Request details

Repeat Grid overrides / inheritance (some styles differ in an item, rest still sync with other list items)

It will be great if repeat grid work in way like this:

I want to show how recommended item will look like. I'm double-clicked wished element title and turn off "Fill" checkbox in "Inherit" panel. Now I can change color only for this title, but if I will change font-size, for example, all titles will change it, because "font-size" checkbox is active. If I click "Fill" again, my title will be back to gray.

All checkbox is active by default — so behavior will be just like now and it will take full control and understanding what and when happens.

233 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mikhail Nikipelov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rafael Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it's missing this. I end up not using repeat grid because I have to manually make these overrides.
        These proprieties and layer visibility overrides are a must in repeat grids and symbols, at least for me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Repeat grid has so much potential and yet it undelivers time and time again because it's simply missing some usability upgrades. Come on Adobe, help us out here!

• Sander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is extremely annoying when you have a couple of items out of the ordinary and you suddenly can't use a repeat grid anymore because everything changes with it.

• Farshad Sadri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's an absolute necessity. Currently I just put items I'd like to look different outside grid. I also think the opacity of an object should be editable in just one instance.

• Omar Chelbat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be awesome if shadows extended outside of the grid.

If you have boxes with shadows, then the grid cuts off the shadow.

• Refe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One quick workaround is to create the grid, then ungroup it when you need to edit individual elements. This means it can no longer be treated as a repeating grid, but if you get it how you want it first it's better than nothing.

• Refe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have run into this issue while creating a seat map. Creating a repeating grid for big sections of seats would be enormously helpful—except that I now can't style 'available,' and 'reserved' seats differently.

For now I'm sticking with copy and paste, but I would greatly appreciate the ability to do this with a repeat grid.

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to at least be able to change text color within a repeating grid without affecting every other row.

• Jaufrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with that. I was having the same thoughts... Repeat grids would be so much more usefull and powerfull with something like that.

• owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ability to adjust the sizing of each image in a repeat grid without effecting the others

currently using mask with shape for the images but still can't resize independently like changing the text content

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to change one element of repeat grid without ungrouping the grid.

It's helpful, because often I need to show the front-end developer, how element would be with hover or focus on it.

Today i have to ungroup all the grid, which is not comfortable.

I notice, that if you edit one element, and then undo the operation several times, you edit only that one element. But this works with color of text only.

Please, give that opportunity to show the focus and hover effects without ungrouping the grid.

From Russia with Love.

• Seigo Kanazawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

リピートグリッドの時個々のフォントサイズを個別に変えれるようにしてください
        リピートグリッドを使った際にこの箇所だけ文字を大きくしたいという時に文字の大きさを変えると他の文字も一緒に大きくなってしまいます。位置に関しても1箇所だけ変えたりできるようにお願いします。

リピートグリッドを使った時に一箇所だけ矩形を追加したり、一箇所だけ画像やアイコンを追加できるようにお願いします。

リピートグリッド自体のアイデアは抜群です!

Translated:
        If you want to enlarge the character only in this part when using the repeat grid, if you change the size of the letter, other letters will grow together. Please also be able to change only one place regarding position.

When using the repeat grid, please add only one rectangle, or allow you to add images and icons in only one place.

The idea of the repeat grid itself is outstanding!

• Quint commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For every item in a repeat grid, allow a toggle (probably by the grid itself) that allows you to edit an item without editing all items- for example, if I wanted to change the color of just one item in a grid of groups, allow me to toggle off the fact that if I change one, it will change all the others. New items will default to what the original item was. If you turn it off for that element, it will default to the one you have selected.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base