Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Manually drag-n-drop to sort assets in the Assets window

Problem:
    Assets in the Asset window are not always sorted per expectation.
    Example-1: If during a project I create a tint of a certain color, I may want to place that swatch next to its parent color.
    Example-2: I need to sort my color assets in accordance with our style-guide and have the primary prior to my secondary colors.

Solution:
    Be able to drag-n-drop assets in the Asset window to sort them manually.

380 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When you open a document and it says a font is missing, but tracking down that missing font can be a nightmare.

Often this can occur when moving from one system to another (home to work for example), so doing a find and replace would be very helpful, but just finding the "issue" would be invaluable, because sometimes a type box may not be readily visible to even find it to correct.

298 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve improved this in the March release! If you don’t see an update, select the … icon in the Creative Cloud desktop app and select “Check for App Updates.” If you have further feedback on this feature, please feel free to file a new ticket!

3. Just like in Illustrator, it should be possible to add colors, styles, symbols, ... to a new or existing CC library.

At this moment, the CC library is of not much use when you're creating a brand new project in a team of XD designers.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Guy

317 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the latest release of Adobe XD, you can now write colors, character styles, and objects to CC Libraries. Check it out and let us know what you think! Please feel free to file individual tickets for additional features you’d like to see in this area.

4. Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unlike other Adobe applications adding colors in XD is not intuitive or even able to be accomplished without clicking on a drawn asset or word. Why is there a greyed out "+" next to the word "colors" under assets?

It would better serve the designer to give them the ability to import all assets up front to include any swatches or themes they have created using Adobe Capture CC. This is currently not allowed as all themes created online, in Photoshop or Illustrator come up as "unsupported" when looking in the CC libraries panel.

Not one designer I've spoken to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Full screen should go full screen. InVision App allows a full-screen takeover when viewing a prototype. Why does the content go into a small rectangle centered in the browser with Adobe product notes in the corners? I am designing full screen, the prototype should follow that format. There is no need to see things like the date and time or "Made with Adobe XD." My client doesn't care, they are not designers. The client is my focus.

2. Upon clicking the "Fullscreen" button in the top corner, the screen still has a black background bordering the content. It should snap to…

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When in Prototype Mode, sometimes elements are very far away on canvas.

Screen should scroll when trying to connect to Prototype Target.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right now, you can override text and bitmaps in a symbol. I'd like to be able to override appearance properties like opacity, fill color, borders, shadows, and font style.

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

8. I needed to overwrite a file when exporting it. However, I spent approximately 20 minutes trying to figure out why I kept getting the error "There was a problem exporting your asset. We'd love to understand what went wrong so that we can fix this for you. Please tell us about the problem here."

I finally realized that this was because I was overwriting an opened file (I was viewing it in Adobe reader). As a software engineer to a team of software engineers, I highly recommend making the errors much more specific to the issue.

if File.isOpen()
    sendError("Please close…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to save symbols so that they could be used on any project would be very useful. As of now, symbols added can only be used on that particular project only.

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    https://letsxd.com/whats-new
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

10. When I'm creating a button and want to add 4 px rounded corners to it, instead of guessing what 4px looks and dragging the cursor like I would like to be able to enter that the corners should be 4px in the sidebar near where the height and width are set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It will be awesome if you can consider XD for creating Artwork for Instagram Stories, Posts, FB, etc

No tool is solving this beautifully, request you to consider this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Great to see design specs working! Will add some ideas for it here. The first of them is:

As a designer, I need to send to developers a link with the working prototype and another with the design specs. Would be great if I could share a single link and design specs and prototype worked as tabs on that page.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available in the latest design specs links published from XD 21.0 onwards.

Now you can share a single design specs link with developers that includes both prototypes interactions and design specs. This saves your developers time as well as enable you to better communicate your design intent.

13. I'd love to see a way for for Enterprise customers whose companies have chosen not to permit sharing to be able to take advantage of the Design Specs feature. We need a way to export a local file that shows the specs that we can share on our internal, private networks. Without this, your largest customers are still left drawing design specs by hand.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We seem to have missed marking this done when it was actually completed! For those enterprise customers who have sharing disabled, you can now work with your CSM to enable local publish. Please note that none of the services will be connected, which means that you will not be able to comment.,

14. since overlay feature released so why not to add a time for that overlay for instance when i click on CTA button overlay popup for specific time i define for 2 seconds then disappeared by itself.
    that's like a toast in web design terms simple real life example for this in youtube when you like a video there's a toast/popup show in the bottom left of the screens tells you that you liked this video.
    that's gonna be really cool for both website and mobile app to show you if your purchase has bee successfully done or your new settings…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love this feature in InDesign and Illustrator. In InDesign if you double click the lower right corner of the textbox it scales to fit. Similarly in Illustrator if you click the handles on the right center or bottom center of the textbox it will scale to fit.

This feature would help better determine handling to padding/margins be more reflective of final development

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can currently fit area text to its content by double-clicking the bottom area text resize handle.

It works both when the text is shorter than the area text box and when the text is larger than the area text box. When the text is larger than the box and truncated, the bottom resize handle will turn red.

16. I wish there was a preview or screenshots of the plugins. Most of the plugins without a screenshot won't help me download it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Starting in XD’s November 2019 release (XD 24), the plugin listing does feature screenshots.

Every newly added/updated plugin is required to provide at least one screenshot, to ensure you always have this useful info to go on when choosing which plugins to install.

17. There needs to be a way to search within libraries.

I have a library that has 750+ icons in a library and no way to search for what I am looking for.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Saved Assets need to be able to quickly copy pasted between multiple .xd files.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All -

We’re excited to announce that with XD May release, you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

Please give it a try and let us know what…

19. When you Ctrl+click to do direct selection then you also select layers with 0% opacity, which means that you are not selecting what you see.

With Auto Animate I have begun to place layers on top of each other, and in next artboard move them into final position to simulate foldout. This will also transition from 0 to 100% opacity, which is why I don't simply hide the layers.

This makes it difficult to edit what is visible and layered behind the top layers of 0% opacity.
    E.g. if I then want to edit a text field then I cannot…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 31 32