Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export to Photoshop / PSD format

this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

1,501 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

348 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export to BMP

Next to work for web and apps, I also do work for custom interfaces. These interfaces lack support for png, jpg or svg. It would be great if the exporting of assets can also be done to a 'simple' bitmap.

Right now my workflow is to use Illustrator for this, but this lacks the flexibility and simplicity of working in Adobe XD.

My proposal for this would be:

• Add a format option in the export dialog with BMP.

• Add an extra option to choose the background color for all exported artboards, shapes or symbols.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate Quality Settings for 1x and 2x JPEG Export

2x JPEGs typically should be compressed more than 1x JPEGs, so being able to individually set quality would be extremely useful, otherwise I have to do two separate exports (each with a different quality) and merge the results.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export to iOS and Android simultaneously

Right now, if I have an icon that I need to export for both iOS and Android, I have to run through the export process twice. It would be nice if "Export for" was a multi-select checkbox instead of a radio button.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Render the artboard background color behind the assets when exporting to JPG

Exporting assets (like a row of buttons) as JPG turns the transparent space to white - it should change it to the artboards background colour (or even better, give the user the option to use the background colour or not)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export all artboards to a single (PNG, JPG, PDF)

The ability to save a PNG or JPG file with all the artboards in the file
    I'd like to save my artboards to a single file, but I can only currently export a series of images of each artboard. I've provided an example below, which I've stitched together in Photoshop.

Poder Guardar un archivo .PNG o .JPG con todas las mesas de trabajo como lo esta ya haciendo Photoshop cc

Buenas amigos la idea seria que al guardar mis mesas si tengo un archivo extenso se puedan guardar todas al mismo tiempo como .PNG o . JPG como lo hace…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give a specific error when writing to a PDF that is already open

Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export SVG with artboard boundary, without transform

When you export icons to SVG format, you need artboard to fit the illustrations for clear SVG code. Like Adobe Illustrator.

Now XD adds superfluous information like transform().

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

Can you give us more details about your workflow and how the transform impacts you?

Cheers,
    M.

10. CONVERT TO CODE

We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

338 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

11. [Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

[Windows] Exporting from Xd (.svg) to Adobe Illustrator - Blur Not Showing

Xd Version: 0.8.22.17 Beta, CS 2.4.3.114
    Adobe Illustrator Version : 21.1.0 (64-bit)
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    OS Build 15063.608

1. Create any 2 shapes in Xd. Make them any color but white.

2. Create a 3rd shape and overlay(top layer)that so the previous two shapes are totally covered

3. Select this 3rd shape and apply blur (amount: 8 | brightness: 0 | opacity: 0%)

4. Select page

5. Export .svg (embed image)

6. Open .svg in Adobe Illustrator

Result
    No blur. See Ai_NoBlur.png

Expected Result
    See AiBlur.ai
    1. I made a group

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Blur for the exported SVG will be implemented in a future version of XD. Will let you know once that is publicly available.

Cheers,
    M.

12. Better svg export

Adobe Creative Design supports svg export which is great, but the resulting svg is a little bit suboptimal. For example, if i create a simple circle, give it a stroke-width of 4 with some color and a fill
    the resulting svg contains a group element containing 2 circles, one with a fill and the other with a stroke.

It would be great if the exported svg could be cleaner. I attached some sample files. the "exported.svg" is the file exported from Adobe XD, the "edited.svg" contains the svg, which yields the same result but is cleaner.

A cleaner…

267 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

The feature that allows you to control the position of stroke: inside/center/outside was started and it will be available in the future versions of Adobe XD. Will let you know once the feature becomes available.

Cheers,
    M.

13. Maintain creation order of artboards when exporting to pdf

Artboard export to pdf is currently top left to bottom right. When linking to the PDF from InDesign this may mess up the links if artboards are rearranged or added later.

An option to change this behavior to be closer to Illustrator would fix this issue. I.e. export in order of creation.

Unless there is another way to reference XD files from within InDesign?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Better export options for graphics with effects

If I, say, create a round icon at 150px without any detail such as a drop shadow or glow, it will happily export at 150px.

However, this size is increased on export with the addition of a drop shadow or glow detail etc. For example, to 168px. (The same principle would effect a shape or text element.) Currently, using the same 150px icon with drop shadow example, the asset size on the artboard does not take this into account, but still shows as overall size as 150px, even though exporting increases this.

It would be useful to have an option…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export Illustrator file

A client is requesting to have assets in Illustrator format. Basically, I want to be able to export from XD as an Illustrator file with the options to save images as linked or embedded. This is similar to the SVG export option, except that SVG I think has a file size limit of about 15 MB. When I export as an SVG at a large size, XD fails. Exporting as Illustrator with supported text boxes (not breaking them into individual text lines and not outlining the text either. Just easy and editable from XD to Illustrator. XD export as SVG…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

I would like to understand more about the limitation of the export as SVG as i am not aware of any limit. Are you talking about a limit in the application that consumes the SVG, like a browser or Illustrator?

In general, if you choose to export with embedded images, the size of SVG will become large and it will be hard to process it in other application.

Cheers,
    M.

19. PDF Bookmarks named with the Artboard Titles

When exporting artboards to a PDF, the artboard title should be included in some way.

I think this could be as simple as creating a bookmark for each artboard.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preserve element name as ID name on SVG export

We use the SVG output of AdobeXD to build our websites faster. But the only problem is the lack of meaningful names of the SVG elements in the exported file. It should be very helpful to name any element or group inside AdobeXD and preserve that name as svg id when exporting to svg. Including color and gradient names, repeaters names and interactive click spots.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base