Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Would be handy have the ability to edit multiple elements that share same animation properties by selecting them. I usually have to edit tables and rows with same properties/elements and I have to go editing 1 by 1 while all rows has same content and same animation properties. I know lot of designers would appreciate this fuctionality: edition on bulck

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Can we please have it available where its possible to have one area scroll vertically and horizontally for web, scroll groups look weird on web. Because I would like for the rectangle or the area it to have its own scroll bar. Scroll groups only make sense for mobile, not web, its kind of limiting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sometimes I'd like to show an infinte scroll (mostly horizontally) in my prototypes if that's some services CTA's or a gallery. Currently, this isn't a feature so I ended up duplicating the whole group and adding a note in my email when I send the design over. If there was an option to make a scroll group infinite ie. as it reaches the end of its scroll it mirrors it from the beginning that would be a great help. I've shown on this quick mock up how the option on/off could look.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The Share button that appears at the top of the selected artboard is super annoying. I have clicked on it 100 times accidentally when I want to rename or move an artboard :( And it directly generates a new link! Horror. If you wan to keep this function - please move it somewhere else. Prototyping mode or actually the Share mode fit this button better.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I select "highlight on canvas" for a component, the "0 instances found" overlay should always restart its "slide in" animation, to confirm that it was triggered by the most recent asset selected.

Right now, if the "0 instances found" bar is already on screen, and I select "highlight on canvas" for a different asset with no instances, there's no visible change indicating that XD has correctly interpreted my action and is showing me information for the second asset.

(This could also be helped by reducing the amount of time that the 0-assets found overlay bar lingers...right now it sticks…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  6. I am the Director of User Experience for several large companies. I make an interactive prototypes for them. These companies are doing mostly Web, AR and VR applications for global audiences. That being said almost all of the applications are made with 3d animations. The limit of 20 mp4s per document will not allow XD to be used for designing this type of software because the transitions from any point in the application need to me animated footage for a seamless experience. If you want XD to be used by big companies that are designing heavy software applications in AR,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would love to see some sort of visual association with text boxes with design system character styles applied to them.

Currently, there is no way to know if a block of text has a style applied.

This will help mitigate the risk of missing blocks and having broken associations to the library when trying to update character styles on multiple mock-ups.

Could be as simple as adding a blue diamond instead of the green used for components.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A busy design session may result in "orphan" Character Styles which are not named or do not conform with the standards. For example, I want all body copy to be 14pt but a few instances were wrongly created at 13pt. Currently, I click one instance of the 13pt, then "Add Character Style to Assets". I can then use the "Highlight on Canvas" feature to SHOW ever instance. But I cannot apply the 14pt style to them because they are not SELECTED. If "Select on Canvas" were an option, I could apply the correct 14pt style to all of the 13pt…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When multiple users working on the same file, it will be great if we can see which part is changed or modified.

It is nice to see other people working on the work area realtime but when someone leave the file and come back, it should show them which part has been modified since they leave. Maybe a special highlight or a mark on changed art board.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. To have full control on editing of a compound path it would be rally helpful to be able to release it from it's compound. This way font icons or text that is converted to a path is much easier to edit. At this moment I need Illustrator as a workaround.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Title case does not take into account grammatical prepositions, extremely frustrating to have to go through and change ever single one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. showing the image preview would help when dealing with many layers. especially the ones that are set to 0% opacity.
    I would then attach the replace image function to the thumbnail.
    Bonus: add a paste function to the "replace image" feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. My request is two fold but both relate to shadows.

In brief

Include shadow properties that related fully to CSS
    Include the ability to save named shadow profiles for reuse

Details

Include a crucial forth property to drop shadows that is actually part of the CSS spec and will enable designers to more accurately communicate their specifications to developer – include SHADOW SPREAD.

Example declaration in CSS;

box-shadow: [x-offset] [y-offset] [blur] [spread]

Additionally, please include the ability to save drop shadow profiles so they can be updated easily and will be applied to all relevant designs. It is time consuming…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you only have a single request per ticket, so I’m going to repurpose this specific ticket for the drop shadow spread. Please do feel free to file your second idea as a new ticket. Thanks!

14. Please allow to use different 3d Transformations between the States so you can use 3d Transform as a hover effect or something else.

Currently the 3D Transform Options adapt to all States when you change it on the component.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The components in my library are structured in subgroups.

Example:
    - icons
    -- navigation
    --- up
    --- down
    -- sort
    --- up
    --- down

When you use a component from the library, the component is imported as linked component. Those linked components are imported completely out of context of the original group structure:
    - up
    - down
    - up
    - down
    I can no longer see that the "up" component came from "icons / navigation" or from "icons / sort".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Requesting: Screen mode

Indesign has several screen modes for design. This feature should be brought to XD. It would be nice to see margins and preview mode with the "w" shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Design ideation is important. Pen on paper is one way, white boarding is another. With many of us still working from home, a whiteboard tab or new section would be essential.

I really loved the InVision Studio whiteboard and mood board. Those are features I would love to see in XD. Being able to share the whiteboard and mood afterwards or in real time would be great as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ◆ Overview
    After releasing "State" feature, it's been able to prepare complex interactions like "hover." Following feature may help to reduce required time preparing a new component with similar behaviors/instructions.

◆ Actual
    New component with state settings every time when a similar behavior is expected in different look and feel.
    (Currently, preparing another XD file is believed to be the only solution to avoid this by selecting "Make it as local component" after loading it from another XD file.")

◆ Expected
    By select "Use it as a new Master Component" is to make a new Master component instead of copying…

737 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have the ability to create simple gifs rather than leaving XD to make simple gifs in PSD or AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be if we could convert a shape from like say an ellipse to a square just as in illustrator, so as to not waste time to recreate icons if I want to change from circular icons to square. As previously stated for software that was made to save time it sure does waste a lot, especially, when it comes to the fact that things like this are standard/were thought out already in other adobe software & could have easily been implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)