Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Currently, holding down the alt key (Windows) shows measurements between objects much like how Sketch works. The problem though is that I can't hold both the alt key down and move an object at the same time. I typically used to like to measure distances while moving objects in Sketch, but I don't see this possibility in XD. Right now I have to measure with the alt hotkey and then move, stop, remeasure etc. I'd enjoy being able to both at the same time like Sketch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Because InDesign is such a powerful layout tool, it's textframe options are very helpful in typography (rightclick textframe > textframe options). It allows you to adjust padding inside of the text frame by the unit as well as vertical alignement.

I know there are other requests for these items separately but I believe XD is capable of having text frames similar to that of InDesign and these would belong together.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If you do Paste Appearance on an image it will paste everything including the bitmap data of the original, which is not useful (there's duplciate/copy function for that). I would like to paste specific attribute such as Shadow and nothign else.

Copy and paste appearance attribute e.g. Shadow

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the same sorting functionality to the CC Library panel in XD that is available in Illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. if you change a simple text or colour XD file created as separate New XD File, thus when if edit 300mb - 1gb file then we have to upload full size file to creative cloud if change a simple text change or colour change saved file created as a file which should be uploaded as full size file so if can achieve this only changes can uploaded instead of Full File.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have read that this is not been considered as a bug.

But I think it could be helpful that if we only have selected the border attribute, this could be taken as the color to fill when clicking a global color.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve edited this slightly to reflect your feedback. As you probably know, this is currently working as designed. To apply the color to the border, you can right click the color swatch in the assets panel and select “Apply as Border.”

7. Custom title styles and symbols, display how many been used, locate elements where symbols /styles used

Custom-title styles and symbols displaying how many instances of a style or a symbol been used e.g. Component Title (23).

Ability to locate elements where the symbols are used or styles been applied to similarly to how InDesign and Illustrator do with Linked/Embedded images.

Ability to select/delete unused styles or symbols (organizational clean up) will help to design process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!

I’ve changed this to focus on how many instances of a style or a symbol has been used. You can focus on what objects are using a particular style by right-clicking on the symbol or style and selecting “Highlight on Canvas.”

As for your last suggestion, you should upvote this story to support it: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/18939286

Finally, just in general, UserVoice works best when you file your ideas in separate tickets so that we can better aggregate your feedback with other people in the community.

8. Allow user to paste images (most likely icons) inline with text. This feature is in Indesign and comes in handy. Especially when you have design patterns such as the the attached.

If you wanted to take it further, support inline images/text boxes in the repeat grid allowing a repeat grid.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatically adding color and styles to Assets by 1 click
    It requires manually selecting the objects to add colors and character styles assets, but why it has to be manually selecting object? (performance concern?)
    It could be done in an automatic way from the whole document level, by having a update button to while having a function to opt-out from a object by object basis. And this integrates the Color used in a design with the swatch library.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I just created the first artboard of a series. I select it, then drag a copy of it over to the right and drop the new copy. Let's say the name is "List" on the first artboard. The new copy is set to "List - 1". When you have an original copy, that original copy is the #1. So, the second copy should be "List - 2", not "List - 1".

Also, I'd like to remove the hyphen. In fact, if we could just set how the incrementation works as a preference, that would be best.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I manage a widget library with renderings of various components. For example, as a means of organizing tab bars (as they appear in conjunction with different components) I have the renderings of those rendered together on a single page. What I would like to do is allow the user to click a word an jump them to the particular artboard where the component that they appear with is referenced. Bear in mind, my document is very large and it is difficult to move between artboards in design mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Locked objects can’t be copied (alone or in a selection of objects). This makes it hard to reliably work with more complex selections.

Allow copying locked objects and their properties.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Switch on and off grid with W key like in InDesign

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Translation]

Once you've picked the text, I'd like you to preview the text in the text list like an illustrator. If you do not actually apply it, will you change the selected character to change the shape of the preview by placing the cursor on the text in the text list?

And the rotation of the figure was inconvenient. If you put your mouse on the corner of the shape like the illustration, you can rotate it with the round shape. I was uncomfortable to have to enter the angle of rotation separately.

일단 텍스트를 고를때 일러스트 레이터 처럼 텍스트…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To access the color palette today, you need to click on the 'Fill' or ' Border' button. The color palette appears as a fly-out color menu. Please remove that. Instead, place it inside the right column under 'Fill' or 'Border' depending on what you choose. Why? 1. It's annoying. 2. It requires extra clicking to access 'Fill' or 'Border'. And that's less great ux. 3. It will take less screen real estate. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I need color in 8-digit hex code (with transparency). And the color code should be displayed in Design Specs too. And it would be great if first two digits of alpha channel to stay a bit apart visually for easy perception, but not be divided with space to correctly copy/pasted

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The bounding box disappears when resizing multiple objects together. It would be helpful if it would stay visible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi all,

I am still waiting to see if we can have a global colour palette for XD?
    I am finding its very odd that you don't have access to a palette until you have pre-defined one. Its such a time waster.

In photoshop and illustrater (and sketch) you where able to play around with global colours to see what was working for a new product for example. Now its almost like you need to have a set colour palette in mind before you start.

It would be great to either have default global colours or you can create your…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to drag and drop an image into another image to simply replace the image with the same dimensions and size. (feature available in Keynote).

Useful when replacing images/photography that's been tweaked in Photoshop. Otherwise need to import image, resize, and repositioning every time there is an edit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Styles/assets still need a lot of work but one feature I'd like to see added sooner rather than later is the ability to based one style on others like you can in InDesign. Make them better if you can because even ID's "based on" feature can be improved.

Basically what I'd like to see is the ability to set a style (body copy for instance) and make separate styles based on this for perhaps different colors (white on colored box for instance). If I need to change the size, font, and/or style I would do it in my base style…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)