Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recursive exporting of all assets inside groups

Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1

-asset 1.1.1

-asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select the bit size of image in png format (8 bit, 32 bit)

I want to select the bit size of image(8bit / 32bit..) in png format in XD.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Design for one Platform export for multiple platforms (Example: iOS icons/designs to android sizes)

We do design in iPhone 5 size that 320x568 and we have script for illustrator, which will give export GUI, where we can select export size options for both iOS, android and web sizes. This way we don't have to design icons separately for other platforms. Have attached screenshots for reference, there you can see option to set base frame size used to design this will do the calculations in background and will export scaled icons for other selected sizes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export from XD to Sketch

Using XD currently, were other members in team are using sketch.
    Not able to deliver required (sketch) file format to front end developers.

Frond end devs are using only sketch to read, since majority are using it.

Option to "export to sketch" would solve the file deliverable problem.

1,207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

259 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PDF Export - compression options to reduce file size

Exported PDF are too big. Please add compression options like InDesign.

393 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-progress  ·  136 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export whole artboards (or entire project) as HTML

It would be great to Export Prototypes as pure HTML Projects. I am working a lot on Multiscreen apps, where I mostly use Serveal Webcontainers Running on several Screens, to develop those Applications.

2,710 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  305 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export to BMP

Next to work for web and apps, I also do work for custom interfaces. These interfaces lack support for png, jpg or svg. It would be great if the exporting of assets can also be done to a 'simple' bitmap.

Right now my workflow is to use Illustrator for this, but this lacks the flexibility and simplicity of working in Adobe XD.

My proposal for this would be:

• Add a format option in the export dialog with BMP.

• Add an extra option to choose the background color for all exported artboards, shapes or symbols.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Covert text to paths when exporting svg

• Text stays editable in the original document
    • I won't have to convert all texts to paths manually (which can be a lot of work)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show link to export folder, when export is complete

I would like to see a link to my export folder (or open the export folder automatically) when my export is complete.

It would optimize my workflow, since I use my exported assets immediately. F.ex. to use in invision etc... now I have to browse separately to the folder.

Example:
    In Balsamiq a small link is shown "go there", in the confirmation message when my export is complete.

other suggestion: maybe an additional checkbox in the export settings: "open folder when complete".

It's a small feature, but every 10 seconds per export I can save, would make me happy :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export SVG with artboard boundary, without transform

When you export icons to SVG format, you need artboard to fit the illustrations for clear SVG code. Like Adobe Illustrator.

Now XD adds superfluous information like transform().

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

Can you give us more details about your workflow and how the transform impacts you?

Cheers,
    M.

12. Export assets to an "asset" directory in the same location as the *.xd file

the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export to iOS and Android simultaneously

Right now, if I have an icon that I need to export for both iOS and Android, I have to run through the export process twice. It would be nice if "Export for" was a multi-select checkbox instead of a radio button.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

[Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

Xd Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.3.114
    Adobe Illustrator Version : 21.1.0 (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.608

1. Create any 2 shapes in Xd. Make them any color but white.

2. Create a 3rd shape and overlay(top layer)that so the previous two shapes are totally covered

3. Select this 3rd shape and apply blur (amount: 8 | brightness: 0 | opacity: 0%)

4. Select page

5. Export .svg (embed image)

6. Open .svg in Adobe Illustrator

Result
    No blur. See Ai_NoBlur.png

Expected Result
    See AiBlur.ai
    1. I made a group

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Blur for the exported SVG will be implemented in a future version of XD. Will let you know once that is publicly available.

Cheers,
    M.

15. Export SVG With Inline Styles

If you'll use exported SVG graphics as a code embedded into your HTML (but not as an external .svg image) you encounter CSS issues.
    The problem is in <style></style> which you generate on SVG export. Every path in SVG has its class name and they all are named like "a", "b", "c" etc… (image 1 attached)
    1. These classes may cause conflict with existing classes, in case I already have "a", "b", "c" classes in my HTML.
    2. These classes will interfere styles of other SVGs exported from XD and embedded on the page.

Solution:
    Remove classes and generate inline…

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Separate Quality Settings for 1x and 2x JPEG Export

2x JPEGs typically should be compressed more than 1x JPEGs, so being able to individually set quality would be extremely useful, otherwise I have to do two separate exports (each with a different quality) and merge the results.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export Illustrator file

A client is requesting to have assets in Illustrator format. Basically, I want to be able to export from XD as an Illustrator file with the options to save images as linked or embedded. This is similar to the SVG export option, except that SVG I think has a file size limit of about 15 MB. When I export as an SVG at a large size, XD fails. Exporting as Illustrator with supported text boxes (not breaking them into individual text lines and not outlining the text either. Just easy and editable from XD to Illustrator. XD export as SVG…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

I would like to understand more about the limitation of the export as SVG as i am not aware of any limit. Are you talking about a limit in the application that consumes the SVG, like a browser or Illustrator?

In general, if you choose to export with embedded images, the size of SVG will become large and it will be hard to process it in other application.

Cheers,
    M.

18. Name PDF File Name when exporting to PDF

Currently when you export to PDF there is no option to name the PDF file you are saving, even if you've only selected a few artboards, meaning I have to go back onto the desktop after the fact and edit the filename of the exported PDF.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export interactive prototype as native mobile app (iOS, Android)

Hi,

I'm Head of Brand Management in a marketing department. And more and more often we need to make a simple app to our colleagues in sales. Very simple functionality but vital information. The problem is that our development department do not have time and recourses to help us doing the coding for us.
    So basically my suggestions is quite simple: Why can't Adobe XD have a export or build function like nativ.com or Appy Pie where you can build an app without coding. I do my designs in XD, Photoshop etc. and I have a licens for Adobe CC…

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save export location with file

Currently the default location to export your assets is the last location used. I work in several different projects throughout the day and need to export to different locations. It would be great if the default location for exporting assets stayed with the individual XD file instead of being system wide.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base