Request details

Fixed elements should always be in front

First, thanks for the great new feature of fixed elements / sticky objects. It's wonderful, and simple.

I found that they're very easy to setup, but a pain to maintain. Once you add any other objects to a page with a fixed element, your new object is on top in z-order. So every single time you add an object, you have to remember to bring your fixed elements to the front again. If you forget to do this, your fixed elements will end up being covered up by the new one. Since your new objects may be way below the scroll area, you won't notice this overlap until you test the prototype, so it could go undetected while designing.

This would be less of an issue if we had master pages or could create reusable navigational pieces that could maintain their z-order across multiple artboards. But as it is, when I have over a hundred artboards, and my nav bar is repeated on every one, it becomes a maintenance nightmare to always make sure the headers, footers, and FAB buttons are in front. And it looks buggy and embarrassing when they start flashing around in presentations.

89 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MaMaLy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)