Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. I have 10 rather large artboards in my workspace; and they all use guides; I just noticed that after a certain level of zooming out, all guides vanish, and only visible again after you zoom in again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. Why components inside of another component are not changing immediately? When I have component inside of a group and I change the master component, those components inside of a group are changing immediately. But when i convert the group to component, I have to right-click every component inside that component and apply changes.

Is there a way to at least apply those changes to whole document? Or why it is not changing immediately?

1. If I have hundreds of child components inside of another component I would have to right-click all of them to apply changes from master component.
      It would…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. Need to set language to the text field to use font localization and correct glyphs!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. From my understanding a pasteboard collection contains any object created in the gray area outside any artboard. If that's the case then why can't I importan an image directly into the pasteboard and not the artboard itself? As far as what this would be used for, it could be used for stensil or an example of what you want to replicate as a set of arboards. Say you had a few hand-sketches, you scanned it and imported into XD and now you want to start building a hihger-fidelity wires.

Right now the moment I paste something or import something into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Scroll bar for the left column is very thin and difficult to grasp/click, please make it thicker, like a normal browser scroll

2. Please create a dedicated workspace scroll bar on the right side; this is especially needed when the XD app window is narrowed in size

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I opened an an icon library with 600 icons. I then tried to search for all icons with the word 'library' in them; 30 items cam back, but when clicked on one of the items, it was impossible to see the highlighting of the object because I needed to zoom out so much on the main artboardto see all of them.

It would be insanely helpful if you when using the filter search option, the items selected from the result set, say double-click would be zoomed in on the actual artboard, so the user does not spend minutes dragging the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Similar to how a scroll group or repeat grid is indicated with an icon in the Layers panel, it would be nice to see which group is a stack.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When attempting to open a file, from the home screen as you open Xd, the "Recent" screen with all the thumbnails truncates all of the file labels so that it is impossible to distinguish between them if you have similar names. Also, hovering over the image doesn't do anything - you have to specifically hover over the file name to see it's full name, and the same with the file path. It would be much better if when we hovered anywhere on whole thumbnail or labels we could see a tool tip with the file whole name, and then the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• While working on a design we have to make lot of components at one go or as we update when building applications from scratch.
    • In order to jump from one state to other we have to scroll all the way down or up if I need to go from state 1-5 to state 40-45 and, vice versa, as it is time consuming.
    • Please add a feature to extend the side panel to whatever size user wants as it will help in better design for the user and will secure time wastage.
    • Sketch already has similar feature, I have attached a…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would love to be able to import theese gradient files :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  8. All of the features on the Adobe XD softwares are good, and helpful. However, I would like to suggest adding a search bar, in which we can search for a specific feature (for eg. if we type 'Mask with shape' in it, it will show us that feature, and clicking on it, we can apply it to the required object). Not just for XD, but i think if it is there for Photoshop and Illustrator as well, it would be a very convenient tool to use.
    However, this is to be along with keeping other tools at their place, as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  9. Hidden characters and paragraph options are essential to my design work and they save up a lot of time. I know this comes from the print design approach but I still feels it's valuable to have more control on paragraphs rather than putting everything into a different box of copy.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Recently the company I work for has updated their UI. This change is major although we do incremental changes along the way. Now our app is in newelegant.css and our component libraries and prototypes are in legacy.css
    Our organization is also tool agnostic so as a design team we utilize a myriad of prototyping tools. for each tool someone will have to volunteer to go through and rebuild our components to match our new ui.
    Few people are using XD so I will proabbly have to do this. What a cool move would it be if I could ask the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. this is bad UX!

Command-Shift-S

the standard keyboard shortcuts, which you also know from other adobe products, should save the file locally and not to the cloud.

Command-Option-Shift-S

the extended keyboard shortcut can save the file in the cloud.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In Illustrator or other adobe products I remember a menu dedicated to selection.
    I'd like to have a collection of selection functions all in one place:
    Something to select items with the same properties.
    Toggle how select all works (all art boards, all visible, or current art board only)
    select all objects above
    select all objects below

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently (v30) when an image is dropped into an artboard or placed in a shape it will name the layer with the image file name. It does not change the layer name if that image is replaced.

It would be helpful to have an option to enable the layer to be automatically renamed to the new filename instead of just inheriting the current layer name.

I know there are issues (mostly related to auto-animate) but would be handy as a toggle or check either in preferences (what preferences right?) or as a modal check option on drop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would find it very useful to be able to copy the settings of the layout Grid of an artboard and paste it onto another. I often come across the situation in which I create new artboards that don't have the settings I need. in this case I need to type them in manually.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A very common scenario where I am trying to align an icon to thr right of the screen with a padding like the one I used on the left of the screen. Wouldn't it be cool if XD suggests "Hey you used 16px to align your header to the left of the art board/object would you like to keep icon also to 16px from the right?'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow 'stack' feature for entire content of an artboard! This would be amazing! Now I have to put everything in one group to do that – this wouldn't be necessary if we make the entire artboard to a vertical stack!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would love to right-click on a spot and go to a layers-list and see all layers underneath my cursor so I can "dig deep" and even select locked layers by simply right-clicking on them, go to "layers" and then see a hierarchy of everything (even locked items) and select the one I want and change it/remove it. See screenshot for further explanation (As in Sketch and Figma).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)