Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. This is a very simple but useful feature that I'd like to see carried over from InDesign.

In InDesign, when the text tool is selected, it only takes one click to begin editing text in the exact place where you click in a text string. To select the object to move it, you simply use the Selection Tool (V), but if you want to edit text, the Text Tool (T) makes it seamless.

Currently in XD, objects are selected in the same way regardless as to whether the Selection Tool or Text Tool is in use. This requires 2 clicks…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Been able to merge 2 or more files together. Sometimes client wants to see only a small part or a new idea in the prototype. As a result we make an independent file on its own in order not to mess with main
    If idea works, been able to merge this small file with the main prototype would be a great idea.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Photoshop-style layers (one layer per object) quickly creates a messy layers palette which encourages far too much pointing, clicking, dragging, grouping, naming and organising - it breeds design inefficiency.

We’ve been using Photoshop for web design in spite of this, not because of it!

Few will request this feature so please take a leadership role and ensure fast, digital design iteration isn’t ruined by photo editing paradigms.

Loving this much-needed application so far - great work!

Cheers

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When in Preview mode, the ability to quickly go to content currently displayed in the Preview window would be greatly beneficial.

Let's say you're in Preview Mode. Clicking through the screens, you noticed that there is something that needs to be fixed within one of the artboards.

To make the fix, you have to currently close the Preview window, then navigate to the relevant artboard and make the change. For complex documents, this may require a good deal of hunting.

It would make an easier workflow to have an option to go to the current artboard in the preview window…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would love to have objects snap to the fold line. Currently i'm moving my footer around a lot because we don't have any sticky footers (yet?) and I always need to zoom in to make sure its on the actual fold line.

Or whenever I resize my canvas back to the actual height of the fold line I need to either enter the height or make sure I drag it to the pixel perfect location.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great to have a built-in library of assets where you can:
    1- add/buy UI kits and all sorts of elements to your library with cloud syncing or only offline use capabilities
    2 - share your work on Behance or Dribbble and for each thumbs-up or like you have a point which you can spend on the online library to purchase new elements
    3 - it is necessary that we can add our own elements from the computer with certain formats and it can recognize those and enable user to upload his own graphical resources into his account…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Color Theme Tool (like InDesign) - maybe tied to the creative cloud.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When working with scrollable areas in your prototype, you can't use pinned comments, because they ignore the scroll position of the area. So it's not clear where the pinned comment was intended to be.

What I would expect:

Pinned comments can be placed in a scrollable area and when they do, they scroll along with the area (and can be outside the viewport)

This way, I can easily collect feedback on the content inside a scrollable area.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When opening a CC-Library in XD, I can't edit the elements inside the library. In other CC-Tools like Photoshop there is a edit-command in the context menu of every item. That's missing in XD, or is there another workflow for editing library-elements?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Right now every font sits differently inside a text box making it very difficult to design text elements to align horizontally. I've uploaded a few images to visualize the issue.

The gray area shows a height in pixels. Text boxes are laid over the gray areas. You'll notice that for the most part the fonts line up correctly from ascender to descender which is that a font-size should be.

The blue area on the left of each example shows how far off from font-size the text box is.

A few observations:

1) You'll notice that as a font gets larger…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I’m going to leave this open, but I will say that the current text boxes match the size of the glyphs as defined by the font designer and is not calculated separately by XD. This means that you’ll often find fonts that either have extra padding or insufficient padding to include all pixels in the font, as it’s defined in the font itself. Hope that helps!

12. Repeat grid - Overflow option/skips last item/Max number of items.

When working on complex responsive layouts, certain repeat grids will cut off the final image on certain resolutions, avoid this with smart overflow. Simple overflow checkbox would be welcome as well, just like a max number of items.

This would make a significant difference concerning presenation to stakeholders and maintaining an atomic solution.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. UI font size control and color

ui font size control

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to have the same alert you get from Indesign regarding Overset text. Content is equally as important as design/prototyping in most projects so if there's no alert that indicates something's wrong before publishing a link for review, it just creates more room for error. The same reason applies to why it was needed in Indesign, really.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adobe XD needs to allow users to set a custom scratch disk. XD has no preference settings and, as far as I can see, no way to change the scratch disk from the primary drive.

As such, when I am working with large XD documents, I quickly run out of drive space on my primary drive, as it's almost full.

All other Adobe applications, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, allow you to set a different scratch disk, or even multiple scratch disks, which I have a 60 gb SSD for this sole purpose.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like Adobe XD to have proper support for the new iPad Pros that was released this year.

In particular, I would like the presentations to ignore the safe areas. That helps me ensure that the UI elements I design near the bottom do not interfere with the home affordance. Maybe the right idea to convey is "full screen".

This might need to be a setting of some sort, however, because I could also be trying to demo a version on older iPad Pros, in which case the current presentation, which is inset, scaled down a little, but avoids…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The title really says what I’m looking for. Recently completed features that I thought were getting close to solving this include:
    - Keep symbols as symbols when pasting between documents: DONE.
    - Name symbols: DONE.

But-- what I'm looking for is the ability to paste symbols between XD documents without the symbol being duplicated. I'd like it to detect that the new document already has a symbol with the same name as the one being pasted in, and prompt me, letting me choose between:
    1) Use symbol in current document
    2) Replace symbol in this document with the one being…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use pixel values for letter-spacing and line height rather than whatever Adobe uses right now so that it's easier to translate the specs to CSS

Use percentages or relative values to size objects and type.
    eg: I want this object to be 50% of the artboard width

Add padding and margin pixel values to text to generate buttons. Similar to how you are able to create buttons out of text in illustrator (see: https://youtu.be/fiTnlCCXTBo?t=1m46s)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Basically XD is a step in the right direction, but from our understanding it does not really support scripting such as JS or similar, and so we can only prototype using static images, instead of HTML5 code we want to use to test the overall look of the planned website.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would love to have a working ‘search bar’ where i can let people type in something so they can find it in my app.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)