Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I would like to be able to clear all prototype wires similar to how the clear all guides option works in other Adobe products.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. User should be able to use a soft return (shift+return) to break a line of text without adding paragraph spacing .

306 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It's currently possible to round corners on primitive shapes. As soon as additional anchor points are added, or a shape is created from scratch using the pen tool, the ability to round corners is removed.

It would be nice to have this option at all times.

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to right-click to swap Symbols in Design mode
    Or replace selected artwork with an existing Symbol

This request does NOT cover nested-symbol overrides (swapping an inner symbol differently in each copy of an outer symbol). For that, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbol-overrides

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'm hoping this idea is just an add on from the current Scroll action.

At the moment you can create a button etc and link it to a certain area on your artboard. It then automatically scrolls to that area once clicked.

My idea is to have this same feature, but with an option to jump and scroll to a specific area on another artboard.

It will make the user journey so much better when using things like quick links etc

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please allow for images to be exported in "WEBP" formats.

Sketch caters for "WEBP" formats (see attached image) and it would be great if XD was able to (both read and) export to this format too.

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be helpful to be able to copy prototypes (along with any shared comments posted to those prototypes) from one Adobe ID to another. I am leaving one company and moving to another company but need to take my prototypes with me and there is currently no way of doing this. Thanks!

272 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Based on the Android components I would like the export all my layouts with assets. I would to import the xml document into my Android studio and drag the assets into Android studio have most of the front end tools layout everything.

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. What I love from XD is the ability to design and prototype in the same tool without having to install hundreds of plugins and the lightweight that it is. Sometimes have to animate things faster with custom animations and I use these tools (Principle and Flinto) to create them. I've been obligated to recreate my designs into this tools then animate. It should be nice to have a export tool to this tools or others.

271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 271 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Press and hold capability for buttons with the ability to specify the length of the hold.
    Also would be good to allow multiple press and holds of different lengths on the same button that go to independent destinations. Example press and hold button for 2 seconds goes to artboard a. Press and hold same button for 4 seconds goes to artboard b.

267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I really like the feature on InDesign where you can view the baseline grid for text. Since the placement of text on a website depends on where it sits in its own baseline grid, it would be really helpful if there was a way to toggle it on and off.

Having this would make it easier to know where exactly a block of text would be placed if it were say, 30px underneath an image.

It would also really help if I wanted to make a word have a background color, so I could easily figure out how tall that…

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Every single time I make a box or something it adds a border stroke by default. This is so annoying as I don't want a border stroke like 90% of the times. Is this a bug or something? I'm so tired of removing that border stroke!! Please Adobe, make this nightmare go away. If you insist on forcing this upon us as default then at least make a "remember this choice" checkbox or something.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. At the moment a locked object can still be selected, hindering the ability to select an object underneath.

It would be great if locked object would be completely disabled, similar to how an illustrator locked object behaves.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sometimes we have to show a mock-up and simulate mouse cursor states. It would be nice to have a ready-made library available.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It's quite frustrating that every time I use the shape tools, I have to remove the stroke and change the fill.
    Like in ID and AI, it would be useful if the object fill and stroke remembers the previous settings, or a default could be somehow set.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you enter a width for an object, also be able to set the size using a percent.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 257 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Being able to do a full webdesign and logo design in one program is what a lot of people need.

I would have liked to be able to design a logo with text running on a curved path, but seems like I will have to use Fireworks or Illustrator to do that and then bring that into Xd.

What I loved about Fireworks was that you could do everything in one program. Basic image editing, gradient colors, gradient transparency fade and webdesign. No need to open Photoshop or Illustrator.

Keep up the good work guys! Loving Xd so far.

256 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)