Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Could we please have shear/distort/skew transform option of a vector object in Adobe Xd?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The libraries panel is always shown when I open a file and it's a bit annoying. I wish this was collapsed by default, or even better have the program remember what my display looked like the last time I closed that particular file (for instance, if I had the layers panel shown when I closed a file, then when I open the file again that panel would show by default).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. an option to save XD files in older version, so people working on updated versions can share documents with people who can't upgrade

543 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. xd no funciona con efectos de desenfoque cuando se exportar los archivos en PDF y SVG

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. At the moment, artboards can only be set to have vertical scrolling or no scrolling at all - it would be great to have the option to have horizontal scrolling for the entire artboard, as to better facilitate designs for side-scrolling websites.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this one open, but you can already do side scroll via a group in an artboard. You can set a scroll area on a wide group, and set the scroll mask to the width of your artboard.

6. Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All -

Can you please detail out what’s your current workflow today in XD that lands you into that situation?

In other words, are the documents that you’re pasting into linked to the source document? are they “Saved As” versions of the source documents.

This extra info will help us identify what the issue is.

Thanks,
    Sherif

7. Designing for web means mocking up, at minimum, for desktop and mobile. I have to create separate heading styles for both device sizes. Would be so so nice if I could define font sizes based on device widths for each heading style and swap them all at once, rather than tediously going through the mockups and updating each text box one-by-one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When a text layer is created, the layer name is the same as that of the text. However, when the text is updated or made a copy of, the new layer's label in the layers panel remains the same. It needs to be updated in real-time as per the text on the artboard.

Right now, it is very confusing to look at the same text-labeled layers in the layers panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to see a feature, much like in InDesign, where you can toggle the display performance settings for the art boards in file.

My company tends to keep a lot of screens and components in master files and working in those can become tedious due to CPU drag. It'd be great to be able to downgrade the display performance to more quickly navigate the file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. It will be great to create a grid that works verticaly and horizontaly, like a grid based on the golden number. It is really ennoying that we can have only vertical grid. And also it would be great to use a feature like "auto grid" plugin to create grid using the perfect pixel. Now it is really painfull to make great design base on a great grid. Thank you and sorry for my english ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A lot of basic prototypes I am making are rather difficult to use because of the scrolling behavior. As seen in the video attached, when using click and hold to scroll down, the click release will launch the event of the element that the mouse indicator is on.

Similarly, when you have a horizontal scroll group and using the mouse to drag, the click release will launch an event.

With the horizontal scroll group, you also expect no vertical scrolling but this happens inevitably. So both the vertical and horizontal scroll groups do not live up to their name, as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have the option of recovering a link that you have deleted or at least that the deleted links go to a recycle bin and are inactive, with the possibility of recovering them if necessary

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want the option when setting up character styles that there doesn't need to be a color associated with the character style.

For example, I set up my H1, H2, H3 with their respective font families, font weight, & font size. But my design has different background colors. Sometimes my H1 is lack on a white background, which is how I set it up in the Character Styles. While other times my H1 is white on a black background,. But if I change the H1 to white it no longer correlates to the H1 I setup in my character styles…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The option to fix the position of a layer has been a great addition in recent updates. It would also be great to be able to release a fixed layer at any point of your choosing.

For example, having a side panel filter fixed as you scroll down the page, but once the page reaches a certain point, the side panel filter no longer becomes fixed and you scroll past it as normal, and continue down the page without it showing on the screen.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently, you only have the option to edit paths if the Z-position is set to 0. As soon as you set the paths Z-position to anything greater than 0 you lose the ability to edit the paths, which is extremely frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  17. Please consider creating a standalone viewer, similar to how you have a standalone PDF reader, so clients can open local XD files for viewing.

This is valuable to me for a number of reasons:

1. My client (military) expects to have access to these demos "forever." Our demos cover not simply what the final UI for the final product will look like, but we also create interactive documentation for the product using XD. Over the course of many projects (and links and passwords), this is not sustainable.

2. The shared version that the client sees via the browser often presents incorrectly, particularly…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently both the list and grid view have their advantages and disadvantages, especially since the sudden loss of responsive columns of the list view I find myself switching back and forth. In some occasions the list view is still more compact, but as soon as there are many items in one category - i.e. colors - I feel forced to switch to grid to avoid endless scrolling.

To counter this and add customizability, how about being able to select the view mode per category? For example grid for colors, list for components or vice versa - just the way your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  19. I'm using a platform, called Zeroheight, to create my company design system. It has a plugin that integrates with Adobe XD.
    I'm trying to display, on my design system, all the components states and be able to interact with them on the platform.
    I was informed by the support team of zeroheight that the adobe XD API doesn't support states and for that reason, they can't have access to components states.

This would really add value to my work! Thanks.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. You prototype in one gamepad controller, the prototype works in every gamepads

My struggle: I need to make the same prototype work with 4 different controllers: Xbox one, Xbox seres S, Ps4 and PS5 because I cannot ask the entire company to buy the same gamepad as mine.

I beg you guys.

Please make a gamepad map where you can do it only for one controller and it will work the same for all of them. There are only few buttons that differ from the others. Imagine me, working on a 100 pages prototype, need to set one single interaction…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)