Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export to Axure

Xd is perfect to design experiences and interfaces. But as UX designer i also need to work with Axure.

I realy need a plugin that would allow to exports my designs to Axure so i could build prototypes easily.

Thank you

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exporting animations into .json file (from XD) without using After effect & Lottie

Add the possibility to export micro-animations directly into .json files from Adobe XD.

The process for creating a micro-animation for native iOS & Android app is a real, real pain in the a**. For now, we need to export the design into After Effect, then animate it (again) to export it with Lottie.

Since Adobe XD can create animations pretty easily with auto-animate, we should be able to export an animation straight into .json file (without using After Effect and Lottie). That feature would let us save a lot of time!

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SVG should not transform translate

Exporting vector graphic shouldn't transform translate at all!
    When exporting e.g. icon why there is "data-name" and transform="translate"? Svg's are very often animated, or changed on hover. Sometimes element inside might be moving and translate is perfect for moving path where you cant change x and y. I understand maybe its faster for adobe xd to calculate translate when moving element but at least on export paths should be recalculated to have NONE of translate's. I'm not even sure if we can call it a feature, its more like bug that produces totally unnecessary attributes. When exporting, file should be…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export to OAM file

Convert an Adobe XD file into an OAM file or export as OAM file, example Adobe Edge Animate (OAM)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Live Previews of Prototypes in Slack

When I paste a link into Slack, I'd like to see a Live Preview of my prototype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to export entire screens at a custom size

I would like the ability to export entire screens at a custom size for use in promotional designs and print settings. When choosing "export for design" it exports it at an unusable quality with no option to export at a higher resolution. When everything is being designed with vector elements it makes no sense that I can't export at a higher resolution. The only workaround I have found is to export for android and only take the highest resolution, but this is a hassle and still somewhat limiting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PDF export options: artboard title, 2-up view, prototype links

In the PDF export process, there should be some check boxes.

One should allow you to include the Artboard title.

One should allow you to arrange the Artboard's in 2, 4 and 6 up options on a page (I accomplish this by opening in Preview on the Mac and printing as PDF and using the Mac's layout feature), but it would be nice to have it built into XD.

One should allow for printing the Prototype links between Artboard elements, using some type of ability to tile the output to a multiple page pdf that can be printed and reassembled…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Utilize components and text styles sections of Zeplin

Export the created assets in XD into the "Components" and "Text Styles" sections in Zeplin

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Gradients from XD to AE

When exporting to AE - anything that is a gradient gets rasterized even if the object is vector.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export PDFs with transparency

Right now it seems that I can export vector graphics as PNGs with transparent backgrounds but this is not true for PDFs. Even when I uncheck FILL, the PDF is still exported with a white fill.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add export to context menu on artboards

Would it be possible to introduce a short-cut option (right-click on Mac) to export each page directly from an artboard?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically vectorize icon fonts on export

We using in our project Font Awesome 5 pro, and i have issue with my workflow. Basically i find icon on web https://fontawesome.com and click to copy glyph or for known icons i just type "star" or "exclamation" etc. Everything works for me until i need to export data for programmers. If i mark icon for export, XD just export svg with textfield filled with glyph from font, but its useless as icon export. I need some option to mark icons to vectorize before exporting. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export Adobe XD art boards to Keynote files

I just saw some really amazing slide decks at Adobe Max made using Adobe Xd. I make a ton of slide decks and would love to make these decks in Xd and be able to export them as Keynote files, so other people (no designers) can use and edit the same file in keynote.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Convert text to curves on assets on export

Hey! It would be great to have the assets marked to export to be converted to curves when published on the design specs page.

Today, when I mark a Font Awesome icon built with ligatures for export, the devs (who export all assets in SVG) get an icon with the character from the font itself and not the vector asset.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export artboard as high quality image(s)

This was previously suggested but it seemed like it needed to be reposted (if not, feel free to delete this request).

Outside of maybe SVG for obviously (?) reasons, the exported file looks pixelated. The exports do not look presentable--I've been better off with screenshots but screenshots are screenshots. I would love if this request gets a second look.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export to PDF in order to Artboard Z-index

currently export to PDF is can only be sorted by the left-right, top-down arrangement. Often there are usecases to arrange your artboards in an arrangment other than left-right, top-down, and so would need some other arbitrary way to choose the order of artboards to pages in a PDF. The Artboards panel already can be sorted arbitrarily, so would be a natural fit, if a user could export to PDF with an option to use the order it appears in the Artboards list, and this would also mirror the behavior in Illustrator and Fireworks.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Recursive exporting of all assets inside groups

Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1

-asset 1.1.1

-asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remember Save path for Each XD file

I face this issue everytime when I export any asset. The solution for this is simple. If we can make XD to remember different saving path for different files.

For example:
    There are two files Project1.xd and Project2.xd

Suppose we are working on "Project1.xd" and we exported some assets to path "D:\Project1\Assets". Everything is fine.

Now we are working on "Project2.xd" and we want to export some assets. We selected the path "D:\Project2\Assets". No issues till now.

Now the problem comes in. Now we again worked on "Project1.xd" and again we want to export assets. Now we find the path…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adjust error message when exporting to a file open in another app

I needed to overwrite a file when exporting it. However, I spent approximately 20 minutes trying to figure out why I kept getting the error "There was a problem exporting your asset. We'd love to understand what went wrong so that we can fix this for you. Please tell us about the problem here."

I finally realized that this was because I was overwriting an opened file (I was viewing it in Adobe reader). As a software engineer to a team of software engineers, I highly recommend making the errors much more specific to the issue.

if File.isOpen()
    sendError("Please close…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rename file name while exporting

Its always troublesome for me since I do multiple versions or corrections. It always replaces the existing files. To rename I have to totally change the xd project file name. It will be easy to rename while exporting to PDF.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base