Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Since the new update you have this super unnecesary complicated hotkey for "saving locally" but no hotkey for quicksaving your file locally.

Probably the best option would be to have this in Xd settings to change your default space for saving like in Illustrator.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I often create a series of artboards that I want to use in several flows, or more than once in the same flow.

The "return to previous artboard" functionality is inadequate to allow this to happen.

E.g. A series of artboards that show an image being loaded and edited. I want to transition to this series of artboards in many places throughout my workflow, and once I have progressed through these image editting artboards I want to return to the artboard that I was at before I transitioned. Because I am not returning from the first artboard in the set…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think the presets for TV devices are missing. Even if we can enter them manually, we need to do it every time and use some homemade component for security zone etc.

An idea should be to extend the preset device to TV screens (720p, 1080p, HD, 4K, 8K and so on)

Thanks !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. As a designer I want to select multiple components and be available to change to hover or default state at the same time.

Thanks

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It seems clickable area is set to the exact size of closing icon? Could you make it a bit bigger?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Its becoming tedious and frustrating that when I want to preview the webpage I'm designing, I have to go to EACH component and switch them one by one to their default state.
    Then, when I'm going back to designing, I then have to switch them one by one to their hover state to make the changes I want. (I switch them to their default state in the first place because I want to get the full affect and to see the transition so just leaving them in the hover state while previewing isn't really an option)
    It would be enormously…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Colors. Why can't I add them straight up? I know all the colours i need to use? Why can't i just create them? Why do i need put something on an art board first? I am doing something wrong?

The asset management is strange. Figma does it better. Copy them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When I have cropped certain pictures or screenshots, I want to be able to fix certain things on the spot, the way Photoshop or Picasa allows blemishes to be fixed based on surrounding area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  9. Currently (v30) when an image is dropped into an artboard or placed in a shape it will name the layer with the image file name. It does not change the layer name if that image is replaced.

It would be helpful to have an option to enable the layer to be automatically renamed to the new filename instead of just inheriting the current layer name.

I know there are issues (mostly related to auto-animate) but would be handy as a toggle or check either in preferences (what preferences right?) or as a modal check option on drop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. i'd really like to have the possibility to add effects that will be made with the mouse, like fluid effect (ondulation like water) on an image or a text.

in my point of view it's very important for creating incredible design and animations and make a website with a strong identity.

https://veli.studio/ <<<there is an effect like this here

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As a UX Designer i want to have ability to copy an object of any type and then paste and replace multiple Text, Vectors, Images and Components with it in a single action.

How it should work.
    1. Select an object (source) and use a standard copy action. cmd + C
    2. Select one or multiple objects (targets) on one or multiple artboards. The objects can be all different types.
    3. Use an action "paste and replace"

What will happen: the object in clipboard replaces the selected objects.

Position: all pasted objects take the same position as the targets.
    Width:…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A simple eye icon for visibility on the artboard list in the layers panel would be a great to help clean up pasteboards while not having to loose any pages or work that may be needed but not displayed at a certain time. Also if this function also affected which dartboards are to be included when the document is shared across any links. I personally create artboards for style sheets for my developer but when sharing with the client for review they are always visible, it would be nice to be able to hide these when using XD links.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently when I right-click on a color or style in the assets panel and choose "highlight on canvas," all elements using that color or style will be outlined in blue. This is problematic when my design uses a similar blue, making it hard to see. I would like to be able to customize the highlight color to bright pink or some other color not used in my design so that it is very easy to see all highlighted elements at a glance.

Same feature was requested and described well on StackExchange here: https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/136145/can-i-change-the-color-used-by-highlight-on-canvas-feature

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can we have it that if hover state is bigger than default state, it will resize from center point.

I'm thinking of using cards components on my designs, and having them get bigger on hover. but to be honest with ya, having them resize from top-left corner on hover is weird AF.

I can't think of a scenario where resizing from top-left corner on hover is expected. but def. resizing from center point is the more used up case.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fonts seem lighter, or too sharp, in XD than in browser reality.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be really useful to set a base colour, and then create tints of this colour (like you can in InDesign) which are linked to the global base colour asset.

Currently, I get these tints by setting opacities of a base colour - but I want to be able to use the colours without any transparency & keep them linked.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we have a Page for all the Master Components?? Please

Page 1 - Project Artboards
    Page 2 - Project Components

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would like to make entire artboard a component for templating purposes, so that I can override but still stick to original design.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There should be an option for 'Edit svg in Illustrator' in a right-click menu.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Description:

Please include a command which resets all elements to their Default state.

At the moment, one has to individually select each component separately and return them to their default state before viewing in prototype mode. This implementation would make this process very easy and quick especially if one has many components and component states.

This could be done via the command menu or the Component window, on a pasteboard, or selected elements level.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)