Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. When exporting have a toggle that allows you to export at either the layer size (IE - cropped to the size of the text) or artboard size (IE - 300x250 for a big box banner ad).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. As a user, In adobeXD Hyperlink will also work on exporting artboard into pdf formate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1) Similar to the Asset Export window in Adobe illustrator
    2) Easy to Select All / Deselect All
    3) Easy to rename (each asset individually) and format (add prefix/suffix and replace text of multiple assets)
    4) Select multiple export formats at once: PNG+SVG+WEBP+etc...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be incredibly helpful to expose some of the Export dialogue options for non-designer team members.

1. Allow free, and authorized users to browse an Adobe XD Library (specifically components and component states)
    2. Give users the ability to export Library components/assets from the web with tools similar to the "Asset Export" panel in Adobe Illustrator.
    3. Right now the tools on the Library website are incredibly clunky and not user-friendly. They are not designed for presentation and browsing, and it is hard to see details in the images in the “Share” link export.

Thank you.

It would be a huge workflow relief…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Figma can export their files to XD WITH all the folders. Everything is perfect.
    Why can't XD do the same when exporting XD to AE? Right now we get massive layers losing folders and all the required organization of elements.

Both products are from the same company. Seems it should be easy. :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When images are placed in shapes rather than an actual mask, there's no way to export the full image rather than just the image in its masked form. It would be great if we could do that. At the moment, I have to open the image in photoshop and export it from there in order to get the full unmasked version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Since tga is a pretty common standard in Game Development, because of its capabilities of saving a seperated alpha channel. Just be able to export tga right from XD without the need of Photoshop would speed up my prozess.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. --- Idea ---
    For organizations maintaining a design system web site or document, it would be fantastic if users could "copy" a component (like a Button) from the documentation and paste it directly into XD.

--- Why? ---
    This would save designers from having to browse or search the XD library separately, since they're already in the design system documentation.

--- How? ---
    Perhaps XD could offer a new Export option for exporting in the same format used by copy-and-paste within XD? Then in a design system website, organizations could offer a "Copy XD Component" button that writes that same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The previous export settings let you say what resolution the asset was designed at (very flexible)---the new one doesn't allow for this and makes it much harder when designing at higher resolution and wanting to automate scaling down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The october 2021 update brings a new export screen with fewer options. The one i'm missing is to set what resolution my project is.

Some projects I made in @2x but now, when I export it, XD assumes it is @1x, so everything is not exported properly.

Please, come back with the resolution option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Now there's the ability to include lottie files within your design and mark for export, it would be a huge benefit to allow the actual export of the json file rather than as an image format. This would aid developers, allowing design teams to supply all file types through the specs.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Please make "Export for Screens" in Illustrator available in Adobe XD.

2. After I set all things done in illustrator and exported the file to XD, I found that the assets I set in illustrator had not been saved in XD. Could you add this feature to XD to make the software recognise the assets as "Mark for Export"?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Please note that we have export for different screens sizes already available in our Export menu. I’ll convert this ticket to be about your second request.

12. All export targets

File-> Export-> All Export Targets
    Can you consider displaying a confirmation dialog such as "Export XXX files? Export / Cancel" when you select this flow? (Or you can interrupt this operation)

Reason: When you want to output only one artboard, select "File-> Export-> Selected Objects", but sometimes you click "All Export Targets" due to an operation error. If all the images to be exported in the file are output, it will take a while to wait for processing, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could implement a method to avoid such an operation error. is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi

If I have a dropdown that is collapsed when sharing my assets are not visible for download in the developers link. Not even if I expand the dropdown.

If I instead have my dropdown as expanded when sharing generating the link, the assets are visible in the developers link – until I collapse the dropdown. Then they are unavailable.

The assets should be available when the dropdown is open, whether it is done manually in the developers link or if the dropdown is expanded prior to generating the link.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When creating composite assets (e.g. a photograph + text) in XD, exporting into a jpg or other format discards the EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata from the photo.

Ideally there would be some way to easily retain/inherit the metadata from one or more components on the exported file.

We currently have to reattribute our custom metadata fields onto the exported image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be a massive time saver to have the option to download assets from a specific library in bulk. Having to click and D/L each asset individually feels prehistoric to me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide command line tool at least for exporting renditions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. All components and their instances should be automatically exportable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PDF - export files too big in size -
    Unfortunately I must to agree with many other responders; exported pdf files are still to big.
    It looks like nothing has changed or is added to this issue. There should be some setting tools to specify the pdf size. Please, open these feature again...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8