Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export assets for UWP apps

Are there plans to add export presets for UWP apps? UWP assets are required to be 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 4x. There also needs to be a filename suffix (.scale-100.png, .scale-125.png, .scale-150.png, .scale-200.png, and *.scale-400.png).

Ideally this would be added as an option in addition to the current presets (Web, iOS, Android, UWP). Alternatively, you can allow users to make their own presets (like Sketch recently did).

Thanks for considering.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export: Customize File Names and Structures

On export, bring up a dialog that allows you to customize size and naming scheme for each file and save that as a template/preference. Not everyone wants to follow the Android directories. So it would be nice if we could export images into one directory with names (e.g. logo640.png, logo480.png...or...logo.png, logo@2x.png, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remember previously exported objects

If you've changed numerous assets you should be able to hit export and by default it will reexport them all to the same location as before, like Sketch's "Make Exportable" feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export on drag out of layers panel

I’d love to be able to drag individual (or more at the same time) selected artboards and groups from the Layers panel out of XD, making it export as PNGs.

That way I can quickly share my designs with other people – drag and drop to Slack, email, messages etc., similar to how in Sketch you can drag the little previews from the right panel.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add LDPI and TVDPI to asset export tool

Although you cover the most common Android densities, sometimes you need to cover these resolutions for certain devices, for compatibility and testing purposes. It would be great if you would add a 0,75x (LDPI) and 1,33x (TVDPI) to your android asset export options.

Photoshop and Sketch have a similar tool in which it lets you manually set your export sizes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. FTP support

Please support FTP to a server on export.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save export location with file

Currently the default location to export your assets is the last location used. I work in several different projects throughout the day and need to export to different locations. It would be great if the default location for exporting assets stayed with the individual XD file instead of being system wide.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export SVG With Inline Styles

If you'll use exported SVG graphics as a code embedded into your HTML (but not as an external .svg image) you encounter CSS issues.
    The problem is in <style></style> which you generate on SVG export. Every path in SVG has its class name and they all are named like "a", "b", "c" etc… (image 1 attached)
    1. These classes may cause conflict with existing classes, in case I already have "a", "b", "c" classes in my HTML.
    2. These classes will interfere styles of other SVGs exported from XD and embedded on the page.

Solution:
    Remove classes and generate inline…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flag hidden text on Export

When exporting (to PDF, PNG, anything) scan to see if any text is hidden inside text boxes (of the artboards that are being exported) and warn the user that there is some hidden text. Just of the artboards or assets that are being exported, however. e.g. If I'm exporting pages 1 - 4, don't tell me there's some hidden text on page 5.

(look at InDesign for example of this functionality).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export to Dreamweaver

A great feature would be to export a layout into a format that could be edited in Dreamweaver allowing us to create a layout or UI and then build a final producr straight off of that.

This would speed up the design process and levels of productivity tremendously.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export artboard (as PDF) with 'extra space' added to the artboard edge

When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export device-specific icons at different resolutions

Please provide options for exporting app icon and splash automatically, in every size requested by iOS and Android (as actually XD does with general assets), avoiding a Photoshop action.
    Thank you very much.

Updated:
    App icons need to be exported at different (specific) dimensions than the typical 1x, 2x, and 3x required by in-app assets. This request specifically reflects the needs for application icons.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Developer to download different types of fonts like .ttf .woff and .otf

When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow selection of antialiasing style on export

I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Name PDF File Name when exporting to PDF

Currently when you export to PDF there is no option to name the PDF file you are saving, even if you've only selected a few artboards, meaning I have to go back onto the desktop after the fact and edit the filename of the exported PDF.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include Artboard title when printing to PDF

I printed my PDF but it would be nice if I could have the option to include the Artboard title added to each one (sort of like the UI).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to exclude artboard background color/layers on export

Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export Text

Highlight a Page and export all TEXT BLOCKS as text files for developers to import into CMS.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi Ruth,

I understand what you are saying and thank you for the explanation.

Cheers,
    M.

20. Possibility to add timestamp/version note on export artboards

I share prototype sketches with developers in the team. Each time I update sketch I need somehow to inform them about that. I try to add version and timestamp so they can make sure they follow the latest revision.

Proposal: File > Export... > (Add timestamp / Version / Note)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base