Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. Recently (and I'm ware this is my fault) I unlinked a Cloud (master) doc and lost all my components, with no way to get them back.

I've learnt my lesson but I just clicking an 'x' without warning and something this major happening seems like it should display a warning to the affects of doing so. I thought the links would break but relinking the doc instantly would relink the components - I only (stupidly) did this so the XD would inherit the the Cloud (master) docs assets order. As I have so many it's chaos if they're not in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. I have a lot of files saved in the cloud documents, yet the open file dialog is so tiny that it's difficult getting an overview of all the files.

Yet where the start screen is resizable, the open dialog is fixed.

Please let me resize the open file dialog as I see fit.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. WHY did you remove the availability to open files from my computer from the open menu? Stop trying to force everyone to use the cloud. Were users banging down your door demanding that you split the OPEN FILE functionality into two separate functions depending on whether or not you wanted to open from the cloud or open from your computer!?!?
    So many things you could be fixing or improving so why waste time on something that was never broken.
    Command O has been a learned behavior for decades. Just dumb.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. my local drive is filled with the cache of previously opened cloud documents. why is the cache not cleared automatically?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. I have created group folders for my assets in the library file but each time I open I have to choose to view by group as the default is by type. And sharing the lbrary with the team also presents the same issue. Whichever state the library was last saved in should be the default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When opening a library file it would be good to have the folders collapsed or have a choice of collapsing all at once. Otherwise its complete overwhelming as a starting point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Abilty to have dividers or grouping of folders in the library file. Currently I have a lot of groups of things in one long list i have created folders just as dividers so i can better group folders of content but having built it dividers would solve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. The icon for Adobe XD in the Windows 10 Startmenu does not have the same style as the other Adobe-apps. It has white background and the logo is much bigger.
    This is when the icon is set to the size "Small". When set to "Medium" it looks ok.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Accessibility plugin to test a design's accessibility with WebAIM https://webaim.org. Or the ability for a prototype to be read by the WAVE Web Accessibility App. https://wave.webaim.org

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Every time I open XD it opens in the same size window not bothering to remember that I last had the program open across two monitors filling the screens top to bottom, with the preview window open and zoomed into a specific artboard. And, XD never opens a document to the last place I edited it. It's always scrunched up small in the center of the screen.

How about remembering the positions and size of the application windows and the locations within each document I was last editing so I don't need to rearrange my workspace and go searching for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Perhaps it would be possible, especially in collaboration mode (e.g. XD), to follow the icons of the employees / team members or to see which area they are currently working on. - As an example, you can look at the collaboration app Miro.

Verfolgung Teammitglieder

Vielleicht wäre es möglich gerade im Zusammenarbeitsmodus (bsp. XD) über die Icons der Mitarbeiter/Teammitglieder, diese zu verfolgen bzw. zu sehen auf welcher Fläche sie gerade tätig sind. – als Beispiel kann man sich die Kollaborationsapp Miro anschauen.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. Swatch .svg files that are created in illustrator should be compatible in Adobe XD like it is in other Adobe products.

Currently .svg files that include a swatch pattern turn black when imported into Adobe XD. I was told that this feature is not available in XD.

A swatch .svg is used at times to help lower files size for better website performances. I use/create them in illustrator and would love to have them compatible with Adobe XD so the assets can easily be shared and downloaded via XD link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adobe Cloud files should be exchangeable with the creative cloud files. Its frustrating to work in a team that uses both creative cloud library and XD cloud documents and they aren't synced. At least make it so the shared links are smart enough to recognize the file name and not create a new link if there was already a link created for the XD cloud version of the file

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I was trying to rename multiple layers at once but I can only select 1 layer at a time when I search on the layers panel. XD does not allow me to select multiple layers right now.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. My team cannot use Adobe's cloud for collaboration. We must be able to create a document without automatically saving the document to Adobe's cloud. Further, for a desktop app, local storage should be the default and CMD+S should work as expected.

Updating XD and finding that our documents no longer existed on our desktop was unexpected and we've lost time figuring out where our documents went and figuring out how to restore our workflow, and we will continue to lose time deleting files from Adobe's cloud and dealing with duplicate files every time someone forgets to explicitly save a file…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. Hi, I have designed a very long page, it's a detail page, so it contains hundreds of objects, but when I export this artboard to png, many objects are disappear on the png, seems there is limitation of objects number when export, it can't export so many objects for a single page. So I don't know how to share this page to the developers, since I can't split it into pieces because the objects / elements should be on a single page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I'm arranging several windows next to each other on my screen, or decreasing the window size for any other good reason, I can't see the full file name anymore. There's still ample space to show it, but the bar clearly prioritises a lot of empty space over informational clarity...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When opening Xd I see the recents on the welcome-screen. Please let me clear that list of items with a button next to the title as well as right-click individual items (which has a second item to delete all as well).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll leave this in for consideration. You can currently clear all documents from your recently used list through File > Open Recent > Clear Menu

20. Provide a menu named Assets at Home page, just under Add-ons.

So we can manage assets for global useage.

Assets can be listed as global assets and specific projects assets.

I made a rough design for this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)