Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. As an Adobe Xd user that uses many artboards & different stack groups, I would like for pasted items to align with the rest of the stack group when adding more objects instead of pasting in the exact same coordinates that it's pasted from.

See video attached for example:
    1. I copy an object that I want in a different stack (this can be any object on any artboard)
    2. I double-click into the stack group to paste the new object.
    3. Paste the object
    4. The resulting object is pasted at the exact coordinates that it was copied from…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Instead of creating components, Icons could have a separate category in assets. This could help organize the project and could be used to generate a separate zip file for download for the developers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.

4. The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Since the new update you have this super unnecesary complicated hotkey for "saving locally" but no hotkey for quicksaving your file locally.

Probably the best option would be to have this in Xd settings to change your default space for saving like in Illustrator.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I often design without selecting my colors from the color assets or forget to use a font from the Asset panel. After some time and a lot of artboards I have no overview anymore where I have to adjust this. It would be good to have a way to highlight all styles (colors, fonts) that are not currently added to the asset panel, so I can easily select these elements and change them accordingly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. in 1920x1080 windows screen many important properties are not visible without scrolling. Please bring all items into view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to replace component i created with another component with out the need to remove and resize

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Our preferred workflow is to have a Xd-beta file for new development. When changes here are implemented the design gets moved to another file.

However, when copying artbords that contains components with overrides, these overrides are lost when the artbord is pasted in a new file. (both Xd-files are connected to the same master component file)

Would love if this could be fixed.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All -

Can you please detail out what’s your current workflow today in XD that lands you into that situation?

In other words, are the documents that you’re pasting into linked to the source document? are they “Saved As” versions of the source documents.

This extra info will help us identify what the issue is.

Thanks,
    Sherif

10. Hi,
    We've been waiting for a long time for stack feature and very very good to see its first step.

Problem: 60x60 6 component instances are stacked as horizontally with 3 px gaps between them. When we tried to swap an instance with another which was 30x30 stack didn't make it aligned vertically.

Solution: Stack groups have to have align determinations. If stack group is horizontally we should able to select its default alignment (top, vertical middle, bottom) Off course it would be great if we could determine its dimension fixations like autoAlign tool do (Anima) but for now I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Horizontal and Vertical options are nice, but in development there are many cases where you need to use both, especially for any items that wrap. I've included an idea to offer both options that will make stacks even better.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A small indicator next to the component name would be great, with emphasis on components that are no longer used in a document to easily adjust of delete themz. I attached a photo of what it could look like.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It is very necessary to make a version control system available, which allows "commits", "branches" and "merges", and more functionalities, just as version control services do for developers.

I know there is a design application for this purpose, but every time that application is updated it is no longer compatible with Adobe XD

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adobe is HARD to add text field to introduce numbers?? need some option - select group and add for exemple 20px space between objects. why no option to introduce fixed size

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Our team would benefit from "smart" text objects. Our largest need for this is for a text object to reflect the hex value of a color from the color assets. However, it would also be valuable to have a text object's content reflect a certain date, a series of dates across a repeating group of objects, today's day of week, today's month, etc. This would make our prototypes appear more dynamic for our clients. Currently, we manually type all of this information across multiple artboards and have to update it from time to time as the project moves through design…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As a user, I want to be able to use CONTROL/COMMAND + F to search the assets so that I can quickly find what I am looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When selecting a text to change its color, I would like to be able to see the text without the selection, so I can compare its new color against the background color. Right now I have to make a guess since I don't see the background, but I see the selection highlighted. Can you hide the selection highlight while I am choosing a color? Thank youuu!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm fairly new to XD so not sure if there is a way to do this already, but I thought of creating a radial repeat grid. Say you want to quickly create a clock face or compass. Designing one or 2 elements or numbers then having a repeat grid available to stretch around in a circle, or even just a curve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When holding spacebar and moving around your entire canvas: instead of cutting off content behind the UI panels, why not decrease the opacity of your UI Panels on the left and right to be about 90%. This way you can at least see what's being overlapped etc while moving. When it's registered that you've stopped moving, the UI flips back to 100% opacity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  20. As it is now, adding paragraph spacing to a text box disconnects that text from its character style. If I am to update the character style my text box is not updated accordingly. And I can't add paragraph spacing to the character style, so that feature is rendered useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)