Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Great Job

No idea just some positive feedback. Loving the November states feature :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make co-editing less flakey

I’m encountering Error 2143 a lot because of an unstable wireless connection.

At the error, I cannot save my work. I would like to.

I also cannot disable co-editing to prevent this problem. I would like to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lag improvements to tap actions in Live Preview (and Cloud/Local Documents)

Since the recent update, the iOS app has a considerable amount of lag with tap actions. Drag actions seem immediate, still, but any tap actions have some wait time (~1s), which makes the local live-preview feel sluggish and less responsive compared to previous versions. The live preview simulation on desktop, however, does not display this lag.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AVI file editing

AVI files are very common. Many cameras record in AVI. Premiere Pro on Mac should support editing of AVI files. I have hundreds of archived videos that I edited in CS6 that require extensive work because Premiere no longer works with AVI files. New versions should increase compatibility not decrease.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Copy and Paste Text from outside Adobe XD

I want to write some text in a program like Microsoft Word and copy this text and paste it in a text block.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Modifying gradient direction causes crash

I'm trying to help my designer friend troubleshoot XD but I'm unsuccessful. It seems unique to his program/computer because I can't replicate it on my machine. I did reinstall the program but it didn't help

The bug: Modifying the gradient direction (with that line that pops up on top of the shape) instantly crashes the program.

It doesn't matter if it's a linear or radial gradient, clicking that line in order to modify it results in a brief unresponsive pause and then closes the program. The crash report pops up upon reboot of the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. This document cannot be opened until the active editors leave.

Hi,

After sharing a Xd file to a co-worker, when they have the Xd file opened, other co-workers cannot open the file at the same time. It will usually display a message saying:

" This document cannot be opened until the active editors leave."

or the file will be opened but showing "Disconnected".

Currently workin on:
    macOS 10.14.6
    Creative Cloud: 5.00.354
    Adobe Xd: 24.2.22

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ll be updating the message in an upcoming version of XD, but this message means that you and your colleagues are not using the same version of XD to open the document. Check to make sure that you are using the same exact version of XD to open the document, and you should be able to coedit at will. Hope that helps!

8. Ayuda con exportacion

No se pudo exportar un archivo a After Effects, en MacOS 10.13.5

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. XD 24 Bug while mobile viewing PSD or Sketch Files

After XD 24, when you want to view Sketch or PSD files live on mobile device with USB wire, the fonts are not recognized despite the fact that it is wired. When you change font into another then return to the original the problem goes off. Big bug. Thank you... Missing fonts returned with wire. Please help...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Return the flow switcher please!

After the latest updates I could not find how to switch the view of all screens from the grid to the flow in dev mode. That's too bad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The flow switcher is still there – you can look in the upper right corner if you’re in grid view. If you’re in focus view and not in grid view, you can return to the grid view by clicking on the four squares in the upper left corner. Hope that helps!

11. Synchronization bug

I have 2 computers. On the 1st I saved XD file as a file on my hard drive (not as a cloud document) in the folder that is syncronized. The file was uploaded, because I can see it on assets.adobe.com.
    On the 2nd computer I have also synchronization folder, so these folders on both computers should be equal.
    BUT on the 2nd computer I don't see this file. Even though Creative Cloud Desktop on both computers shows that synchronization complete.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I can't record the video on pototype at Mac Catalina

I cant record the video on prototype preview. i have latest mac catalina and also XD. please update the solution ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Invite to private prototype without sending an invitation email

I would like to be able to invite stakeholders to private prototypes (Share for Review in particular) without sending them an email that they were invited. I am inviting a large audience of folks and my company has alternate means of broadcasting this invitation. This could be a "send emails" checkbox option when inviting users to a prototype (see attached image).

My use case:
    When a design is ready for review, I create an internal document (outside of the Adobe system) detailing the proposed feature set. This document contains a link to the prototype for users to be able to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. Right now, the easiest way to do this is to invite yourself and forward the link that is created in the Email to your stakeholders. Once they click on the link, they can request access using their own (free) Adobe IDs. As for the rest of them, it sounds like you have about 3-4 different requests in one ticket, which makes it hard to merge with other similar requests in the database. I’d suggest that you go back and file each one separately so that your ideas have a better chance of getting traction!

14. Space for publising and development links

It would be great to be able to check the used/remaining space for links. I have been told that there are 100GB space for links but I would need to know how much of that I am using or I have left because I am getting error 44:47 because of space problems...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prototype comments panel missing

Saw error 69:-1 when updating a prototype a few minutes ago. When viewing the currently active link I could see past comments but could not resolve the comment. Now I can publish but when viewing the link the comments button / panel is gone (allow commenting was checked in the publish settings). Have a running history of comments from client and needed to view them and resolve specific ones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Poor quality exporting at 1x

Since the last update while we export at 1x (png, jpeg or whatever) the quality is very poor.

Please fix it as soon as possible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. XD App loading screen Hangs / Freeze Fix

I have found a Bug when using special characters and want to preview it on the App.

My XD App kept on crashing during loading screen of an artboard or file.
    I have found the problem.
    It was when I was using special characters such as "Ⓒ" even with the font-type Roboto .. that it crashes.

When removing this the artboard loaded normally

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto animate not working properly in Android App

I'm trying to view my prototype on the Android App but I just can't make the auto animate works properly. I open the file in the web browser (desktop) and it works fine, but not on my smartphone. I'm using Android 8.0, Samsung SM-A520F with the last version of XD app.

I can't share the project here, but, for example, I have a button that has to simply grown and show some content. Works Ok with auto animate in web browser and file preview in desktop. When in the app, the animation just don't exist (transition effects seems to work…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09 : Mobile (Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Live Preview Bug - Mac to iPhone 8 Plus

I am having an issue where XD is not detecting my iPhone that is connected to my Mac via USB. The phone is charging and iTunes is picking it up as connected. When I click on the "Device Preview" it just gives me the prompt:

"Connect iOS or Android devices to XD via USV to preview your designs and prototypes in real-time".

Yes, I have XD running on my phone. When I tap the "Live Preview" button, it doesn't read as being connected to XD, giving me the prompt:

"Open an XD document on your desktop. Using a USB cable,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug : Adobe XD APP - Designed for iPhone Xr but artboard not filling screen

I have designed my artboard for iPhone Xr, plug-in the Xr Phone to see live preview using adobe XD app (v 22.1.1) but it doesn't fill the screen. Any reasons?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base