Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. New layer positioning
    Detrimental for a workflow as anyone spending hours per day knows.
    When creating a new layer of whichever type (vector, text, rectangle, pasting an image), the position of the layer needs to be above the layer that is currently selected or within if it is a folder.
    If no layers are selected than the new layer should be on the top.

Current behavior: the new layer is always created at the top except when I isolate a group of layers.

It is time consuming as we fiddle with hundreds of layers, and mouse dragging it every time…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be easier have selection as like as Autocad.

From left top to right bottom, only includes / from left to right everything touched get selected.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. option to set a default artboards stacking position

Option to set a default artboard stacking when duplicating an artboard to (left, right, top, down) positions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. フォントを揃える時に誤差があります
    例えばテキスト入力ボックスをデザインする時横長の長方形に一行テキストを置いてデザインしますが、長方形とテキストを両方選んで垂直方向で中央揃えをするとテキストを選択した状態でテキスト上に余白がありそれも計算して中央揃えするのでテキストが長方形に対して微妙に下になります。
    中央揃えしたあとにテキストだけ若干上に上げるような操作が必要となります。
    この点改善してください。

For example, when designing a text input box, design one line text in a landscape rectangle, but if you select both rectangle and text and center it in the vertical direction, there is a margin on the text with the text selected Since it is calculated and centered, the text is slightly below the rectangle.
    It is necessary to operate such as to raise the text only slightly after centering it.
    Please improve on this point.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When working on a large project, sooner or later, the wireframes will be handed to developers. A clean and transparent stucture is essential. I would suggest that, beside the existing art board title, there would be a art board 'code label'. Example: LOG-020 or MENU-001 etc. In web view, code label and title could be shown together like '[LOG-020] Visitors login screen'.
    The art board list on the left hand side in XD could be sorted on code to get a well organized list.
    An export function to xml could also be handy to get the complete project stucture to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be helpful if we could make a new symbol from multiples of the same object - for instance, you've got a button or icon that is exactly the same, but you've got 10 of them in use already. It would be great if you could 'symbol-ize' one of them and have it work on all instances.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. One of my favourite features in Illustrator is that it rounds units to the nearest ten when using shift and clicking the up/down buttons or hitting the up/down keys.

Just to be 100% clear, I’m not talking about bumping up/down by exactly 10px like what Photoshop does. If a shape is 23 pixels wide and you hold shift and hit the up key while the width text box is focused, the shape will bump to 30 pixels, not 33 pixels. It’s glorious!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export options should be more robust. I also find unwanted borders on some elements (a tile design with shadow) when exported to a PDF.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m separating out this feature to focus on PDF export issues, as we have many export option suggestions already in the system. I highly suggest you search for specific features you’re looking for in export.

Thanks,

-Elaine

9. I use a lot of zooming in/zooming out while working with XD, it will be cool if I can keep the button cmd or alt pressed and the zoom will block at 100%.

So if I'm at 60% and pinch zoom with "alt" or "cmd" pressed, the max zoom will get to 100% and not over). Same thing when I'm on 200% (working on some details) and want to zoom out.

Trackpad user will benefit from that, so easy to zoom in/out with a trackpad but sometimes I need 5 or 6 pinches to find the perfect 100%

Thank you…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When selecting a group you should be able to enter the grouped elements by pressing Enter key.

Sometimes it's difficult to double click (especially when using pen) the group to enter it without moving the object. When you'll be able to open the group using Enter key it will speed-up design.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In any Adobe app, or most any Mac design app, you can drag an image from your finder, or straight from a browser onto the app icon, and it will open up a canvas with that image sized exactly to the size of that image. Use that feature in fireworks and photoshop daily. However, when doing this with Xd it gives an error. You can drag an image onto the canvas itself from a web browser but dragging onto the icon does not appear to work.

A while back it stopped working with Fireworks too, but Adobe finally fixed it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I know Layer Panel is on the way so I hope this idea will help.

Naming Layer is still one of the worst nightmare. We forget to name layer and group all the time. We need good naming for organizing and exporting assets but with hundred of layers after the design done, we just cannot complete this task well.

So I think you should make a new kind of naming process to encourage designers do it as an important part of their routine.

My idea is a naming box appearing after we add an vector, bitmap or a shape. The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you select the rectangle, ellipse or line tool, the 1px outline goes blue to show it is selected and active. It would be nice to also slightly darken/lighten the background color of the selected tool too just to show contrast as the 1px blue is too subtle, I have to click twice to be sure my selected tool is actually active.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A 'Properties' or Meta panel, different from a 'CSS' panel.

This panel would have information on imported or placed files and their attributes.

Files would have their source (src) property, original dimensions, size, etc. Maybe even a little thumbnail.

There would also be a way of changing the linked file, opening source file in associated software etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently z value is retained when yoiu disable 3D Transform. The z value should be reset to 0 when 3D Transform is not applied (but the original value should be reinstated when 3D Transform is reactivated).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be handy have the ability to edit multiple elements that share same animation properties by selecting them. I usually have to edit tables and rows with same properties/elements and I have to go editing 1 by 1 while all rows has same content and same animation properties. I know lot of designers would appreciate this fuctionality: edition on bulck

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To have full control on editing of a compound path it would be rally helpful to be able to release it from it's compound. This way font icons or text that is converted to a path is much easier to edit. At this moment I need Illustrator as a workaround.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A busy design session may result in "orphan" Character Styles which are not named or do not conform with the standards. For example, I want all body copy to be 14pt but a few instances were wrongly created at 13pt. Currently, I click one instance of the 13pt, then "Add Character Style to Assets". I can then use the "Highlight on Canvas" feature to SHOW ever instance. But I cannot apply the 14pt style to them because they are not SELECTED. If "Select on Canvas" were an option, I could apply the correct 14pt style to all of the 13pt…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I think XD should be feature like Renaming & Swap Symbol like Sketch & Figma. Where I can easily rename any selected component, layer, group or art board and easily swap symbol instead of drag and drop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently rename components in the assets panel. You can already swap components by dragging any component over any other component instance to replace one component to another. I’ll change this suggestion to reflect that.