Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

449 results found

1. I am using Adobe Xd on Windows OS.

I changed Photoshop to Adobe XD and it is very inconvenient because there is no dividing line and ruler function.

I also want to show the size in real time when creating the object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Currently I'm only able to select colors based on HSL and Hex #.
    • Ability to use RGB color sliders.
    • Ability to see swatches as more than just a thumbnail if needed (ie: Small List, as this would be helpful when you have many color of similar hue).
    • Ability to import/save swatches.
    • Ability to edit a saved color/swatch.
    • Global Swatches (So if I need to edit a specific global swatch, all elements on the canvas will be updated).
    • Adobe Color Themes implementation (ie: Adobe Kuler)

(Currently using Windows Beta Version: 0.6.8.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A number of existing stories are encapsulated in this request. Please do upvote the individual stories, as it helps us to prioritize specific features.

Saving color palettes: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14225049
    RGB: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14684583
    Global Style/Color Edits: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869085
    Adobe Color CC integration: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12941622

Thanks!

-Elaine

3. Currently the type editing features in XD are bare-bones. InDesign has possibly the best type editing in any layout program. It would be great if XD can implement and borrow some of InDesign's type editing features:

• Text Frame inset (This can be considered padding)
    • Vertical Alignment within a text frame
    • Superscript & Subscript?
    • Baseline Shift?
    • Underline
    • Ability to turn paragraph text into point text, and vice versa. (This is more like Photoshop)
    • Ability to use more than one color in a text frame
    • Ability to use more than one type size in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of these ideas are already in our database, so it would really help if you could upvote those individual features.

Color, type, and styles editing within the text box will come in a future release of XD for Windows, as we’re not quite at parity yet with the Mac client.

Thanks,

-Elaine

4. "Photoshop Live Effects" for objects like inner shadow, gradients, glow,...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We already have a number of effects that have been requested, and it would help us to upvote specific effects to help define which effects are the most useful to you in your design workflow. Here are some of the most common ones, and feel free to file the others:

Thanks,

-Elaine

5. Have any ability to add rectangular tool and info tool like photoshop it's very helpful tools for web design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Repeat Grids are amazing.

However, I've found multiple occasions where I want to change a style in one element of a group but don't want this to effect all of my repeated groups.

It may be that this element I want to change is a link for one particular group but it shouldn't be a link in another. So far, I've did a bit of a workaround by copying the element from the group, clicking out of the repeated grid and then pasting in place and changing the style to the element which now sits on top of the repeat…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If so please use the one that keeps the recently opened files on the right-hand side. That way you save me the extra work of going to the top nav and accessing a fly out menu to choose my file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. On IOS device. I can't using a UI kits on iPhone or iPad when I'm on the way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Games are generating many times more money on iOS/Android then any other type of apps. Why ignore such a huge industry?
    Today we clearly can see shift to midcore/hardcore mobile games like MMO Real Time Strategy.
    This genre means user is forced to operate with a very complex system whith very high cognitive load.
    This games age very heavy on UI. Basically 90% of such games is UI.
    For example our upcoming sci-fi title consists of 162 unique screens with many states.
    We need a tool which will ease the process of prototyping/designing/iterating/approving the screens using our existing UIKit (a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When presenting a bigger project with many pages, I had trouble to show them the pages when presenting it online. I think the arrows are a great way to go through page 1 until page x. But when the order is random it does not make any sense to use it, so I used the local XD-file with the stage.

I suggest to take the order for the page by using the position of the upper left corner of a page. I am open to any other possibility that gives me the possibility to control the order of the pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can adobe XD provide feature to export XML file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s been three months since we last asked a question about what type of XML you’re looking for, and what information you’re hoping will be in the XML. I’m closing this story, so please re-file the story with that information!

Thanks,

-Elaine

12. Since I am use to working in InDesign it kinda annoys me that I havn't got the same opportunities to shaping my text in different styles (not talking about font) as it it's possible in InDesign. Would be awesome if more of the general features from InDesign were implemented for instant am I at the mount trying to figurer out if it is possible to make some kind of hyperlink. (Beside that really awesome program you guys are making her differently gonna use it in the feature :D )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! If you’re interested in text styles, we do have specific text style features that we’re tracking separately, so I’d encourage you to search for those specifically (for instance, underline text or superscript) and upvote on those.

Regarding hyperlink, you can use Share to get a link to your shared prototype. https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/share-designs-and-prototypes.html

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

13. When working wth any item, there is a scale/rotate/selection box around them. However, when zoomed out, and especially on small objects, you end up scaling/rotating, instead of selecting/moving the item.

It would be nice to have the scale/rotate options automatically turn off, when you are "zoomed out X amount." That is, you are probably moving the item around the screen or looking at things, etc, and not trying to scale/rotate that object, especially the small objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As in the design of materials Google, if you could play with the depth of the elements in the interface that is designing the final design be achieved much more consistent and scalable. Utilziar could also be a layer system, the best Photoshop style to keep adding layers and replace them quickly to try different concepts without having to create an entirely new view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As it’s been three months since we’ve requested more information (and we’ve released layers since then), marking this as action required. Please do file this issue again if you think we still need to do this.

Thanks!

-Elaine

15. Bravo pour ce super soft ;) Il ne manque pas grand chose pour qu'il soit top. En particulier 2 choses font cruellement défaut : les grilles de composition ("disposition des repères" dans photoshop) et un outil texte plus riche (mettre la police en capitale, des marges dans les blocs, ...).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! I think both topics you’ve mentioned here are covered by other feature requests already. Please add your vote to these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

16. Love the new XD, some ideas below that have come to mind.

• Export mock styleguides for Devs to follow (or not follow). Could be similar to InDesign packaging export

• Built in colour contrast analyser

• Screen reflowing like Edge Reflow, so the designs don’t adhere to device sizes.

• More shape options

• Smart fields auto complete for text etc

• Paragraph styling like InDesign for fast text application (make this global across all art boards)

• Link to a pattern library and Adobe Kular

• Able to annotate and add notes to prototypes

• XD can export good clean CSS/HTML

Cheers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Many of the ideas you’ve mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

I’m closing this out…

17. Import of transparent PNG or psd layers. Would be great to use these as imports or even linked assets.

Also simple annimations such as slide in etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already import PNG images with transparency (alpha channel) by dragging & dropping the PNG files onto your Adobe XD window, or by choosing File > Import. You can also bring individual Photoshop layers into XD by copying them in Photoshop and pasting in XD. Are you having trouble getting this to work? If so, please let us know the details.

Linking to external objects is not yet possible — if you add an image to your XD project, it will always be embedded in your .xd file. If you’d like to be able to keep image assets separate (linked), please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869109-linked-objects

Simple slide-in animations are already possible — for details check out this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/how-to/ui-prototyping.html. For more complex animations, please upvote https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12869229-animation-support-microinteractions

I’m closing this feature request since it is a combination of things that should already be possible and things that have already been suggested…

18. ・widthやheightに計算式を入力できるようにしてほしいです。(例:320-16)
    ・テキストボックスをつくれるようにしてほしいです。
    ・Sketchのsymbol機能がほしいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I use vertical rhythm in all my UI design. for more info on what that is see http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/improving-layout-with-vertical-rhythm--webdesign-14070

including some functionality to apply vertical rhythm would be great. This could be just guides, but would be great if there was something smarter.

For example... i make sure all my padding, margins and line heights are a multiple of 28px to retain vertical rhythm in my designs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Like Xd to the Flinto app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)