Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Would be nice to be able to change images of repeat grid items. At the moment if I drag & drop on a repeat grid item, all instances will change …

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Here’s how it works currently:

• If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid where all grid cells show the same image, the image will change in all the grid cells.
    • If you drag multiple images onto a Repeat Grid, you will set up a repeating sequence of different images. For example, if I drag in 5 images at the same time, the first 5 grid cells will show different images and then the pattern will repeat (e.g. every 5th grid cell will show the same image).
    • If you drag a single image onto a Repeat Grid that already has a repeating sequence of images, you’ll replace all copies of the image you dropped onto. For example, if you had a sequence of 5 images repeated 3 times (15 total grid cells), and then you drop a single image onto one grid cell, you’ll see 3 copies of that…
  2. I need direct selection tool to adjust groups this way:
    1. I created rectangle and placed icon inside with 10px offset from right side.
    2. Grouping rectangle with icon.
    3. Now I want to resize this group and save 10px offset, but this offset changes proportionally.

I can easily do this in Ai using Direct Selection tool. So, add Direct Selection tool, please.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can direct select elements by holding CMD when clicking on items that are part of groups. Marquee selecting anchor points is landing very soon, so that you could select parts of your rectangle. Do you expect a different behavior? Did I understand your request right? Thanks for your feedback.

3. Border (stroke) on text should have inside, outside, center options just like for path. the current implementation (Inside only) is pretty much useless for smaller point size text. Thanks.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Preserve animations with export to After Effects.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My idea is to have a real looking or clay mockup like device frame when viewing prototypes like Invision studio is planning to do!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to be able to hide the window frame on the Preview window, e.g. when I design for Windows on Windows I would like to be able to view artboards as if they're a window in the OS.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Exporting fancy animated interactions as Swift Code, Objective-C, Java, Etc... To help out the developers

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide accessibility to export style guides so that it can be used by developers to design it.
    For Ex: If a project contains 10 variations of text and a color palette, allowing to export those values would be of great help to develop the designs made.

I am attaching a sample image for the idea I am trying to project.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Supporting additional Web Available Opentype variants is very helpful. We do a lot of work on Video Players which have countdowns and having wiggly UI is no good so we use Tabular numbers. All of my protos in XD have full size numbers now, so things aren't matching and clients aren't loving that.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Color code or tag artboards with final, needs review, in progress, approved

Ease the way internal reviews are done so its easier to share files inside the team and be clear the state of each artboard without having to add all kinds of notes and shapes on the paste board.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Description:
    I am missing a freehand shape tool that allows me drawing sketches directly in XD (Like a pen on paper).
    A freehand vector pencil tool like the one in illustrator would be perfect.

Value:
    Currently I am drawing my sketches in Illustrator, copying them later into XD. Would be nice working without this workaround.

Thank you.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great to include page numbers on the actual artboards similar to indesign for presentation purposes.

Clients often get lost due to screen share lag, so having the page number available would greatly help.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. after generating a link for the client to see, sometimes there are 100 screens in the link. the client wants to discuss a specific screen which could be no. 56. It takes a lot of time to navigate to that screen. Pressing the right arrow 56 times!!!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m keeping this one open, but a quick way for your client to share exactly what screen they want to talk about is to send you the URL they have in their browser when they’re looking at the prototype. Because we have deep linking, the URL will bring you right to that artboard.

15. Just like most adobe tools, it's possible to customize your work space, would be great to have that in XD.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It's possible to reset the state of subcomponents to the status of the master component. Somethimes Iam editing subcomponents in a way that I like the design of them more and I want to adapt all other components accordingly. For this I have to do all changes for the master component again. I would like to have the option to create a new master component from a subcomponent or reset the master component to the state of a subcomponent.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great for the user to be able to choose how they want to view their layers—like sketch or like current XD. Let the user decided which works best for them. I like seeing everything, not just the artboard I am on.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Our DevOps teams use Azure DevOps can we have an integration for linking prototypes to Work Items in ADO?

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Maze.Design is an extraordinary user testing tool that is personally my go to tool for usability testing.

Maze is amazingly simple and intuitive to import designs and create a user test, and track a users session, it provides details such as heat-maps, screen time, device details etc.

It currently has integrations with InVision, Sketch and Marvel. It would be AMAZING to get AdobeXD in on that list.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started working on showing all artboards present in a Design specs link as thumbnails which will be the New page overview. We will also show which artboards have comments in it against corresponding artboard thumbnail that is shown in that page overview.