4 votesbug-needs-more-info · 1 comment · Adobe XD: Bugs » Prototype · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
2 votesbug-needs-more-info · 7 comments · Adobe XD: Bugs » Functional · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
526 votesfeature-started · 112 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 01 : Design mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Surely this can be closed now?
Anybody listening at Adobe? This has to status or comment from you...?
Adobe admin please merge this thread with these two:
and please get this little tweak done, it's a complete pain in the arse...
Adobe please merge this request with this one: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34811719-possibility-to-pin-layers-of-fixed-elements
11 votesbug-investigation-in-progress · AdminNina Ramos (Adobe XD) (Program Manager, Quality, Adobe) responded
Can you share some system logs to help with investigation? Please post to cloud location and email link to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include system details & add post link for reference.
- XD version
- OS version
- CoreSync version
- Creative Cloud desktop application version
- Adobe Creative Cloud logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
fyi I have the log file for this, please direct message me to receive it.
I have the same problem.
220.127.116.11, Creative cloud sync 18.104.22.168
Mac OS 10.14.4
Creative cloud app 22.214.171.1246
I have uploaded my log files (Computer called katherinesophieanne) couldn't find an email that Adobe said was sent.
By the way if all your apps made these details cut and paste-able that would make all this easier.
1,230 votesfeature-in-the-backlog · 126 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 01 : Design mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
This is very important if master components design/style-wise influence all instance of their child components why if I prototype wire a button in my master component does it not propagate every child instance with that link? This behaviour is a functionality mismatch currently, when compared to what happens when you make design changes to the master component.
This thread should be merge with this one: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34615318-fixed-elements-should-always-be-in-front
Simple fix for this:
1) Default behaviour: On click of 'Fix position when scrolling' checkbox it actually 'pins' any 'fixed' layers to the top of the layer stack no matter what new objects are created.
2) Custom behaviour: If a user wants to move it manually within the layer stack they can but then newly created layers get created above.
That satisfies bother users cases. Those who generally expect fixed items at top of stack and those who need to actually tweak the placement.
I agree, to say it another way: By default any fixed object should always occupy the top z-index unless a user physically arranges a layer to be above the fixed object for a specific reason.
Generally the usage case for fixed elements is that they are to be above all other content on the page 95% of the time. So it is incorrect logic to make all newly created objects z-index to be above the fixed element in the layer stack.
I’m not sure I understand what you’re describing. Are you trying to add hyperlinks? Currently there is no support for this.
Looking at the project you’ve included, I’m able to insert multiple instances of the symbol and it shows all the included design elements.
Can you update with detailed steps of what you’re trying to do, as well as details of where it’s not working the way you’d expect.
XD Community Quality Manager
To clarify Nina... (Please use the file attached.) There are actually a couple of issues:
1) If I edit the master symbol (footer) and create a prototype link (in prototype mode) I think all footer symbols across the whole of my prototype should update instantly.
2) If you create a prototype link from the footer symbol on art board 'Link 1' and then create the same link from the same newsletter box on art board 'Link 2' then you cut (CMD X) the newsletter box with the prototype link from the footer symbol and paste it back in the prototype link has disappeared. I think the link should stay.
PS Just realised I can't attach a file - can you drop me an email directly and I'll share the file please.
1 votebug-needs-more-info · 1 comment · Adobe XD: Bugs » Performance · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Thanks for the detailed report!
I think what you’re seeing is expected. When I follow the steps you provide, the “missing” wire is for the artboard I copied into.
Can you retry copying the three rectangles to new artboard? This should retain the wires setup to all the shapes.
@Antonio – The case you link to has been fixed. t’s possible that copy/paste action is happening when file is in Design mode, which does include interaction. But for this issue, I think it’s likely the keyboard stops responding which user can switch focus away and back to XD (or restart app) for resolution.
Are you copy/pasting the symbol while in Prototype mode or Design mode? If it’s Design mode, the interaction will not be maintained.
Here’s what I do and note that behavior is working as I expect it:
- In Document 1, draw elipse, convert to symbol
- Create new document (Document 2), copy symbol from Document 1
- Add two more artboards in Document 2
- Switch to Protytpe mode, add interaction from symbol to Artboard 2
- Copy + paste symbol in Artboard 3. This also shows wire to Artboard 2
Hope this helps!
I will be changing this to focus on unused colors and character styles. For unused symbols and folders, please upvote:
- Unused symbols: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/18939286
- Symbol organization: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33272584
99 votes18 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 02 : Prototype mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
99 votes6 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 02 : Prototype mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
160 votes18 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 02 : Prototype mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
7,523 votesfeature-started · 881 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests » 02 : Prototype mode · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →