Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Add Components/ Character style / Colors to library from Assets panel by selecting multiple items and exporting to Library with one click

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Hi, is there a way to change "Who has access" mode in Share from "Anyone with the link" to "Only invited people" easily? Right now the only way to do that is by creating a new link instead of simply changing the selection in "Who has access" dropdown and update it.

Will this be a possible update in the future?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now change the link access type in Share mode from it being public (Anyone with the link) to private (Only invited people) or vice-a-versa, and choose to Update the link without changing its URL.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ee/xd/user-guide.html/ee/xd/help/share-designs-prototypes.ug.html#link-access

Please note that this ability is available in links published from newer versions of Adobe XD. Please give this a try and let us know if you have any feedback.

Thanks!

3. I used to cycle intensively and seamlessly between the Design and Prototype tabs with CTRT+TAB. Hundreds of time a day. It was easy, logical, productive.

But now the Share tab came alongside them. While sharing is crucial, it is not designing. Using CTRL+TAB now forces me constantly through the sharing mode, followed by an extra CTRL+TAB. Hundreds of time a day. It is pure repetitive noise for me.

I suggest any of these 2 simple solutions:

1 - Adding a direct shortcut for the tabs (eg: OPTION+1, OPTION+2, OPTION+3);

2 - Removing the Share mode as a tab alongside the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I really enjoy working with CC libraries. But within the German version of Adobe XD it's called "CC-Bibliotheken" in the menu but the panel is named "CC Libraries".

So please change the wording from "CC-Bibliotheken" to "CC Libraries" to make it consistent.

Thanks!
    Rainer

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Show layout grids on artboards when in development mode - how this feature (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/inspect-design-specs.html#Viewandinspectlayoutgridproperties) was removed as a feature with update 24.x boggles me...

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I know it’s not the primary usage for XD, but I was designing a little poster for a client in A4 and they suddenly changed their mind and wanted A3. I always export higher resolution, not just in print (using web export, which gives both 1x and 2x). So, since I wanted to have A3@2x, I had to manually copy the content and scale it up to a bigger art board. Thankfully there weren’t many changes in the poster after this but it got me thinking - it’d be neat if I could just export 4x of what I had…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all!

Happy to let you know that starting with XD 45 you can export assets at 4x!
    And 5x! And 6x! And to any other custom value you wish between 0.1x and 10x!
    Let us know your feedback.

Happy exporting!
    Corina Murgila

7. Trying out the new coediting feature in November 2019 update. It's good and convenient. However, i currently encounter document crashing as it is unable to reconnect.

Having previous version is helpful as it backs up my working file and enabling me to download it. But I would still like it to be saved into the same document instead of forcing me to close. The current cloud doc is considered as a corrupted file. It is troublesome as I need to recreate a new cloud file for other partners once again. Viewer/reviewers also cannot use back the same link to view…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I'd love to be able to rearrange the component state order in the property inspector (the panel on the right in Design mode & Prototype mode). I would also love to be able to resize the section for component states. Currently it maxes out at 4 before you need to scroll.

249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Adobe XD Community -

I'm glad to announce that in XD 49 we have introduced the capability to reorder components states in main components through the property inspector. To reorder you states, select your main component and drag the states in the PI to reorder them and the new order will reflect across all your component instances.

Hope you enjoy that feature. To learn more about how to use Component states in XD, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-component-states.html

Thanks,

Sherif

9. How can we export Hover states to development?
    In the specs there is only one state in the component. How will development see all states?

405 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. hovering "settings option" which list the settings and while hovering those options I need another list

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Love the new update with states, versioning and co-editing!!! Awesome!!!

Though there's one thing in the new update that is quite annoying. When working I always tab between between Design and Prototype mode using Ctrl + tab. The new update expects me to Design then prototype and then share. I feel the share screen gets in the way when toggling between design and prototype.

For me my workflow is:
    Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype -> Design -> Prototype (and then Share after many iterations)

The new change "forces" me to go to the Share screen after each prototype…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I make derivative files from a file that was already shared as a specs link all derivatives will have the same title on the shared specs screen.

Confusing to devs and clients and a common use case when working on products.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Because text does not resize the same way objects do, it would be nice to have the option to expand text to outlines the same way Illustrator does. This would turn text into shapes and allow for resizing/shaping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in XD. With the text object you want to convert selected, choose Object > Path > Convert to Path, or press Cmd+8 (Mac) or Ctrl+8 (Windows).

14. An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. when you highlight a color on the canvas from the assets panel it does not highlight color when it is used as a border. I would expect to see the color highlighted regardless of it being a fill or border, is this a bug?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It's frustrating to try to get plugins to work. Many have little to no support or even a guide on how to use them. A curated list of plug ins that work for most users would be helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to be able to have the option to name my Character Styles, ex. "Heading 1" "Heading 2" "Body text" etc. and Colors "Primary", "Secondary" etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. select more than one doc to open: i need to open multiple files, só i do this one by one!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There has been a recent change to the share for Dev view. We relied on that view to express flows. Now it is in a grid similar to Zeplin. I get the change, but not the removal. It would be great to be able to switch between the two. This way individual assets are still quickly accessed and the flow can also be expressed. Our devs were looking at the linking and able to view the overall flow. This was determined to be extremely helpful.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)