Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Ability to turn off shortcuts like Cmd/control + Drag moves the artboard around which I don't want. I constantly move the artboard by accident as I navigate through components with the keyboard and using cmd/control to select a specific component part.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Rather that simply provide the option to space distribute multiple items based on the distance between them, in addition, provide the option to distribute them from their center points, as provided in Illustrator.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Although component instances are differentiated by a different diamond icon, I still find myself accidentally modifying instances when I mean to modify the main component.

It would be useful to more clearly differentiate component instances by using a different border color so it's more obvious that I'm looking at an instance rather than the main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I always use the same basic guides in my designs (for distance from the edge of the screen) and i have to maually add those to all screens.
    While they can be copy-pasted with the entire screen, i dont always wanna copy a screen i already designed - for multiple reasons.
    The ability to create fixed guides for a document that can be manually added to would be much apprechiated

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ability to drag select elements without dragging elements. This is basically what Figma has called "Deep Selection" where if I press and hold Ctrl and drag, I can select all elements without also dragging any element below the cursor.

This is useful to select nested elements and you dont want to drag the background element, and you dont want to have to manually lock those elements. Being able to just hit a keyboard modifier and drag nested child layers would be extremely valuable to make quick adjustments to UI designs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Working with a developer, we think it would be a good idea to mark the name of the colors of fonts… we are adding in the asset panel in the panel right to the app.
    It will allows dev that are using the XD document locally on their computer (without the link) to watch exactly the name of the Color or the style for each element without reading informations.
    It will be also possible if the Color or the style used is focus in the asset panel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would expect to be able to save components from any file to the <library file>.
    This would help me keep track of the created components and re-use them as I design more screens, in separate files.
    Currently, I can't keep up with updating the <library file> as I work. I tried but it consumes a massive amount of time.

The extent to which I use this feature is by creating a <library file> that contains all the colours, fonts and a few basic components (inputs, selectors, buttons). As I create more and more screens with many new components, I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Color gradient function. The area of color selection is too small to accurately locate the desired position,
    For example, the gradient is from: #000 (0%position) - > #aaa (50%position) - > #666 (50%position) - > #000 (100%position), like picture 1;It is suggested to increase the selection of color areas. Picture 2 is like this;

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea. I'm going to keep this open, but as a tip, you can press tab to switch to the next gradient stop if they're really close together.

10. When designing interfaces, it would be very convenient when after typing in a custom list of items in a grid, there is a function to sort them alphabetically. Right-click on the grid/group of items and choose 'order alphabetically'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  11. Shortcut to make selected text styled as a hyperlink. Or maybe a shortcut for adding links?

Also add an overriding character style for hyperlinks with a common name like "[H|h]yperlink".

Similar to this, but not.
    https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045942953-Add-links-to-text#Style_links

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When working with components, I sometimes have to make changes to the default state that I don't necessarily need in the other states, it would be nice to have the ability to choose if those changes roll out to the other states or not.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Best feature in Indesign is to jump back to last used field using a keyboard shortcut. I think this should definitely be part of every application, including Adobe XD. That is:

Activate last-used field in panel --- Default: Opt+Cmd+`

This should be a great addition to all the Adobe Applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  14. I'd like a cycle state to be added. It would be similar to toggle state but it would have multiple states. For instance, a filter button. press once filter sort ascending arrow pointing down highlighted. press again another such descending arrow point up highlighted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.

16. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area

Ability to set up guides from the edge of the work area/application frame instead of only the artboard work area.format. This is how guides/rulers work in all other Adobe apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently (XD 24.0.22.19), if I drop an instance of a component and then adjust part of it (text in a button, size of the instance, etc.), that override is only applied to the selected state of the instance. So, if I have a button with many states (normal, hover, disabled, active, default action, etc.) I have to manually apply that override to each state of the instance. This is extremely tedious and error prone.

Please provide the ability to have an override of an instance be inherited by all states in that component instance.

1,472 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I often have to deal with elaborate XD files at my workplace designed by other people. To find a section I have to do a meticulous search. A simple "ctrl+F" / Find function would help immensely to find keywords.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: When you edit an animation in design mode and try to edit the time, there is an error when you try to type the time.

The textfield shows for example:
    0,5 Sec.

If try to edit and you type:
    0,6 Sec.

it goes back to
    0,5 Sec.

You need to type:
    0.6 Sec.
    to edit the field correctly.

And then, the field shows again:
    0,6 Sec.

Why? It drives me crazy when editing animations. It should be only. 0,6 (comma) and also SHOWING 0,6 but not this mixed mode.

Also it would be very convient if the "Sec". would…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)