Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Add "Select Contained" like Axure. I don't like Select Intersected. I spend too much time selecting things I have not choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. With autosaving documents in cloud, when I accidentally hit Cmd+Q it closes instantly the XD app and all opened documents without any warning. It is annoying because I have to reopen all previously opened documents.
    Google Chrome has this option that warns you to press Cmd+Q twice to close the Chrome (in case you hit it accidentally, which is not that difficult having W, that closes single document, sitting right next to Q). It also gives you the possibility to reopen all previously opened tabs, this might be useful too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 4) Permitir desplazarce en la lista de activos, con las flechas del teclado, porque cuando hay muchos componentes es muy lento hacerlo con el mouse.

4) Allow scrolling in the list of assets, with the arrows of the keyboard, because when there are many components it is very slow to do it with the mouse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3) Opciones en archivos recién abiertos, donde permitan copiar la dirección de la ubicación del archivo o descubrirla en el explorador.

3) Options in newly opened files, where you can copy the address of the file location or discover it in the browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The explicitness of the artboards is one of the most valuable aspects that drove me into XD.

It is great for design (when you can see and edit things at once) and specially for team collaboration ("How will development see all states?" https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs).

Wouldn't it be great if:
    1 - states were special (explicit) artboards, tied to the original object (like Overlays);
    2 - the single regular Interaction pane could have triggers like "Hover/Mouse in/Mouse out" and actions like "State" (instead of requiring setting up states in the Design of a component before triggering them elsewhere in Prototype);
    3…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. UI font size control and color

ui font size control

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. accidental double clicks turn my rectangles into editable paths, then if i click the path point and realize i double clicked ( instead of single click) I press undo, but at that point undo will not turn the path back to a rectangle every time. so the shape remains a path, I feel like there should be a better (more accident proof) option to turn the shape to a path

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to make it so anything behind another element is not clickable. For example, having an overlay on a dashboard — any interactions on the dashboard that are behind a modal should not be clickable or interactable..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In order to export an Adobe XD prototype to Alexa Preview, the first artboard must contain actual content; an empty space will result in export error. This is a new issue as previous exports have accepted a single space as content.

I wasted several hours trying to address this. My exhaustion to figure it out on my own led me to leave a 1-star rating on Amazon for the XD skill, a phone call to the Adobe support team, rescheduling a client meeting and lost wages.

My feature request:
    Make export error handling better and more descriptive.

Explicit indication that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Since your latest update, prototype interactions are copied when in design mode (I copied the whole artboard). When I paste, I have to remove all the interactions. I preferred having the option by only copying interactions when in prototype mode. It is painful for my workflow with XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'm making an overlay that you can dismiss by clicking away on an empty area. I want only that empty area to be clickable, while the contents of popup/dialog/overlay to be unclickable. Same goes for objects partially obscured by any overlaying object.

I found myself, and many of my presenters, to be clicking on an element (not necessarily a button) that is part of a popup/dialog, just to simulate a clicking behaviour. This causes an underlaying interaction to trigger, and that's undesirable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exporting vector graphic shouldn't transform translate at all!
    When exporting e.g. icon why there is "data-name" and transform="translate"? Svg's are very often animated, or changed on hover. Sometimes element inside might be moving and translate is perfect for moving path where you cant change x and y. I understand maybe its faster for adobe xd to calculate translate when moving element but at least on export paths should be recalculated to have NONE of translate's. I'm not even sure if we can call it a feature, its more like bug that produces totally unnecessary attributes. When exporting, file should be…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability for polygon tool to support star ratio of more than 100% so that it would be easier to create a rounded square for the containers of icons

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to have a way populate text boxes with text and retain formatting/special characters including indents and spacing. I have content in word and would love for a plugin that could populate each text box (maybe by treating each paragraph break as a different box)? I develop technical training and am using XD for storyboarding--this is a huge limitation with content that is technical in nature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'm using XD more and more for creating and visualizing static graphic designs on multiple devices. Would be nice to lock the Live Preview to one artboard while designing in another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  16. Yes... know there are plenty of threads and complains out there about this topic. But can't invest my time searching and tediously upvote each one of them. So as it seems I'm forced to work as "beta tester for free, at least let me invest the lesser time in post expensive bugs.

Simply I've lost one client, time, money and health with the amounts of bugs and insane usability flaws of XD user interface. Really... I'm tired, very tired.

Just built an "atomic" approach of buttons, dropdowns, etc... invested weeks learning the anti-intuitive way to make states work, with hours…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently editing a master component opens up the component on the pasteboard, out of context of the design.

It would be great if when a user right-clicks and selects "Edit Master Component", it allows to edit the master component in place of the current screen so that editing the component is in context of the broader screen design.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When the layout changes, the pinned comments don't move accordingly. We ran into this today and it's a critical issue because we use Adobe XD as the main source of truth. That comment contains technical requirements for our devs like default ordering. The same happens in forms, where I use comments to specify input masks, validation rules and other things. Everytime I change something on the form, I have to make sure I update all the comments. Uncool!

Usually I will adjust the pins by hand, but in this instance I didn't create the comment so I couldn't move the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I have a situation where I want a mask to reveal its fixed-position contents, but I don't appear to be able to do that. I don't see any reason that the mask and its contents should be inherently related, even if you want to set it that way by default (when the mask is attached) - I should be able to select either of them and select/deselect the "Fix position when scrolling" toggle.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the ability to control the entire document export of assets and/or instead of defaulting to "mark for export" leave the checkbox empty.

Please STOP making decisions for us and let us choose how we want to use XD (The same goes for saving everything in the cloud by default).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)