Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove forced cloud storage and remove cloud storage as default

My team cannot use Adobe's cloud for collaboration. We must be able to create a document without automatically saving the document to Adobe's cloud. Further, for a desktop app, local storage should be the default and CMD+S should work as expected.

Updating XD and finding that our documents no longer existed on our desktop was unexpected and we've lost time figuring out where our documents went and figuring out how to restore our workflow, and we will continue to lose time deleting files from Adobe's cloud and dealing with duplicate files every time someone forgets to explicitly save a file…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Objects number limitation when export artboards

Hi, I have designed a very long page, it's a detail page, so it contains hundreds of objects, but when I export this artboard to png, many objects are disappear on the png, seems there is limitation of objects number when export, it can't export so many objects for a single page. So I don't know how to share this page to the developers, since I can't split it into pieces because the objects / elements should be on a single page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Feature Requests/bug report images on full screen

when visualising post images for the Feature request on the adobe website (not the app), you cant go back to the page once you click the supporting image posted bye a user when requesting a feature or reporting a bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug > Every time I update a nested component the component that contains it disappears

I have icon component that has different states and it is used inside my field component, so every time I update my icon component in my master files I go back to my mockup file and I see my field components disappear from my artboard. Can you please fix this bug it is causing a lot of issues to me when working.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Voice person: Amy, Joanna, etc

Hello, I notied that my voices in XD changed. I had a list of 3 including amy. it went to about 7, no more Amy, no others like Joanna. The problem is that now my prototype has different voices and unless i rebuild from scratch i can't change Amy to Joanna or vice versa. Anybody come across this? any solves?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The list of available voices are dependent on your system locale, as some of them have regional accents. To go back to your original set, you can change your region from “United States” to “Great Britain” in your Windows settings, then restart XD. You should see your original set of 3 at that point. Hope that helps!

6. Is it possible to add a retry button

if the user has lost internet connectivity with cloud document instead of closing the document and the program, can you please add a retry button to allow the users to keep trying again rather than waiting for the working button to get enabled which is still good to be kept.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix overflow on "gridViewListWrapper-1JW4Y" element

You have double scroll bars in the grid view. Makes trying to scroll weird. I have to manually click the outer scroll bar to get it to scroll properly.

I'm not 100% sure that this is the only element with this name, but this is the element that I edit in the web inspector to fix the issue.

Currently, it's css rule for overflow is "overflow-x:hidden", to fix this issue it needs to be "overflow: hidden" (not jus the x).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. File name unnecessarily cut off in title bar of narrow window

When I'm arranging several windows next to each other on my screen, or decreasing the window size for any other good reason, I can't see the full file name anymore. There's still ample space to show it, but the bar clearly prioritises a lot of empty space over informational clarity...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove document from Recently Used list

When opening Xd I see the recents on the welcome-screen. Please let me clear that list of items with a button next to the title as well as right-click individual items (which has a second item to delete all as well).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Global assets manage function in XD

Provide a menu named Assets at Home page, just under Add-ons.

So we can manage assets for global useage.

Assets can be listed as global assets and specific projects assets.

I made a rough design for this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use coediting with secondary CC account email

My primary email for my Adobe ID is my personal email (personal@email.com), but I'm a contractor with a temporary company email, which I've set as my secondary email (work@company.com). The designers I'm collaborating with are sending me the invitations to my secondary (company) email, but I get a message saying "I don't have permission to open this file". It would be great if I could use my secondary email as well for co-editing, because as a contractor, I won't be needing access to those files once my work is done and my work email has been…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Invite to Edit a check-in, check-out feature

Can "invite to edit" be a check in check out feature, where only one person could work in at a time?

• Problem is I can't accept changes from a designer. Their changes are being pushed and I am forced to accept.

• I don't know what the revisions are and cannot track changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reduction in price

I really think you guys should do something about your pricing model.

For a beginner UX designer like me, it was really nice to be able to achieve all the things that could with Sketch individual pricing for just $99 a year. The only reason I switch to XD was because I moved off the Apple platform for obvious reasons...

I think that your pricing model is insane for the average person looking to learn and experiment.

And saying that the AdobeXD app is free is not sufficient, as you really do need photoshop and illustrator to work as an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Revert to previous file version

I have created a linked Design System file and now one of the designers has overwritten some of my elements. I can go back in the version history and open a version before the mistake was made but I can't revert to that version. Because many files link to the source Design System file, I can't just make a new one and send it out — the orginal linked file needs to be maintained.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Vote down (this helps bad ideas to be pushed back by the community)

Voting is great but without the ability to down vote bad ideas still accumulate and they don't get pushed back by the community.

So to be clear...
    vote up (we currently have this)
    vote down (requested here)

I hope this gets voted up haha :)

ps - yes I completely understand that the good ideas get more votes. However there are thousands of ideas and without the communities ability to push back the ideas keep accumulating votes and thus stay relevant.

e.g. An idea that has been live for a year may only have 5 votes which means that it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to Organize Cloud Documents by Favorites/Priority

I can never find the Cloud document I need. Last modifies is great but sometimes I need a file I worked on a month ago. Please allow easier organization of files by allowing to star favorites, like Dropbox, or some other way to keep important files at the top

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support for Apple Time Machine

I'm trying to figure out how to enable XD to support Apple Time Machine (versioning) so I can roll back some changes to a prior version of an XD file. Since I don't see a clear way to enable that, and it doesn't appear to be enabled by default, my guess it that it will need to be a feature request.

Automated versioning is built into MacOS, supporting it in XD would be a time saver for users. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Live preview in a browser

I have realized that when working on different devices using Adobe XD, the option it gives us to preview our designs is a bit inefficient. This is considered to be to the "desktop preview" We do not present the measures as in theory should be seen since when designing on different screen sizes like a mac and then continue on a different laptop or computer either to analyzing the design or correcting errors shows a drastic change. My suggestion is that they can implement a pre-visualization option in the browser like the one that Adobe Dreamweaver gives us, this facilitates…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Sign-in from Multiple Adobe IDs

I have a personal Adobe account and access to a company Adobe account. However, I only have one computer, and I do not plan on buying a second mac just to facilitate 2 Adobe accounts.

This leaves me with following problem: I have to sign in/out all the time to view my different projects. This is extremely inconvenient and wastes time unnecessarily.

Please let users be signed in to multiple accounts simultaneously, so that work flow isn't constantly disrupted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base