Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. We should be able to set negative distance for Stack groups. Would allow to have elements partially hidden under another.

It's possible to do this with Repeat Grid - set negative distance between grid elements. Not sure why you didn't allow us to do the same with Stack.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Like the 'diamond' symbol you have for components, please add a symbol identifying characters that use a style from the library.
    Also, how do we unlink a text from a library-style?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket.

I’ll keep this open for identifying the character style in the design. As for your question, you can change the text formatting in the property inspector to the right and automatically unlink it from the character style in your assets panel.

3. I want you to be able to enter decimal numbers in the padding numbers of the group.
    It is inconvenient that you can handle the decimal point for other positions and sizes, but not the value here.
    When considering character units (em, rem, etc.) as a reference when coding CSS, there are cases where a decimal point is required when converting to px, so I would like you to be able to enter a decimal point here as well.

要望 グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力

グループのパディングの数値に小数(decimal)で入力できるようにして欲しい。
    他の位置やサイズなどは小数点を扱えるがここの値は扱えないのが不便です。
    CSSコーディングの際に文字単位(em,remなど)を基準として考える場合、px換算すると小数点が必要になるケースがあるので、ここも小数点の数値が入力できるようにして欲しい。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The new stacking function is very good and complements the padding function.

However, on some occasions the direction of the stacks is not necessarily (from top to bottom) or (from left to right).

I believe that adding two more stack options: (from bottom to top) and (from right to left) can improve the creation of interfaces more easily.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I think XD should be feature like Renaming & Swap Symbol like Sketch & Figma. Where I can easily rename any selected component, layer, group or art board and easily swap symbol instead of drag and drop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently rename components in the assets panel. You can already swap components by dragging any component over any other component instance to replace one component to another. I’ll change this suggestion to reflect that.

6. Oh my, XD is so bad!
    Why when resizing an artboard from the left the content is pushed away on the right but when resizing from the right the content is hidden under the artboard (the way it should be!). This happens regardless of Responsive Resizing.
    This is NOT an idea!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this suggestion open, but to answer your question: content is referenced by x, y pinned to the top left corner of the artboard. When you resize from the right, the content of the artboard is still fixed to the upper left corner. Since you’re moving the origin when you resize from the left, you’re moving the content with it. Hope that helps!

7. Font resize by Command + . wold resize space between lines and paragraph spacement (proportionaly).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I believe, this is major bug in Adobe XD, Photoshop Guid Layout is perfect. In this way out layout is not going to be in center. If we use Align Center then there is no use.

If I enter any value to "linked left and right align" feature, it automatically convert to "Different margin for each section" feature.

I guess the issue is column width. It need to be calculate automatically. 

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. HELP !! Can you add supported asian scripts function to adobe XD, Because some of Thai text are wrong compose

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like the ability to add additional metadata or tags to assets within a library so that they would be found with the search field. For example, I may have an icon called "search" that is a magnifying glass. I would like to add additional keywords to that asset such as "magnifying glass" or "filter" in case that's what other collaborators might use to search for this icon. This is a simplified example, but I've already run into needs for this multiple times while compiling our design system file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  11. Let the user set points (similar to anchor links in artboards) so the animation snaps in scroll groups.
    The scenario is to prototype app icons in several menu pages situation, so you scroll right and left snapping to each page.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I outline a font that contains multiple colors, the color changes to one color.

複数の色が入ったフォントをアウトライン化したときに色が一色に変わってしまう

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be helpful to apply multiple paragraph styles within the same text box. This is particularly helpful for long bodies of text such as visualising a blog page. Currently you have to split each header, sub head and body copy block into separate text boxes.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In many other apps, when I see an eye icon it is because that layer is VISIBLE / ACTIVE. In XD this icon works exactly the opposite. We have a strikethrough icon with an eye that when active represents INVISIBLE layer and when not active represents VISIBLE layer.

It confuses me so much each time.

2 options:

1. KEEP THE STRIKETHROUGH ICON: Can we revert the way it works so by default no icon appears and then you can click to hide layers.

or

1. DO AS IN AFTER EFFECTS: A normal eye icon for showed layers and nothing for hidden ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It could be cool if XD got a "tilt phone trigger". Like when tilting your phone the color of your text changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When changing zoom to something new, remember the previous zoom coordinates and zoom level.

Double-tap 'z' to return to that previous zoom level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We are using the Atomic Design approach and have built our files accordingly. There is an underlying pattern library with all the atoms. Then there is one file for each molecule, these files use the atoms. Finally, there are the files of the programs that plug atoms and molecules together. This file structure isn't entirely because of Atomic Design, but also because we are running into performance problems with our rather big files otherwise.
    With the old feature of linked assets that was never a problem, now we started to using the Library feature and are running into issues:
    I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Just like how photoshop has checkered background to denote transparency. XD should have the same thing. It's important to know what shapes have or don't have a fill without having to worry about if the fill matches the same background color as the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Could we please have shear/distort/skew transform option of a vector object in Adobe Xd?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. xd no funciona con efectos de desenfoque cuando se exportar los archivos en PDF y SVG

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)