Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. To avoid conflict between guides and content select (through click and drag), I would propose to either:

A. Switch the active 'guide' area to the right hand side of an artboard or;

B. Allow guide creation to be independently toggled on/off as per the grid feature or;

C. Only enable guide creation if the grid or layout is toggled on.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Smart symbols or symbols with states are discussed elsewhere. But, a super-easy way to implement this would be to simply make "show/hide" layer a symbol property that can be overridden. For example, a button's off state and its hover state could be stacked and either could be hidden in any placed instance.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Replacing Elements. It would be ideal if you could click on any element, graphic or text and right click to get the option replace that element with another graphic etc, rather than only having the option to delete it and then cut and paste and resize and reposition a new graphic element. It would also be nice if we could add sound and video as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Instead of knowing or learning the exact color code, HEX/RGB, it would be really great to actually work with the HUE, saturation and/or black level.
    Within the design system that I've created, the primary color is 204 on the HUE level and every other blue color will have that starting point.
    In Adobe XD, I cannot change the HUE level based on an actual number, but by guessing, which is frustrating and a wrong way of working — I'm currently working with PS opened, just so I be able to work with a proper color picker.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When outlined XD makes text single color disregarding other colors applied within one piece of text - it should preserve all the colors used.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Issue: Unable to scroll / pan & zoom out without keyboard in the design mode

As demonstrated in the screengrab, I wasn't able to pan in the design mode without using keyboard. At ~00:20 I also tried the usual panning technique as in other Adobe applications (PS, ID, Ai, etc), that is to click and drag the mouse from any point on canvas to outside the currently visible area of the canvas, but I wasn't able to.

I was able to scroll vertically using mouse wheel but to do horizontal scrolling Adobe XD forces us to use a keyboard. There…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When you do some complex transitions in prototype mode, you may have an element that is outside a mask and becomes visible in the second screen once within the mask shape.

Currently it's not possible to create a mask if some elements are outside the shape used as a mask. You need to overlap your mask elements with that shape, create a mask and then move the elements outside that shape. Could you please fix this issue?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. we are working on 1200px width: 12 columns, 30px margin and 72.5 column width but cant work with xd cause of decimal value problem. It is not prossible to enter 72.5 at column width.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While I understand the need for precision, creating grids that snap off-pixel actually makes designing for screens less accurate, as it often forces elements to anti-alias, leading to less crisp artwork when you output. Are you absolutely sure you need columns that are off-pixel? If so, can you explain why?

9. The ability to preview the current Artboard in the browser to see how the webdesign looks in the right context. Thanks :)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not sure if I can explain this fully, but here goes. Number adjustments that are not in whole digit pixels, 205.4. When I click down or up should go to 205 or 206 respectively. Not 204.4 206.4. Maybe not necessarily a by default option, but something we can turn on. Occasionally when resizing a group of object, pixel perfect isn't well perfect. In this instance, it would be nice to fix with a quick up or down.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To remove a swatch from the color picker you drag it off the popup.
    https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/1063510766135853057

Well this is a bit obtuse and I only recently learned of it.

Perhaps a tooltip or a right click context menu so this feature is a bit more accessible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fixed elements, such as headings, bottom navigations, floating action buttons, etc, should be spaced from the artboard edge depending on their responsive-resize anchors.

Eg. a header will always be anchored to the top, so that when I resize the artboard, it will stay at the top. Therefore it's position in the prototype will be measured from the top of the screen / artboard.

So, what I am trying to say is kinda hard to explain without an example, so I made a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjslfRSa1QY

My attempt at a textual explanation below:

A floating action button, however, will be anchored to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need better distinction between layers and groups in the layers panel. Possible solution: color blocks, a darker grey block of color behind groups or the ability to color code layers/groups like in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A symbol is highlighted with a green frame when hovering over it and with the same green frame when it is selected. I would like a distinguishable visual indicator for when a symbol is actually selected.

Maybe just finally introduce resizing symbols, then you can display handles around the selection frame, just like any other object! ;)
    -> https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/16939339-scale-resize-symbols-individually

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to have a measurement tool in the toolbox area that allows the designer to create redline layers. Fireworks used to have a ruler tool that would allow something like this. Once a design is approved, it can be quickly marked up with padding and margin spacing info in the same document without having to go to a third party tool.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Color /style brush tool - i imagine that you could sample color (or apearance / font size / specified property) by clicking on object with alt pressed, and then clicking on other objects to apply that style / color etc?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried using the “paste appearance” command? You can copy an object, select another object, and then right click and “Paste Appearance” to apply all applicable styles.

I’m leaving this suggestion open.

17. I am happy the gradient fill is finally possible. What would be great is the ability to add a single gradient to multiple elements, like in the attached image.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that you can already do this if you create a Boolean group using your objects and the “Add” or “Union” command. Once it’s a Boolean group, your objects will react to a single gradient fill.

18. I always have to put a rectangle of color in a group to defines its color, but the group itself is the right size. Why can't I just give it a color?

This is partially related to this idea:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/15957478-relative-positioning-within-a-group

If I could give it a color and relative positioning, you would match the Figma constraints feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Snapping 0px padding objects inside repeat grid. Maintain snap when resizing an adjacent item.

Currently, if I use a repeat grid to create an alternating pattern of items, and I try to resize one of them it overlaps with its adjacent item. This repeats with all of the repetitions.

It would be much more helpful if it pushed the adjacent item instead.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be really helpful to have a zoom out and pan similar to InDesign. This could facilitate being able to zoom into a section of the app or website design, zoom out and move to another section and zoom back to previous level an new cursor location in one fluid movement.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)