Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Paste appearance now works for individual items. It would be time saving if I could copy the appearance of a group of objects and paste it into another one with the same objects and different appearance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I am typing text or creating an object, I always want to be able to click ESC to deselect the active object. Currently the touchbar in XD causes my ESC button to disappear. In order to stop typing inside of a text object I have to click on the canvas, which creates another text object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hello XD team,

I am working on a large design system and even if a lot efforts have been done on the components in the previous patches, I would like to share my thoughts on the two following points.

I collaborate with product owners, project managers and developers. These profiles have been formed on XD (basics principles and how to use our design system). As far as I know, they struggle on updating values as text or icon within components. They have to click a lot time to "correctly" point on the element they want to update, resulting in a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I select a single child layer inside a group, all the align options are disabled. Please enable them so that I can align them with respect to the artboard.

Also, please allow us to select an artboard and a layer outside the artboard together and align.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Many of my components have standard locations on an artboard. I would like components to snap to that default location.

At a minimum the default location needs to be specified in the following ways:
    a. As an xy co-ordinate from the top left of the Artboard.
    b. As centred at a y co-ordinate

However, it would also be good if the distance from the bottom and right-hand side of the artboard could also be specified, and also the distance in terms of fractions of artboard height and width.

I envision the component snapping into the correct position whenever a component…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  6. I occasionally come up against a situation where I have created two components that I realize should have been a single component.

When this happens I must repeatedly highlight the redundant component on the canvas and manually replace the component.

It would be great to have a way of simply replacing all occurrences of the redundant component.

In an ideal world, this function would be a smart replace where object attributes from the replaced component instances were applied to an object in the new component instance where its name and type matched.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Having copied a component from a different document and made it local, I think it would be more logical if the component was also tagged as the main component instead of just an instance.

This was the behaviour that I naturally assumed was taking place when I first did this because whenever I create a component in other circumstances the selected object is the main component.

When you implement the duplicate component functionality I would also argue for the duplicate component to be tagged as a main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi,

would it be possible to move the 3D rotation point, so we can rotate something like a door on a hinge rather than spin around the centre?

At the moment, it's possible to rotate and move, but it doesn't keep an edge in exactly the same place using the autoanimate options - it's a bit floaty.

Thank you,
    Adam

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I often create a series of artboards that I want to use in several flows, or more than once in the same flow.

The "return to previous artboard" functionality is inadequate to allow this to happen.

E.g. A series of artboards that show an image being loaded and edited. I want to transition to this series of artboards in many places throughout my workflow, and once I have progressed through these image editting artboards I want to return to the artboard that I was at before I transitioned. Because I am not returning from the first artboard in the set…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Its becoming tedious and frustrating that when I want to preview the webpage I'm designing, I have to go to EACH component and switch them one by one to their default state.
    Then, when I'm going back to designing, I then have to switch them one by one to their hover state to make the changes I want. (I switch them to their default state in the first place because I want to get the full affect and to see the transition so just leaving them in the hover state while previewing isn't really an option)
    It would be enormously…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I love the new adjust line height trick. Thank you. Clicking the red target now resizes to fit the font. Awesome. Curious why we wouldn't want to consider line height in this adjustment?

If a developer needs to know the white space between H1 and an p style. The H1 line height is a declaration and affects the next selector.

Perhaps it's a shift click and it recognizes the font size and line height?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When transitioning from one library to another in XD, Wish the title (as well as the left chevron) was clickable. The current click zone is VERY small.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hello,
    My team uses XD in coediting mode and each time someone updates their XD and goes into the document, when it autosaves, it kicks everyone else out with an older version. It's so ridiculous. Would love if the Adobe team can find a better way to handle this and not kick out designers who are currently in a document. It's very disruptive to workflow!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Inside a component state, select an object and a "Fix Position While Scrolling" checkbox appears on the right menu where it usually is for base-level elements on an artboard. When selected, the element stays fixed on the artboard while the rest of the component scrolls.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I believe you could make a number of characters limit box on the right menu, this would help UX writers to make better text to fit the layout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I often modify components when exploring possible design solutions. When satisfied I sometimes want that modification as a state for that component. But then I need to open the Main component, create a new state and redo the entire process which is frustrating, time consuming and prone to errors.

What if the overrides I've made to a component (also instances) could be directly added as a state from within the states panel?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Today we are able to save a color than change it on all artboards.

I think it would be interesting to have a function similar to illustrator but only for one artboard or more (if selection is possible). If it is possible to select the change on background and/or border, that would be awesome too.

An example, I design a web site or an app and I want to create a dark template only for one artboard for demonstration. So I duplication my first artboard and change the color. With this functionality, we could gain time and be able to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be great to be able to copy all the position and transformation values with one click and then be able to paste them onto another object with another click instead of copying one value at a time to match the exact position.

It could be similar to this type of menu from Unity

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please can there be an update button added to the open linked library pannel?

It auto-updates if a NEW component is added, but if I adjust an existing component, I have to navigate back to all libraries, open my document assets, update and then go back to the linked library. It's massively annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 68 69