Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. Exporting vector graphic shouldn't transform translate at all!
    When exporting e.g. icon why there is "data-name" and transform="translate"? Svg's are very often animated, or changed on hover. Sometimes element inside might be moving and translate is perfect for moving path where you cant change x and y. I understand maybe its faster for adobe xd to calculate translate when moving element but at least on export paths should be recalculated to have NONE of translate's. I'm not even sure if we can call it a feature, its more like bug that produces totally unnecessary attributes. When exporting, file should be…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Convert an Adobe XD file into an OAM file or export as OAM file, example Adobe Edge Animate (OAM)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I paste a link into Slack, I'd like to see a Live Preview of my prototype.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In the PDF export process, there should be some check boxes.

One should allow you to include the Artboard title.

One should allow you to arrange the Artboard's in 2, 4 and 6 up options on a page (I accomplish this by opening in Preview on the Mac and printing as PDF and using the Mac's layout feature), but it would be nice to have it built into XD.

One should allow for printing the Prototype links between Artboard elements, using some type of ability to tile the output to a multiple page pdf that can be printed and reassembled…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export the created assets in XD into the "Components" and "Text Styles" sections in Zeplin

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When exporting to AE - anything that is a gradient gets rasterized even if the object is vector.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right now it seems that I can export vector graphics as PNGs with transparent backgrounds but this is not true for PDFs. Even when I uncheck FILL, the PDF is still exported with a white fill.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would it be possible to introduce a short-cut option (right-click on Mac) to export each page directly from an artboard?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We using in our project Font Awesome 5 pro, and i have issue with my workflow. Basically i find icon on web https://fontawesome.com and click to copy glyph or for known icons i just type "star" or "exclamation" etc. Everything works for me until i need to export data for programmers. If i mark icon for export, XD just export svg with textfield filled with glyph from font, but its useless as icon export. I need some option to mark icons to vectorize before exporting. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I just saw some really amazing slide decks at Adobe Max made using Adobe Xd. I make a ton of slide decks and would love to make these decks in Xd and be able to export them as Keynote files, so other people (no designers) can use and edit the same file in keynote.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hey! It would be great to have the assets marked to export to be converted to curves when published on the design specs page.

Today, when I mark a Font Awesome icon built with ligatures for export, the devs (who export all assets in SVG) get an icon with the character from the font itself and not the vector asset.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. currently export to PDF is can only be sorted by the left-right, top-down arrangement. Often there are usecases to arrange your artboards in an arrangment other than left-right, top-down, and so would need some other arbitrary way to choose the order of artboards to pages in a PDF. The Artboards panel already can be sorted arbitrarily, so would be a natural fit, if a user could export to PDF with an option to use the order it appears in the Artboards list, and this would also mirror the behavior in Illustrator and Fireworks.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is it possible to export all the assets in the art board embedded inside groups recursively.
    Example:

Group1
    - asset 1
    - Group 1.1
    -asset 1.1.1
    -asset 1.1.2

Expectation after export:
    asset1, asset1.1.1, asset1.1.2 (seperate files)

currently once way to do this is to ungroup and export it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I face this issue everytime when I export any asset. The solution for this is simple. If we can make XD to remember different saving path for different files.

For example:
    There are two files Project1.xd and Project2.xd

Suppose we are working on "Project1.xd" and we exported some assets to path "D:\Project1\Assets". Everything is fine.

Now we are working on "Project2.xd" and we want to export some assets. We selected the path "D:\Project2\Assets". No issues till now.

Now the problem comes in. Now we again worked on "Project1.xd" and again we want to export assets. Now we find the path…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide accessibility to export style guides so that it can be used by developers to design it.
    For Ex: If a project contains 10 variations of text and a color palette, allowing to export those values would be of great help to develop the designs made.

I am attaching a sample image for the idea I am trying to project.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Current functionality is to mark a layer for batch export, which works, but is kind of odd when a symbol is used in multiple places (marking a random one for export feels sort of odd and hard to trace), and when in a repeat grid, for example, marks each instance in the repeat grid for export (meaning duplicates of the same asset in the design spec).

It would make more sense from my end to be able to mark a symbol for export as well, that way the mental model is more system-oriented, and allows for one place to handle…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Now that you guys have added an excellent feature which allows us to download assets from design specs link. please provide a shortcut key to mark for batch export action. because finding things in the layers panel and then right-clicking is very tedious.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to select the bit size of image(8bit / 32bit..) in png format in XD.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For example, all assets would easily be able to be exported to a simple design sheet where all of your used assets are laid out. This is helpful for design briefs and as a guide general branding cohesion.

A design sheet I made in Ai is attached and reflects the type of output I am talking about.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When exporting "single" selected artboard, I would like to have a control over the exported artbard file name.

Now, each time I am exporting new artboard version, I am forced to create a separate folder.

I also export the same artboard few times in a row to present some idea but with different visibility of individual artboard element. Creating folder each time for such export is a nightmare.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)