Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. My primary email for my Adobe ID is my personal email (personal@email.com), but I'm a contractor with a temporary company email, which I've set as my secondary email (work@company.com). The designers I'm collaborating with are sending me the invitations to my secondary (company) email, but I get a message saying "I don't have permission to open this file". It would be great if I could use my secondary email as well for co-editing, because as a contractor, I won't be needing access to those files once my work is done and my work email has been…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Can "invite to edit" be a check in check out feature, where only one person could work in at a time?

• Problem is I can't accept changes from a designer. Their changes are being pushed and I am forced to accept.
    • I don't know what the revisions are and cannot track changes.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I really think you guys should do something about your pricing model.

For a beginner UX designer like me, it was really nice to be able to achieve all the things that could with Sketch individual pricing for just $99 a year. The only reason I switch to XD was because I moved off the Apple platform for obvious reasons...

I think that your pricing model is insane for the average person looking to learn and experiment.

And saying that the AdobeXD app is free is not sufficient, as you really do need photoshop and illustrator to work as an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have created a linked Design System file and now one of the designers has overwritten some of my elements. I can go back in the version history and open a version before the mistake was made but I can't revert to that version. Because many files link to the source Design System file, I can't just make a new one and send it out — the orginal linked file needs to be maintained.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Voting is great but without the ability to down vote bad ideas still accumulate and they don't get pushed back by the community.

So to be clear...
    vote up (we currently have this)
    vote down (requested here)

I hope this gets voted up haha :)

ps - yes I completely understand that the good ideas get more votes. However there are thousands of ideas and without the communities ability to push back the ideas keep accumulating votes and thus stay relevant.

e.g. An idea that has been live for a year may only have 5 votes which means that it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I can never find the Cloud document I need. Last modifies is great but sometimes I need a file I worked on a month ago. Please allow easier organization of files by allowing to star favorites, like Dropbox, or some other way to keep important files at the top

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I'm trying to figure out how to enable XD to support Apple Time Machine (versioning) so I can roll back some changes to a prior version of an XD file. Since I don't see a clear way to enable that, and it doesn't appear to be enabled by default, my guess it that it will need to be a feature request.

Automated versioning is built into MacOS, supporting it in XD would be a time saver for users. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I have realized that when working on different devices using Adobe XD, the option it gives us to preview our designs is a bit inefficient. This is considered to be to the "desktop preview" We do not present the measures as in theory should be seen since when designing on different screen sizes like a mac and then continue on a different laptop or computer either to analyzing the design or correcting errors shows a drastic change. My suggestion is that they can implement a pre-visualization option in the browser like the one that Adobe Dreamweaver gives us, this facilitates…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have a personal Adobe account and access to a company Adobe account. However, I only have one computer, and I do not plan on buying a second mac just to facilitate 2 Adobe accounts.

This leaves me with following problem: I have to sign in/out all the time to view my different projects. This is extremely inconvenient and wastes time unnecessarily.

Please let users be signed in to multiple accounts simultaneously, so that work flow isn't constantly disrupted.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. When the last open XD file is closed, the preview window remains open. This causes problems in opening a new document on my Mac.

Once I've closed all remaining XD files, when I go to open a new one from the welcome screen, I click the XD icon in the dock – but instead of opening the welcome screen, it takes me to the black-screened preview window (which, in full screen, sometimes will not reveal the red window close button in the top left). This means the only way to see the welcome screen is to completely quit XD and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the ability to turn off coediting. It's creating all kinds of issues, and can't be turned off. It's absolutely appalling that this feature would be introduced without the ability to turn it off after enabling it.

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to have the Download XD File option when looking at the cloud history. Today I only have "open in a new window" and "rename this version", I wish there was an "download this version" option for making backups.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. My team and I created a shared CC library and I added couple colors on it. I want to be able to reorder the elements so it will be more organized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Now that we are all loving the ability to add States to Components... My "component" box in the upper right is getting busy, and I'm having to scroll constantly! It looks like we have plenty of vertical space in the XD UI to allow this area to expand... either as needed (to a certain point of course!), or allow the user to drag this palette longer, similar to other CC apps.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. Adobe XD is incompatible with newer Windows 10 devices such as the Surface Pro X and Samsung Galaxy Book S running on ARM based Qualcomm chipsets. Microsoft seems to be developing Windows 10 more around ARM and the platform would really benefit from software such as XD.

I personally just received my Pro X and it is unfortunate that XD will not run at all on it.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. For now, Ctrl+tab navigating to next tab (design > prototype > share). But Ctrl+shift+tab not navigating to the previous tab (design < prototype < share)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Every time I go to open a new file, it takes 3 clicks. One click to maximize the tiny (minified) 'Open' file pane to fill the whole window (even if I did this last time I opened a file). One click to switch to Cloud Documents (because I can't change to list view in the 'Recent' tab, so I cannot see the full file names and do not know if I am selecting the correct file.) And the third click is to actually open the file.

Now, I don't know about other users, but I open and close my XD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be great, if Xd could save a file in the cloud, and parallel also a copy of the same file locally.

If I work on sensitive projects, I am being asked to also have local copies of the file, in case something goes wrong in the cloud. It would really help, if I didn't had to do this manually.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. Is XD going to have capability with MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s new SideCar feature? Apple announced that Select apps such as Illustrator would have support, but I’m not sure if XD will have support.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →