practice, a column and a horizontal menu will be built.

Current work steps:
    Create 2 objects for the column and for the menu above.

Suggestion for improvement:
    I can drag the area between two touch points. In other words, a third point appears as the center point and over this point I drag the shape in the desired direction. So just like I can edit…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate photoshop features with adobe xd, so that we can incorporate image editing with web designing. Features like blurring the image, cloning tool, stamp tool etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Many of these ideas are already filed as separate requests within the database. Please do upvote those or file specific tools you’d like to see us have!

By the way, we already have object blur to blur an image.

14. Please make this possible. Copy image by selected area. As in photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The selection will "auto-select" a shape when I hover over it, however I want to select elements within that shape and not the containing shape as well.

Use the "shift" key or equivalent to only select elements are completely within the selection area and not items below the mouse cursor, when I start the selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Identical to the functionality of Adobe Illustrator (i.e. learned behavior,) allow users to select an object and use the keyboard shortcut Cmd/Ctrl + D to duplicate that object after initial copy & paste (or Alt + Drag.)

Your Repeat Grid functionality is handy if I already know the exact dimensions & gutters I need, but when I don't have that info it's actually faster and more efficient to use Cmd/Ctrl + D to duplicate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Is XD going to keep getting keyboard shortcuts to increase efficiency when designing? I have photoshop shortcuts memorized so I'm much faster in Photoshop than I am in XD because most things have to be done with the mouse right now. It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to open the window to change colors of objects and text, keyboard shortcuts like photoshop has to change leading and kerning for text, etc. Anything that can be done to minimize having to go to the right sidebar every time for changes. I didn't see any way to scrub through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We’re looking at keyboard shortcuts where they make sense. You can already use the same leading and kerning shortcuts from Photoshop. If you have specific keyboard shortcuts you’d like to see, please do file them as separate tickets so that we can better combine them with similar suggestions!

18. Dear Adobe
    Why on earth are you not putting more energy into making Adobe XD useful enough to warrant using?
    No Swipe animation creation?
    No Web URL linking
    No Video embed?
    It’s like da moment?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’ve been working on growing XD’s prototyping capabilities, and I think you’ll see some vast improvements in the upcoming months. More specifically about this database, it’s best if you file an individual ticket per idea so that we can better aggregate with other people’s ideas.

In this case, all of your ideas are already in the database and are just waiting for your upvote:

19. The line editing function suggests to increase the midpoint capture, otherwise it is too inconvenient, which may become an important reason for me to go to InVision.
    [线条编辑功能建议增加中点捕捉,否则太不方便了,这可能变成我投奔invion的重要原因]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

由于我们已经三个月没有看到对我们问题的回答了,因此我将其标记为无效。 如果您仍然想要此功能,请随时再次提交!

此消息已被机器翻译。

As we haven’t seen a response to our question in three months, I’m marking it as inactive. Please do feel free to file it again if you still want this feature!

Thanks,

-Elaine

20. We are still using Fireworks as a great tool for layouting for web and digital projects and it's powerful and fast tools for editing bitmaps is something that will make XD stand out from the competitors.
    We know that is a design and prototyping tool but in many phases of our UX and UI design we need some basic bitmap editing activities (we know that Photoshop can do that but the spped and intuitive interface of Fireworks is something that any other Adobe tools does not have).
    It would be great that improvement would be integrated into XD.

Best from…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fireworks had a lot of features! We prefer if feature requests are filed more individually, to keep the list tidy and so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in.

Please upvote these existing items if they’re of interest, or file new items for specific other image-editing features you’d like to see in XD: