Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I manage a widget library with renderings of various components. For example, as a means of organizing tab bars (as they appear in conjunction with different components) I have the renderings of those rendered together on a single page. What I would like to do is allow the user to click a word an jump them to the particular artboard where the component that they appear with is referenced. Bear in mind, my document is very large and it is difficult to move between artboards in design mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Locked objects can’t be copied (alone or in a selection of objects). This makes it hard to reliably work with more complex selections.

Allow copying locked objects and their properties.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Switch on and off grid with W key like in InDesign

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Translation]

Once you've picked the text, I'd like you to preview the text in the text list like an illustrator. If you do not actually apply it, will you change the selected character to change the shape of the preview by placing the cursor on the text in the text list?

And the rotation of the figure was inconvenient. If you put your mouse on the corner of the shape like the illustration, you can rotate it with the round shape. I was uncomfortable to have to enter the angle of rotation separately.

일단 텍스트를 고를때 일러스트 레이터 처럼 텍스트…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. To access the color palette today, you need to click on the 'Fill' or ' Border' button. The color palette appears as a fly-out color menu. Please remove that. Instead, place it inside the right column under 'Fill' or 'Border' depending on what you choose. Why? 1. It's annoying. 2. It requires extra clicking to access 'Fill' or 'Border'. And that's less great ux. 3. It will take less screen real estate. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I need color in 8-digit hex code (with transparency). And the color code should be displayed in Design Specs too. And it would be great if first two digits of alpha channel to stay a bit apart visually for easy perception, but not be divided with space to correctly copy/pasted

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In a document with a large number of artboards it would be great to have some functionality for clearing up the clutter:

1: Select a number of artboards.
    2: Choose View, «Show Only Links of selected artboards»
    or
    Choose View, «Show Only outgoing links of selected artboards»
    or
    Choose View, «Show Only incomming Links of selected artboards»

Thanks.

on

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Desktop preview needs a "simulator" where we can change the size/resolution that we want to test on.

Example: I have a project designed for iPhone 6, with all art boards being for the iPhone 6, because that is what I'm testing on (my personal phone). I can plug my phone in and test the project on my phone. So, for iPhone 6, all is well. However, I am unable to test on any other devices because I do not own them, and do not want to redo all of my work, resizing them in a new file, for each…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When designing app screens, we define string tokens so that we can update text labels without the need of an app update.

It would be a great addition for both designer and developer to be able to select a text label and be able to add a comment (like you can do in prototype mode).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2x JPEGs typically should be compressed more than 1x JPEGs, so being able to individually set quality would be extremely useful, otherwise I have to do two separate exports (each with a different quality) and merge the results.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The bounding box disappears when resizing multiple objects together. It would be helpful if it would stay visible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hi all,

I am still waiting to see if we can have a global colour palette for XD?
    I am finding its very odd that you don't have access to a palette until you have pre-defined one. Its such a time waster.

In photoshop and illustrater (and sketch) you where able to play around with global colours to see what was working for a new product for example. Now its almost like you need to have a set colour palette in mind before you start.

It would be great to either have default global colours or you can create your…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To solve the problem to connect by a USB cable on W10, it would be great to enable to preview the prototype by scanning a QR code like it was possible with Pixate Studio. This was a real big asset of Pixate, very helpful, and I think it’d make XD even better.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to drag and drop an image into another image to simply replace the image with the same dimensions and size. (feature available in Keynote).

Useful when replacing images/photography that's been tweaked in Photoshop. Otherwise need to import image, resize, and repositioning every time there is an edit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The 'design preview' window is set to always be the topmost / frontmost window when running XD. This is a problem because it deviates from standard window behavior on a mac.

If a program has multiple windows that I can minimize or dismiss, then I should be able to bring any window to the forefront by simply selecting it. All other windows should then automatically stay open but appear behind the topmost window.

I just want XD to follow standard practice on the mac. I'm very comfortable switching between windows using cmd+~ or using the 'window' menu in the toolbar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently we can set links to any specific artboard. This is very helpful. I use it for creating a button on every slide that will take me to a contents artboard, where I can link to different flows.
    The problem in this setup is that, when in prototype mode, there are a lot of links drawn between the artboards, as each artboard is linked to the contents artboard (see attchment).
    I find this can be easily alleviated if I could link the buttons to the 'home artboard', and so it could spare having to draw the links to that artboard.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cycle Layers

Use cycles layers just like Adobe Character Animator to create animations in the design

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Styles/assets still need a lot of work but one feature I'd like to see added sooner rather than later is the ability to based one style on others like you can in InDesign. Make them better if you can because even ID's "based on" feature can be improved.

Basically what I'd like to see is the ability to set a style (body copy for instance) and make separate styles based on this for perhaps different colors (white on colored box for instance). If I need to change the size, font, and/or style I would do it in my base style…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. To unlock objects, I need to manually select every locked object to Unlock it. This is time consuming and obnoxious. Indesign, Illustrator, Sketchup and others use Unlock All to Unlock every object, saving loads of time.

I think where Illustrator's model could be improved upon is to make "Unlock all" artboard specific so that you're not unlocking every object on every artboard which is generally bad for productivity. In Illustrator I find myself continually needing to group everything on the board before I do "Unlock All" and either hide it or drill down into it so I don't accidentally unlock…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. This ideas is similar to the "Option to capture mic audio in record mode" however, if we have web cam enabled we should be able to utilize it.

Also, the record option is kind of wonky because it wont allow the user to enter a full screen, presentation mode

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)