Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. ...to demonstrate how an interface interacts with text input. Basically would show how a form might be filled out or how search might work

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be nice to be able to link back to the same artboard, rather than creating a duplicate simply to show the way the logic works in the prototype. Although the Symbols feature does work as a workaround, for data-entry type projects, not having a link back to the current artboard is a problem.

For instance, I have an artboard for an event, and I need to add child, adult and senior retail tickets to the event. Currently I have to have two artboards for retail item data entry so that I can have the logic in place to…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Love the new overlays feature! As an extended feature it would be great if you could choose what should happen to the background when the overlay appears. For example being able to dim the background by choosing a color and opacity.

This would help with darkening the background for modals etc.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello, we sometimes use emojis on our designs for increasing our conv. rates, giving the design a warm feeling at the same time.

But when surfing the prototype, user can not see the emojis, so our prototypes are not exactly what we expect from them.

Keep up the great work with XD

Regards

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As a user who needs to present UX ideas quickly to stakeholders, I would like there to be a way for me to set a default transition setting of my choice at both the file and application level.

I've found myself creating a complicated matrix of targets, only to realize that the last 20 I did (or was it 30?) have the application, default 'slide left' when yesterday, I had everything set up for my 0.1 second dissolve without an ease out.

ALT:

If not a preference setting, the ability to apply a transition globally to all targets.

Thanks everyone.…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Eg: When you have a friends list inside a game screen, in a prototype, I need to be able scroll in a clipped mask of a container, which is currently possible in Principle, which makes a group scrollable vertically or horizontally. I'm looking for the equivalent of the same here.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently testing a feature like this as part of the private prerelease program, and expect to deliver this as part of the next product update. Please join the private prerlease to learn more, or stay tuned!

7. Component states should behave like component copy instances. This includes interactions to be copied to all child states. This is essential, for example, for a menu component in which each state is the active status of each menu item. But when I create new state it loses all interactions. Maintaining 5 states with 5 menu items becomes tedious.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Being able to select the color for the connectors not only makes it easier for me to understand the interactions better at a glance but when I share the wireframes with developers it gives more clarity to the progression of interactions.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please give users the option of scaling the prototype to browser width instead of just a straight - "view actual size" fullscreen option. It makes prototyping useless if we can't fit the prototype to the browser window.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Right now, when you enter Desktop Preview, the cursor is the typical white circle that is supposed to represent a finger. This is great when your project is a mobile app or website. But your project is a desktop app or website, it begs to have a normal black arrow for a cursor--and the Mickey Mouse gloved hand when hovering over clickable things--for recording videos and even just testing it out on your own. It's cumbersome and distracting to have a giant circle cursor for desktop experiences.

When you create a new project, XD already asks what type of project…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently, a nested components cannot trigger a component state. You would have to ungroup it, so that it is no longer a component in order to be able to target a component state.

eg. I have a card component which has multiple states. Inside the default state, I have a button (which is a component). When I select to Tap that button component, I do not have the option to target the other states of that component. It only displays artboards as potential targets.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great to be able to sort and maybe group artboards. I think it would make it easier to select the target artboard in prototyping mode if you were able to sort them, alphabetically or even group multiple artboards so that you wouldn't need to scroll through a long list of artboards just to find the one you would like to target. It would be really usefully especially when your XD project contains 60 or even 100 artboards. Imagine scrolling through a list of 100 artboards that isn't sorted?

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When working on large projects it becomes hard to drag prototype links when you have 80 plus pages.

It would be great to be able to link from one xd item to another in a separate prototype file. So you can break large files into usable chunks. maybe have tabs within the artboard.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great to have pre-defined animations in different design languages like material design so when we are previewing the prototype we can also preview the actual animations that will happen for lets say button. it would be great to enable people to develop such animations and share it with others so they can download a "Material Design Animation Kit", further, develop/modify it or just start using it to bring their design to life.
    this will obviously help with more satisfied customers, and developers where they have a common animation design language both beautiful and technologically implementable and standard.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Instead of having a fixed set of delayed times for a time trigger allow a designer to enter any time value in seconds.

The maximum trigger time of 1 second is not sufficient and as the feature currently exists it is unnecessarily limited.

If a maximum time must me added (I'm not sure that it does) it could be 60 seconds for more flexibility.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve updated the title to reflect your request. Please note that the current maximum is actually 5s, and you can type the number directly into the interaction popup.

16. In the Beta vesion of XD there used to be a feature to add an icon (client logo etc.) to the Prototypes, so if you saved it to your homescreen (iOS) the icon would act as the favicon/home screen icon. This seems to have been dissabled in the official release, can we have it back as it was very useful. Ironically my old prototypes still have the icon in them and I no longer have any way of updating/removing them

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like if I could overlay multiple artboards on one artboard. for example. on the prototype I'm working on, tapping on the search icon is suppose to overlay a search text box, which is one artboard and is to slide left at the top. but I would also wish to overlay another artboard for the keyboard which is to side up from the bottom.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When in Prototype Mode, I need a way to quickly move between multiple screens.

A set of keystrokes that I assigned as short cuts to go to a screen:
    - CTRL + 1 = Home Page
    - CTRL + 2 = Sign Up
    etc

This same model can then be used to jump between screens in the Preview mode.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. FINALLY there's a hover state on components! GREAT!

However I quickly ran into a limitation. When the user touches a button or clicks it with the mouse/trackpad, the button needs an "on tap" or "on click" state that very briefly changes a button's appearance to give the visual feedback "your click or touch was detected".

So now that you have HOVER please add ON CLICK/TAP ort whatever you want to cal it.

Basically the component state changes for a definable amount of time before the destination or next state is triggered.

While you're at it, how's about looking at some…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There needs to be an option, on Prototype mode, to "tile" background images.

For example: this Adobe XD web page has a background image (or DIV) that repeats on the x-axis no matter how wide the browser window is (dark gray, horizontal top-bar).

That feature would make the prototypes look as cloase as possible to what a web page would actually look in the wild.

Thank you!

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)