Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to exclude artboard background color/layers on export

Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export device-specific icons at different resolutions

Please provide options for exporting app icon and splash automatically, in every size requested by iOS and Android (as actually XD does with general assets), avoiding a Photoshop action.
    Thank you very much.

Updated:
    App icons need to be exported at different (specific) dimensions than the typical 1x, 2x, and 3x required by in-app assets. This request specifically reflects the needs for application icons.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export native code snippets for transition animations

Exporting fancy animated interactions as Swift Code, Objective-C, Java, Etc... To help out the developers

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy SVG Code

I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you export to SVG, you should have your fonts and images available. Once you output, drag your SVG into a browser to ensure that it’s exported correctly. You might also want to try embedding your images instead of linking them, just in case Sketch doesn’t import the SVG correctly. I’m going to leave this open as a suggestion in the meantime.
    -Elaine

5. Generator-like functionality - export many assets in a batch, auto update later

It'd be really handy to be able to output completely app-ready assets through a sort of PS generator-like functionality.

Although it is possible to manage all of your assets in Photoshop, XD would seem to me to be a much more logical place to control and ultimately output them.

e.g:

First of all when you create a document you are more or less defining the platform that the app is for, so you already know what type of output that is needed, or it could be defined at export time.

If you need to export for an Android application (for…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export to Adobe Animate CC to add animation

It would be great to have an integration with adobe ANIMATE CC therefore just to make some code snippets, and the backbone codification, but to have all the assets linked as screens in the timeline of Adobe animate cc would be great, improving the time that an app can need to be published.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Choose export settings & export multiple elements to one file

In the process of exporting individual elements - there's no interface that lets you choose file type or any other settings. Also exporting overlapping design elements exports as tow image files. Would be nice to have an option to control that option.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow selection of antialiasing style on export

I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Possibility to add timestamp/version note on export artboards

I share prototype sketches with developers in the team. Each time I update sketch I need somehow to inform them about that. I try to add version and timestamp so they can make sure they follow the latest revision.

Proposal: File > Export... > (Add timestamp / Version / Note)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Developer to download different types of fonts like .ttf .woff and .otf

When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export to nested folders

The ability to name artboards and assets with some criteria (for example, a forward slash: "ARTBOARD1/IMAGE2/iOS/BACKGROUND") which would automatically generate nested folders upon export.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add fallback font when exporting text to SVG

When exporting text to SVG, a generic fallback font should be specified after the original font, e.g. sans-serif for Helvetica Neue.

Idea posted initially here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/14534772-exported-svgs-lack-default-fallback-sans-serif-f

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Preview the assets before exporting out to PNG or SVG.

Preview the assets before exporting out to PNG or SVG.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ignore locked objects when exporting

Ability to ignore locked objects when exporting assets. This way we could use locked objects as grids and not having those show up in the exported PNGs.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export: PNG 8 and PNG8 with alpha channel

Would like support for PNG8 and PNG8 with alpha channel. (as an example, I exported a single asset from XD and it came in at 4 K. I took that same asset and opened it in fireworks, and exported as PNG 8 with not loss of quality and it exported at 1.5 KB... this becomes even more useful with larger assets or sprite sheets where the difference could be between 400 KB vs 150 KB.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically vectorize icon fonts on export

We using in our project Font Awesome 5 pro, and i have issue with my workflow. Basically i find icon on web https://fontawesome.com and click to copy glyph or for known icons i just type "star" or "exclamation" etc. Everything works for me until i need to export data for programmers. If i mark icon for export, XD just export svg with textfield filled with glyph from font, but its useless as icon export. I need some option to mark icons to vectorize before exporting. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support Bezier point data on export of SVG

I have issue with SVG generated by XD for usage in Icon Font generator. I use this one: https://www.npmjs.com/package/gulp-iconfont

There is online generator:
    http://nfroidure.github.io/svgiconfont/

I attach one example file generate by XD: heart-xd.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/272g0m1g202H/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.09%20odp..png

And one re-saved by Illustrator: heart-illustator.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/28382e3k2v0C/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.56%20odp..png

Because if I open the svg in illustrator and re-save it, it'll work fine. I am suspecting the svg syntax in XD doesn't work properly.

I got information that XD SVG does not export bezier point data so scenario you’re describing is expected with how the feature is currently designed.

Maybe connected to this request:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/31672270-better-svg-export

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to name individual exports during the export process

When I export, the exported file name defaults to the name of the XD file.

I often have multiple pages / flows within one file - however if I want to export for example one particular feature's mockups (5 artboards of the 30 pages I'm working on) into one PDF, I can't name that PDF uniquely.

It makes no sense that I can't specify the file name of what I'm exporting at the time of the export

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support export to .wmf and .emf files

Add support for exporting to these file formats(.wmf and .emf)
    This is valuable to allow maximum flexibility and reduce spacing costs on cloud storage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base