Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nested Symbol Overrides: swap inner symbol in different copies of outer symbol

So I started playing with Symbols Override for the June Update, but I feel this feature is still a little limited to what we can do.

Like I want to create a master nav bar with active and default states. But the override doesn't allow me to have that flexibility.

Same thing applies to a tab bar for iOS apps.

Right now I feels this Symbols Override feature only works for Buttons when you want to keep the same button styling but have different text. Or maybe cards with bitmap images, but not in a repeated grid list view format.

265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize Keyboard Shortcuts

I know that your design team probably had some rationale when defining shortcut keys for actions. For example, Z does not bring up the zoom tool, A is used for artboard creation instead of direct selection, etc. On the And that's fine - you can't design for the convenience of every user. But it'll be super duper awesome if you can let us define our own shortcuts... and sooner rather than later please.

263 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  46 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export to InVision with assets to support "Motion" and prototyping (like Craft)

I would like Adobe XD to be able to export/sync to InVision to support "Motion".

"Motion" is a closed beta at Invision that supports micro animations/interactions – similar functionality to what thirdparty apps/services like Atomic, Marvel and Flinto has to offer.

By enabling Adobe XD to export its assets to Invision in such a way that "Motion" inside InVision can be applied to the XD wireframes/prototypes/designs inside InVision.

Preferably XD export to InVision should support sync, perhaps via Dropbox.

PS. For the long run XD could add "Motion" functionality inside XD and thus reverse sync the motions from Invision "Motion"…

247 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Parallax and other effects while scrolling

Add parallax and other effects for masked areas

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Built-in Library of Wireframe Elements, for generic web / mobile design

To be able to use XD as a useful tool for content architecting/wireframing (before design, before prototype) - a library of generic common web and mobile web elements would be very useful (in an easily accessible panel - NOT by copying and pasting from a template file).

For example:
    - Image/Logo (resizable) placeholder
    - Horizontal and Vertical Nav placeholder
    - Icon library (like hamburger, search, map point, etc)
    - Text block (resizable) placeholder
    - Scrollbar (horizontal, vertical) placeholder

etc

Think Balsamiq, or OmniGraffle wireframe tools for example.

242 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple pages (separate sets of artboards)

Sometimes, for 1 design project we need to make several options and to do so currently we need to create new files every time and name them with versions. So I think it would be really cool if we can create multiple designs within the same file and then be able to have multiple prototype links also based on different options, that would organize stuff and make it much easier.
    Thanks!

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Expand Stroke / Create Outlines (convert stroke to separate filled path)

In Illustrator, I can draw an object and then use Expand to convert the strokes to a fill.

I would like to be able to do this in XD

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Annotations in design mode

As explained the title, the ability for designers to add notes whilst working, to art boards, to remember ideas, note down comments from users/team members etc

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tabbed design view for multiple files

Similar to Photoshop or Illustrator (See attached file), it would be valuable to allow for multiple files to be opened and arranged in the design pane using tabs. This would give users a quick way to switch between their projects and will provide a much better workflow in general.

This is a must for me!

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  55 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Simpler way to Crop Photos

There should really be a tool to crop photos by selection (maybe by double clicking on it and using the control points) but it took me a while just to figure out that i have to mask by shape just to crop a photo.

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve begun working on an easier way to crop your images without using an image mask and will be releasing this in an upcoming release!

Hoyle
    Product Manager, Adobe XD

12. Find Font (globally replace one font with another)

Include a "find font" panel like in Adobe Illustrator to globally replace one font with another. Even with the symbol/assets panel this is hard for documents that you did not architect and may require a lot of extra work (i.e. the iOS UI kits in a windows environment where San Francisco font has to be downloaded from third party sources and converted manually to .ttf)

215 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. InDesign integration

Would like XD to work with InDesign in much the same manner that AI and PSD files do. This might be more of a feature request for InDesign however I imagine they both play a role in working together.

Ultimately, in order for a design to be implemented correctly, we need to provide a detailed UI specification for engineering. This specification is often worked on by interaction and visual designers which is part of what makes InDesign an ideal solution for us.

The prototyping functionality is great for communicating how a design could work, but we still need an accompanying…

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  36 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adjust line spacing between individual lines in area text

Currently if I want to change the leading between sentences in a text box, the change effects the entire text box. I would like to have the same functionality as Ai,Id, etc; by having the ability to change leading for individual sentences or to be able to separate a new paragraph from the last.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Record screen & clicks while using shared prototype online (user testing)

well it doesn't make sense why you can only record the video when someone is on your computer trying out the prototype, and just thinking you should be able to record how someone is using it when they are overseas

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  16 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shared XD libraries

Need to share Adobe XD assets library to other CC users. Not only Illustrator CC libraries, but XD colors/fonts/symbols lybraries. It's a must!

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PDF Export - compression options to reduce file size

Exported PDF are too big. Please add compression options like InDesign.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export files to flinto and Principle

What I love from XD is the ability to design and prototype in the same tool without having to install hundreds of plugins and the lightweight that it is. Sometimes have to animate things faster with custom animations and I use these tools (Principle and Flinto) to create them. I've been obligated to recreate my designs into this tools then animate. It should be nice to have a export tool to this tools or others.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Swap symbols / replace with symbol

Ability to right-click to swap Symbols in Design mode
    Or replace selected artwork with an existing Symbol

------------
    This request does NOT cover nested-symbol overrides (swapping an inner symbol differently in each copy of an outer symbol). For that, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/19592509-nested-symbol-overrides

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Multiple fills, borders, and shadows

Add multiple fills, borders and shadows on top of each other

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  21 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base