Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Would be great if XD screens could be imported into Framer X similar to Sketch. It’s the only thing that makes me still debate using Sketch instead of XD!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would love to be able to customize the easing function - similar to how you can edit easing graphs in after effects - or the simplicity of how you can edit the easing curves in InVision Studio. This really gives a us the ability to make a product feel more custom.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be of great value to be able to have error handeling this would create a more realistic prototype and scenarios for user testing.

Example 1:
    If you add a text field and set it to an email field it should trigger an error when a user doesn't fill it in correct.

Example 2:
    If you add a text field and set it to a mandatory field it should trigger an error when a user skips the field or presses a submit button.

At this moment there are no application I know of that have this feature and if…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. PainPoint:

As you design more and more complex prototypes it gets really easy to forget where the Artboard is for the part of the flow you are at in the Design Previewer

Solution:
    Highlight which Artboard it currently showing in the previewer so that you can make changes faster.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It can be great to be able to prototype complex animations and interactions. It can help us create more concrete prototypes with mouse and scroll animations or also infinite loop animations.

Detail of the idea in this article : https://uxplanet.org/the-killer-feature-im-waiting-for-in-our-modern-design-tools-87c3a5d3c4b3

Summary of the idea :
    A 3 step process which allow you an infinity of possibilities by customizing each property with a math formula. We add syntax highlighting to help designers differentiate dynamic properties, static properties and constants or math functions.
    Then, AdobeXD previewer will “just” have to recalculate and update these properties at a 60 Hz frequency to make…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use (or have the option to use) a mouse-down (or touch-down) input to trigger changes instead of a full click (down+up).

When doing usability testing it's possible a user might try to click and drag something. Unnecessary confusion may result when the system doesn't respond at all (because a full click is necessary to trigger a change). If we could respond to the initial -press- or mouse-down we could provide an immediate response at the time the gesture begins, mitigating confusion.

Of course drag-and-drop would be super ideal, but the ability to respond to a press response would allow us…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'm about to do a focus group - and we have a Mobile AND Web prototype we're running.

Right now, I can only "play" one prototype at a time - Making side-by-side comparison impossible. (So if I click the play button on my Web prototype, it shows up, but when I click the play button on my Mobile prototype - it closes the web one to open the mobile one).

I'd like to be able to have both running simultaneously - so we could compare interactions "live" as it were.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great to have a long press/touch gesture. Since both Android and iOS have it available, it's an interaction that is getting more use recently.

If it comes with a new State for the component it would be even better!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. basically, when i tap the play button on a music app i'm prototyping, if i happen to tap another button or click onto another artbord, it will stop the audio. there should be a way to pause and play the audio. that would be very helpful. thanks!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Prototyping for people who are visual impaired is almost impossible to do. With the voice feature added it has become a bit easier to fake but if two more featured would be added Adobe XD could prototype for even more users.

• Vibrations could be added within the action area. This would make sure that extra feedback could be added to certain buttons/area's instead of textual feedback. This would also mean that two actions should be possible; a vibration and a transition if necessary.
    • The VoiceOver function of iOS can't read the Adobe XD app. It doesn't distinguish buttons/area's that have…
    21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I preview in the browser I can use the browser's built in "back" button to go back one step in my prototype. There's no way to mimic this behavior in the Desktop Preview in the XD app. This can be frustrating, as I often like to start Previews within the app but it can be frustrating to navigate.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi XD team!

I'm so excited that you are releasing the iOS and Android XD apps for testing on those devices. We have apps on those platforms, but I feel like the real game changer for us would be an OTT testing app such as a native tvML (tvOS) app for Apple TV that we could at least test our Apple TV app on.

We have our app on nearly every OTT platform you can imagine such as Apple TV Legacy and tvOS, Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, XBox 360 and new ones coming soon. Our stakeholders view our design…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Defining a path the elements follow while in auto animate is a feature that will be appreciated. While creating a graph some elements have to follow the curve of the graph like a point on the graph. While animating that using auto animate, the point moves outside the graph. Yes, multiple dashboards can be used to define it but with path animation, only two artboards will be enough.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The transition animation of shapes from one screen to the other are not supported when they are symbols.

The animation is smooth if the items are grouped but if these are symbols the animation seems to break.

In the example the bottom nav bar is a symbol in one and a grouped element in the other

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great if I could give a artboard a device that is connected, so I can preview iPhone artboards on my connected iPhone, same for my iPad and so on. That would work pretty well with multiple device setups.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When previewing a Prototype, hide or use thin, unobtrusive "mobile" scroll bar on Mobile-specified artboards. The standard browser scrollbar is too wide - which interferes with touchpoints and is not representative of a true mobile experience.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fantastic features: Overlays, and Fixed elements
    Here are a few improvements I'd like to see.

• Overlays support Fixed headers and Footers, scrolling content.... But now the drop shadows can't be used on the elements because they get cut off. Allow the overlay to be shadowed, or allow the shadows to bleed out from the overlay contents.

OLD
    - Scroll Underlying content: I'd like to have a left panel come sliding in, and still be able to scroll the underlying page. Example: Toolbar slides in, scroll the content of the page.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)