Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. All the time when I need to manage links, I have to go open a new file to access and Manager Links.

Would be nice to have that easy access right on the File or View > Manager Links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I have a master component on an artboard that I resize with the Responsive Resize option turned on the component is resized but doesn't update the other instances of the component. So far so good. But it looks like the master component is now a different size (filled diamond symbol) but when I drag a new instance of this component from the sidebar it is still the size it was before resizing it. And if I edit the resized master component it messes up the other instances that are still the same size as before. So something is not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please can you restore sorting of character styles by style rather than by date added

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I've mostly loved XD for the improvements made in the last year as someone who uses it daily and most of my day. The latest update has been very disappointing. I understand that perhaps some people use their adobe stocks regularly or perhaps you guys really want to promote it but to be honest the change to default to always open a random folder in the Creative Cloud libraries (what I use only 0.1% of the time) is very annoying. I had to click around to toggle them off in order to hide them but then this preference isn't saved…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  6. The new feature 3d transform made a great role in designing UI in xd and we designers lack the button for flip the transformed objects or shapes. So please consider this in the next update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Feature we are using already in adobe illustrator make a great role in designing ui's and also the feature still made a better role in figma. I have attached the fie below.
    When a shape component is created and it converts to 3d which can be edited till with the original component.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi I'm a UX/UI designer based in Panamá.

Magento is getting popular and the number of companies that want a e-commerce is growing and they are in the need of functional sites and very quickly.

This need could be fulfilled with a prototyping plugin or XD Files with all the functions that Adobe Magento have for B2B, B2C and Marketplaces.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add an option to reset a component, that has other nested components inside of it, to its master state without resetting its nested components.

I often build master components, that includes other components, which are not in their main state (could for instance be a button with its text changed). If I then duplicate the master component (the one including the nested ones) to create a child of it, overwrite something in it, and then later on regrets it, I can reset it to its main state, but it will then also reset all the nested components to their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hello,
    one thing I loved on Assets panel was the possibility to change the width of the panel to show multiple columns of assets including for each asset a small tile and its name.
    Today in the new version of library it's not possible to have the list view in multiple column... For me it's a regression.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It seems silly, but that the layer that makes a mask has its icon and is automatically called "Mask" helps a lot in projects with many layers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be really useful to be able to select a layer in the Layers palette (or by clicking in the artboard), then move that selected object from within the artboard by dragging it (as opposed to the top most object being selected). The object on the selected layer should always remain selected so long as you drag from within its bounding box. This could be enabled by holding down a key, but I think an option to make it the default behaviour makes sense (as it is in Figma).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Since our team is using multiple shared design libraries, it would be nice to be able to open more than one library when working on a document.

For instance, I'd like to be able to have both the brand library and the current document assets open at the same time.

Especially if one could be on a floating palette.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We should be able to set negative distance for Stack groups. Would allow to have elements partially hidden under another.

It's possible to do this with Repeat Grid - set negative distance between grid elements. Not sure why you didn't allow us to do the same with Stack.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great to have the Alias, Size, and Custom Tokens available in XD for when I'm designing. Currently my color tokens only show the global versions, and I can't add additional swatches if they share a hex value. We don't want developers using global tokens if an alias or component token exists, so it would be great to have these available to me as I design.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We work in a micro-service architecture where all apps don't use the current version of the design system. It would be great to select the version of the system that reflects the app/environment we're designing for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When having nested components in a main component and then creating instances of that main component and swapping the nested components inside that instance, the nested components in the instance no longer reflect the position, scale, etc of the main component if you move the nested component around. You can see an example from @ArvidFB (twitter) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixz2-ePjLWs&feature=youtu.be

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Asset panel had been always just one click (or shortcut) away. With XD 34, after a click, you need to see what's there, then navigate through the panel if document assets are not there. So there could be more cognitive load and extra steps for users.

Plus, it was possible to open both cc library (global assets) and asset panel (local assets) at the same time. Now you are forced to switch between local and remote assets when your task need both (or, graphics and components). Working with other design tools gets a little more fiddly because of this.

Finally,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. One of the top features of Sketch for me are the input fields for distances between two objects (see screenshot). So you can easily adjust the distances between two selected objects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I love the new 3D transform! It's going to be great for so many projects but I would love for it to have an additional setting that is in both the Illustrator version of rotate as well as 3rd party solutions such as how Protopie does 3D rotate and that it Perspective Depth.

Right now all of the 3D transforms are at the same perspective and while you can change the angle a bit by rotating the object after 3D transforming, it's not ideal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 68 69