Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1,056 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  109 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Static / Fixed objects between transitions

When I swipe between screens I do not want the header and footer bar to slide with the transition, just the content area. Please create a function for this

1,002 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  23 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Version Control - store history/timeline of revisions

It would be nice if there was a way to have multiple versions of a design living in one document. Right now we'll have a v1 wireframe and will be reviewing features for v2. I typically lock that version and then create a new file called v2 and start making changes. Would be nice if they could be linked somehow verses multiple file versions.

896 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 864 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

242 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Button tool - style text box with border, background color, padding (auto resized when text changes)

To speed workflow it would be good to have button tool in the sidebar. In the property inspector you'd have the ability to specify the top,bottom, left and right padding. the width of button would dynamically resize as you type the button's label.

854 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  72 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Saving color palettes - shared across documents or users

I want to have a consistent set of swatches, with the ability to import saved palettes or to share/export a palettes. It would be nice to have access to multiple palettes as well

802 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  23 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Blend Modes

It would be awesome to have blending modes in the sidebar.

788 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  114 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export from XD to Sketch

Using XD currently, were other members in team are using sketch.
    Not able to deliver required (sketch) file format to front end developers.

Frond end devs are using only sketch to read, since majority are using it.

Option to "export to sketch" would solve the file deliverable problem.

731 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

169 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text: Bullet points

I'd like to have bullet point support in my area text.

722 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Interactive Prototyping for User Testing

I use JustInMind to prototype Web and Mobile apps that I then user-test. The JIM application is less than optimal, but to attract a broader Human Factors / Usability / Design audience you're going to need a lot more than "scrolling."

Interactive elements such as text fields, check boxes, drop-downs, etc. that can all be connected, responding to user inputs as needed, in a manner that replicates a real application in its native environment is what is needed.

I look forward to that day, as your design tools and simple, visual linking paradigm are certainly winners.

716 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  26 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Interactive form elements

Ability to create interactive relationships, like radio inputs, if you select one it deselects the other. Selecting different options can change the outcome when the user hits 'Submit' etc

706 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  58 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fonts preview

When you choose font for text, would be good to have some preview about how it'll look.

669 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  19 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use CSS properties / classes to specify object appearance

Add unique CSS properties to object properties.
    Things like Margins, Padding and un-even borders are not common for design apps, but it would be great to define them per object in XD, honor them in the design mode, and export them as part of the object css,

666 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  30 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copy CSS attributes

As Sketch already do... Possibility to copy css attributes by right clic (like gradient attributes,...) and paste it into a code editor.

629 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re actively working on this. Stay tuned for more updates.

If you’d like to contribute to our thinking and help shape this feature, please write to me at hnarayan(at)adobe(dot)com

15. Full justification for area text

Make the editable text area's fully justifiable to mirror publication materials.

629 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 608 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

200 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use webfonts without manually installing font locally

I would like to use icon libraries (web fonts) without to install them as fonts in my system. For that it would be great to have the option to use all icons of a downloaded "woff-file" i.e. from the following sites and embed them into the xd project:

materialdesignicons.com
    flaticon.com
    Google Web Fonts
    FontAwesome

581 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Extract / Export CSS for development feature

Nothing more complected simply add Extract css from design as given in illustrator its very important other wise now day's it's simple to design in XD and very difficult to Develop application from xd assets because of no css export option in it, Please include this.

581 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  09: Design Specs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re actively working on this. Stay tuned for more updates.

If you’d like to contribute to our thinking and help shape this feature, please write to me at hnarayan(at)adobe(dot)com

19. More default animations and easings

It would be great with a few more features/interactive animations when you link the pages. More easing options. I guess what I'm saying I would like to have more animations and effects based on what we have on websites and apps to this date.

transition presets

578 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-started  ·  12 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export to Photoshop / PSD format

this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

573 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base