Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PDF Export: better control over page order

I would like to export my art boards into a single PDF in a predefined page order.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just to clarify how it works currently – artboards in the PDF are currently listed based on looking at your artboard layout on XD’s canvas in “reading order." The PDF page order will start with artboards in the topmost row left to right, then move on to the next row of artboards below that (starting with the leftmost artboard again), etc.

2. Better PDF export options - color profiles and presets

I would like to see the Illustrator export to PDF window, where you have presets and total control over the PDF creation.
    Right now I had a day work, exported it as PDF pages and was terrified by the colors and quality. Had to redo all the work in Illustrator again...

So PDF export options and color profile choices.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FTP support

Please support FTP to a server on export.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export XML Layout Code for Android

Based on the Android components I would like the export all my layouts with assets. I would to import the xml document into my Android studio and drag the assets into Android studio have most of the front end tools layout everything.

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include Artboard title when printing to PDF

I printed my PDF but it would be nice if I could have the option to include the Artboard title added to each one (sort of like the UI).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export on drag out of layers panel

I’d love to be able to drag individual (or more at the same time) selected artboards and groups from the Layers panel out of XD, making it export as PNGs.

That way I can quickly share my designs with other people – drag and drop to Slack, email, messages etc., similar to how in Sketch you can drag the little previews from the right panel.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dedicated Export workspace to extract CSS styles, measurements, assets

It would be very useful having one more tab after Design and Prototype called "Export" for example. It would let developers easily see all the necessary information about any element like the size and color of the text, the size of a button and it's position on the screen, and so on, and then easily export any element. From there

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PDF Bookmarks named with the Artboard Titles

When exporting artboards to a PDF, the artboard title should be included in some way.

I think this could be as simple as creating a bookmark for each artboard.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export size options (e.g. export only 2x version)

The ability to select my sizes for export would be nice. At times I work on apps (as strange as it may sound) that do not require all resolutions of artwork (1x, 2x, 3x) An option to select my would be great. Similar to how Sketch handles it.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  40 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export assets for UWP apps

Are there plans to add export presets for UWP apps? UWP assets are required to be 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 4x. There also needs to be a filename suffix (.scale-100.png, .scale-125.png, .scale-150.png, .scale-200.png, and *.scale-400.png).

Ideally this would be added as an option in addition to the current presets (Web, iOS, Android, UWP). Alternatively, you can allow users to make their own presets (like Sketch recently did).

Thanks for considering.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disable IDs in SVG export

I'm a frontend developer and we export SVG's to use them inline in our HTML.

When you export an SVG (non-minified) you will see that all your paths/polygons etc. have id's attached to them. To avoid having multiple ID's it would be great if you can turn this off.

I noticed that the minified export does this however it would be great if you can also do this for non-minified versions, since sometimes we still have to edit the SVG a bit, or add custom classes/id's when manipulating elements within the SVG.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export: Customize File Names and Structures

On export, bring up a dialog that allows you to customize size and naming scheme for each file and save that as a template/preference. Not everyone wants to follow the Android directories. So it would be nice if we could export images into one directory with names (e.g. logo640.png, logo480.png...or...logo.png, logo@2x.png, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better export options for graphics with effects

If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XD export feature to xCode

Add xCode export to the list of functions... great for informative apps

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you tell us more about how you’d like this to work? Do you want XD to export image assets and insert them directly into the correct folders/filenames in an existing Xcode project? Or do you want XD to generate Objective-C / Swift code to create a brand new Xcode project?

16. Remember previously exported objects

If you've changed numerous assets you should be able to hit export and by default it will reexport them all to the same location as before, like Sketch's "Make Exportable" feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improved SVG export for width, height, and color

SVG export should emulate Sketch's exporting SVG code (with accompanying height and width attributes included natively). Not as it currently does without height and width. This should also be changed in Illustrator too.

• Set height

• Set width

• Address color shift

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve updated this idea with the specific callouts for height/width support and addressing the color shift. It’s possible we might need to split this story up in the future, but I’m leaving it this way for now.

-Elaine

18. Collect library of assets for export

Here my idea for exporting asset that I call Asset Mode.
    Workflow:
    1. Choose Assets you want to export in Design Mode by right click > Send to Assets
    2. Switch to Asset Mode
    3. Change wifth, heigh, position, background of assets
    4. Choose scales (1x, 2x,...)
    5. Export
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWa0Z-qke5g&feature=youtu.be
    XD Prototype: http://adobe.ly/1O438HI

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Flag hidden text on Export

When exporting (to PDF, PNG, anything) scan to see if any text is hidden inside text boxes (of the artboards that are being exported) and warn the user that there is some hidden text. Just of the artboards or assets that are being exported, however. e.g. If I'm exporting pages 1 - 4, don't tell me there's some hidden text on page 5.

(look at InDesign for example of this functionality).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export Xaml code for building Universal Windows Platform Applications (UWP)

Help us quickly get from concept to working prototype for our Windows 10/HoloLens/WinPhone/Xbox apps by streamlining created content from XD to XAML.

Add support for exporting (or copying to clipboard) XAML. Make it intelligent enough to convert things like repeat grids to GridViews.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base